[SCRIPT] Diplomacy Extension : V1.00 : 2022-07-27

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Diplomacy Extension : V1.00 : 2022-07-27

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 27. Jul 22, 18:57

=============================================
Script: Diplomacy Extension
Created: 27/07/2022
Version: 1.0
Author: Cycrow
Game: X3: Farnham's Legacy 1.3
=============================================

:arrow: Downloading
Install via the Plugin Manager

:arrow: Introduction:

This script adds a number of additional diplomacy tasks for your agents to use.
You can access them directly from the Diplomacy Menu

:arrow: Task- Diplomatic Immunity:

This task will use an agent to gain diplomatic immunity which will protect the target race from any dynamic notoriety changes.
This allows you to gain notoriety with the target race without losing it with any other race, and prevent any loses from the target race when gaining with their enemies.

The agent will take some time before they are able to gain immunity and need to remain at the station for the effect to be active. This also requires an hourly upkeep influence to keep running.
If you dont have enough influence for the upkeep available the agent will cancel the task and return.

:arrow: Task- Sooth Sector Relations:

This task works similar to hacking a station by removing the enemy status of all stations and ships in the sector, unlike hacking, this task requires you to have good relations with the target race.

:arrow: Task- Trade Contract:

This task allows you to form a trade contract with a factory. The contract will deliver a set number of wares to your Headquarters for a set price.
The wares are delivered when ever the factory produces until it hits the quota.
The more wares you arrange to buy, the cheaper they will be per unit.

:arrow: Task- Steal Wares:

This task will send an agent to attempt to steal wares from a factory.
You can choose the ware (product or resources) to steal and the risk level.
The risk level determines the amount of wares to attempt to steal as well as the success change.
The lower the risk, the less wares you steal but the more likely to succeed.

Failed attempts could result in your agent being killed.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] Diplomacy Extension : V1.00 : 2022-07-27

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sun, 31. Jul 22, 22:11

Thank you, very timely too, I was about to build stations for PHQ construction wares and some get locked by dyn rep - and the agent stealing wares seems like a good reward/risk trade off. And other options cover lots of missing options, this is very exciting! Thank you!

Two quick questions/comments:

- would be amazing for this to make it in as a non-modified save game update (bonus pack? 1.4?)
- any chance of adding a way to permanently stop dyn rep loss (with some restrictions? Maybe can drop but only until 0), with extremely high cost balancing? For example:
— agent point reduces drop by 0.1%-1% (so need *a lot*)
— agent stops drop below 0 but has to be active with no upkeep (so trade agent slot per faction locked)
(Basically looking to automate immunity agent upkeep in late game, like how players can choose self sufficient complexes or upgrade to XXL)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 2. Aug 22, 12:49

There are no current plans for a bonus pack right now. If that changes this will most likely be included.

There is already a barrier that your relations wont drop below, i think its currently at -10000, but this can be easily changed by editing the globals file. This however cant currently be set on a per race basis only globally.

the main balancing was to make so its possible to have complete immunity but with only 1 or 2 races at a time rather than all of them, the upkeep was designed to tie up multiple agents to limit this.

in theory, the upkeep could be replaced by assigning a second agent, so you send 2 agents instead of 1

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 10:36

Weird, the SPK files install fine and the ZIP doesn't install/copy the files to the game folder at all. :gruebel:

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 22:54

Bug (?) where successful stolen ware job returned 0: I've sent 3 agents from PHQ to Disruptor missile factory in weaver's tempest, with average risk. PHQ didn't had any missiles in storage (nor set as a ware), and factory was full.

Two I thin failed because status at some point was 'escaping', but one agent went, came back, and I assumed it was a success, but factory didn't deduct any missiles, and while PHQ added the ware, total was 0. My save is modified: using cycrow mods + one where you can board ship with computer component.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 05:53

(non-breaking edge case) Using trade contract works great (used it to get first TOA materials), with an edge case: one of stations disappeared (god engine removal?). Hopefully it doesn't cause stuck endless process for station that's no longer there.

After station disappeared first time, I've placed small ship in each subsequent station. Bonus: it helped me remember which ones had contract, since UI won't tell you.

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 09:47

After converting pirate rep to friendly, many stay hostile for a while including orbital weapon platform. Interestingly, soothe sector relations doesn’t convert them to friendly, including OWP. (This is for sector west of maelstrom)

Agimar
x3ap

Post by Agimar » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 11:07

rudi_pioneer wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 09:47
After converting pirate rep to friendly, many stay hostile for a while including orbital weapon platform. Interestingly, soothe sector relations doesn’t convert them to friendly, including OWP. (This is for sector west of maelstrom)
These OWP are a pain in the a**.

Once they are hostile, there's no valid way to turn them friendly. I tried many different tactics IS/OOS, leaving/entering sector an so on.

But one thing seems to work allways:
- you must be friendly with priates
- you should no visit a sector with an OWP for the first time yourself
- BUT let a remote ship discover the OWP
- it still could be red in the first moment, but should switch to blue after leaving map-view/leaving the sector

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 22. May 23, 18:23

I would like to see tasks to buy/steal ship blueprints.
And how about stealing jump beacon plans from Terra Corp.

Or a task to invest into an NPC station upgrade.

Can you create something similar to the cover identities in X4? (Gained by agents)
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Sat, 30. Sep 23, 05:25

Bug with soothe sector relations - used soothe relations agent in Lasting Vengeance, weapons platform and most ships there are still hostile. Comm-ing ships to apologize also doesn't work. Jump to Lasting Vengeance to see.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/sppstrpx ... qnu1x&dl=0

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”