[MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.15 : 2024-03-31

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

OrionTaltos
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.10 : 2023-07-01

Post by OrionTaltos » Sun, 3. Sep 23, 00:19

The fleet ships are getting all kinds of conflicting commands. Used to they would stick together when on sector defense. Now the M6s are receiving commands independently.

I've watched a few times where one get sent off on its own to fight a group of Strong Arm fighters (it'll even follow them out of the sector). Usually it requires a restart as it dies against the large group. On occasion, another M6 will join it with 'Attack target of ' for the first one. The M2 and M7 just chill and make no moves to assist.

I caught one of those M6s get Resupply Fleet commands (and it has not enough cargo to provide anything for the rest anyway). So this is probably part of the conflict. Somehow the fleet is giving out orders now on its own.

Another smaller fleet doesn't take any sort of actions like this. It is like the fleet hit a certain size and decided to start handling things itself.

I have noticed that there used to be a Fleet Resupply option under Special but it is no longer available now that the Fleet command list is there.
Arrow + Auto-Pillok + SETA = White Knuckle Terror

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sun, 24. Sep 23, 05:49

OrionTaltos wrote:
Sun, 3. Sep 23, 00:19
The fleet ships are getting all kinds of conflicting commands. Used to they would stick together when on sector defense. Now the M6s are receiving commands independently.

I've watched a few times where one get sent off on its own to fight a group of Strong Arm fighters (it'll even follow them out of the sector). Usually it requires a restart as it dies against the large group. On occasion, another M6 will join it with 'Attack target of ' for the first one. The M2 and M7 just chill and make no moves to assist.

I caught one of those M6s get Resupply Fleet commands (and it has not enough cargo to provide anything for the rest anyway). So this is probably part of the conflict. Somehow the fleet is giving out orders now on its own.

Another smaller fleet doesn't take any sort of actions like this. It is like the fleet hit a certain size and decided to start handling things itself.

I have noticed that there used to be a Fleet Resupply option under Special but it is no longer available now that the Fleet command list is there.
Lot's of broken things unfortunately. Cycrow is trying his best to fix what he can. I think he is the only one willing to try at this point to do so.

The resupply stuff from what I can tell is based on role's given out to managed ships. Could be something you have set.

:idea:
Just a suggestion for a future Official/Unofficial Patch update. If you read this Cycrow, ships with turrets/arcs could use an equip all at once option. Specifically for each arc. Especially for Destroyers and Carriers. The command would be like the equip all (shipyard / equipment dock) where you'd have to have enough weapons to cover the whole turret/arc. Or the desired weapons to equip wouldn't show up to equip. Obviously this would only apply under equip all, as they'd still appear for individual equipping. But it would come in handy. When you switch a Pteranodon's Left and Right firing arcs from ISR, to IBL, to PALC a hundred times to suit the need, you'll understand the need clearly. :D I know automatic switching does this if you turn that on, but sometimes you want to use something specific. Also, an all unequip option for each arc as well. This would make it easier to equip what you want, instead of "the game choosing for you" like it does based on what you transfer, "at that time".
:idea:
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

BrigandPhantos77
x4

Post by BrigandPhantos77 » Sat, 7. Oct 23, 23:13

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 17. Jul 23, 13:41
i havn't looked how the script works exactly, but im assuming its just attached to an attacked signal. There are some changes to how that signal works in the unofficial patch, but it shouldn't really stop it from working
Hi Cycrow,

Can you look at the Global Blacklist and in particular the race settings? This does mirror a question I saw in the other forum by another player.

Sample issue: I have set up factories in an Unclaimed Sector next to Unseen Domain (east gate). I have set up a profile named Terrans. The race list has all races hostile to Terran's blocked for trade. However, ships using this profile ignore the race settings and are preferring Paranid stations, and ignoring not only Terran stations, but my stations as well "in system".

Hub is connected with these pairs....

Unseen Domain / Unclaimed (Distant Clouds
Void Alpha / Holy Vision epsilon
Brennan's Triumph / Neptune

Station Buy Range: 9 sector
Sell Range: 0

Issuing command By Ware for Best Price

Station Settings: All races except Terran, ATF, Goner, Teladi, NMMC, TerraCorp are set as enemy, and on the profile, these named ones are listed as Allow. Adding block sector does work, it's just the race setting that does not.

This is a version 1.3 issue. I didn't see it in your patch notes, but if I missed it then I apologize for mentioning it. If you need my save file let me know. I'll upload it and link it here.

** Should be testable anywhere, but here is a save file if you need one> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OLgihU ... sp=sharing
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!
~ Phantos ~

MrKincaid
x3ap

Post by MrKincaid » Mon, 9. Oct 23, 00:16

Hey, I just installed Farnhams Legacy and the unofficial patch. I'm getting a lot of readtext errors, like in my station under headquarters the last entry under "reverse engineer" says "ReadText35-1104786". I get different errors at different spots too and this is in the english and the german version. Is this normal? Is there a fix for it?

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Mon, 9. Oct 23, 00:42

MrKincaid wrote:
Mon, 9. Oct 23, 00:16
Hey, I just installed Farnhams Legacy and the unofficial patch. I'm getting a lot of readtext errors, like in my station under headquarters the last entry under "reverse engineer" says "ReadText35-1104786". I get different errors at different spots too and this is in the english and the german version. Is this normal? Is there a fix for it?
I’m getting read text strings in log when I finish station building missions. Latest patch and mod manager.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 9. Oct 23, 12:22

MrKincaid wrote:
It is not normal no. It suggests that the text file isn't being loaded correctly.

you could try downloading and reinstalling the unofficial patch and see if it fixes it.
Also check that it correct installs the addon2/t/9998-L044 text file

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Tue, 10. Oct 23, 23:43

Possible 1.3.10 bug: dark space installation has mk3 build software but it’s not targetable as dock destination for TL ships. I then tried to use agents to buy/steal that blueprint, and it’s not a possible target for buy/steal equipment either.

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 15:17

Cycrow wrote:
Mon, 9. Oct 23, 12:22
MrKincaid wrote:
It is not normal no. It suggests that the text file isn't being loaded correctly.

you could try downloading and reinstalling the unofficial patch and see if it fixes it.
Also check that it correct installs the addon2/t/9998-L044 text file
Hello same here, i think all is installed correctly, tried with plugin manager and manually, i got this,

https://i.ibb.co/kSC4BgK/x3flup.png

https://i.ibb.co/6BrfC7C/x3flup2.png
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 16. Oct 23, 06:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 17:54

Those texts are from the old plots mod, it looks like the text file for that is missing.

You should try and redownlosd and install the plots mod as well to restore the text file

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:17

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 15. Oct 23, 17:54
Those texts are from the old plots mod, it looks like the text file for that is missing.

You should try and redownlosd and install the plots mod as well to restore the text file
oh, is old plots a prerequisite for the unofficial patch?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:23

No its the other way round. The Old Plots replaces the Custom Start dialog. The image shows the version from the Old Plots.

If you dont have it installed, then try to redownload and install the the unofficial patch to replace the correct files

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:47

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:23
No its the other way round. The Old Plots replaces the Custom Start dialog. The image shows the version from the Old Plots.

If you dont have it installed, then try to redownload and install the the unofficial patch to replace the correct files
then there's something wrong with my installation. I've uninstalled everything, game, unofficial patch, old plots, x-plugin manager, switched back to vanilla.

And when I reinstall everything except the old plots, I get read text errors.

I can't figure out what's going on, something to do with the Windows registry?

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 22:12

well, I don't know why but I'm seeing some strange behavior, I installed the unofficial patch with the plugin manager, I got the errors, I overrode with the zip of the unofficial patch, the errors disappeared, then I uninstalled (removed) the unofficial patch to reinstall it with the plugin manager, I got the read text errors again, if I manually overrode again with the zip, the errors disappeared.

Is it possible that this is due to the .spk? I extracted the .spk files with package explorer and copied them into my game, and now I'm getting read text errors again, even though I don't have old plots installed...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 22:48

That sounds like an issue with the spk file. Have you tried downloading the spk again incase it was corrupt ?

It sounds like some of the files in the spk are either missing ir broken.

I have uploaded a new version just incase it was broken on the server

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 23:08

Maybe the problem is that I'm using Windows 11 and the plugin manager doesn't work properly on my machine, when I install plugin manager it suggests I install vcredist 2005-2022 version 14.32.31332 but this installation fails because I have a more recent version already installed (14.36.32532).

But the plugin manager installation continues anyway.

So I open the program, set my game to modified, install the unofficial patch, the program tells me that everything is installed correctly, and I click on the button to launch the game, but nothing happens. I close the plugin manager, and try to relaunch it, but Windows says that the program is still running. Indeed, I can still see the process in the task manager consuming CPU
Last edited by luminik on Sun, 15. Oct 23, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 23:15

having said that, I kill the process and relaunch plugin manager, I run the game with the newly uploaded spk and I no longer get the errors...

I tried again with the spk I'd downloaded earlier and I get the errors again.

So either the spk was corrupted on my side or on the server, sorry for the inconvenience.

the new .spk is smaller in size, but it no longer causes me any problems

luminik
xr

Post by luminik » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 23:30

in doubt I also re-downloaded the old plots spk, and I also noticed that the newly downloaded file was smaller than the one I had before, maybe I have a dying hard drive?

noxyre
x4

Post by noxyre » Mon, 16. Oct 23, 23:20

I have an issue with "Supply stations" function, and unable to find anything related to it using search. I'm using the latest version of the unofficial patch.

The issue is the following: when I add more than 1 supply station, station manager starts to issue bizarre orders to its ships. For example, if there are Solar Power Plant and Silicon Mine in the supply list, my station manager will send one ship to the Solar Power Plant with an order to buy zero silicon wafers, and one ship to the Silicon Mine to buy zero energy cells. And production halts, because this is obviously impossible - the destination stations don't contain the required resources.

Is this a bug, or maybe I am doing something wrong?

Hwitvlf

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 07:31

There appears to be a bug with Pandora Tunings. They have 2 volume, but can still be transferred to a ship with a full cargohold, causing them to disappear.

Also, Teladi mission to deliver a Vulture Miner will not recognize the ship delivery - probably because its an NMMC ship, Same that happens with some pirate 'deliver ship' missions.

Just mentioning in case it helps :)

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 21:43

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 25. Oct 23, 07:31
There appears to be a bug with Pandora Tunings. They have 2 volume, but can still be transferred to a ship with a full cargohold, causing them to disappear.
Btw, same happens to Jumpdrive Installation Kit. It could be transferred between ships, but if cargo bay is full then it would disappear once moved.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”