[MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.15 : 2024-03-31

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: New Update 1.3.3

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:39

iXenon wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:33
Cycrow wrote:
Fri, 14. Oct 22, 20:12
  • Added Unfocussed Jumpdrive
That's very interesting! What do players can find, using it? In AP or TC there was a chance to find Aran after such a jump, but now Aran is claimable in another way, so I'm curious what we can find now. May be the Terran Xperimental Shuttle or an unattended "unknown object" that's possible to claim? Or additional Quantum Processors and Focus Crystals? I probably should think about switching from 'official' Steam version to this patched one because I like most of improvements that have been done.

And if you don't mind, let me share an idea for that unofficial series of patching. Currently, there is no way to get Jump Beacon without claiming capital ships and losing marines because HephCorp service has been fixed. Now for players that prefer 'peaceful' scenario the chance to get JB is nearly zero. So, if you add the possibility to get it somehow else it would make the game more 'balanced' in that sense. What it could be?
a) Finding a container with JB after unfocused jump
b) Stealing it from UFO
c) Getting this as a reward from Explorers Guild
d) A chance to find it on Goner's 'BrightMarket' (among other 'peaceful' goods :roll: )
e) A chance to find in on the ship that's supposed to be returned
f) One guarantied JB at the very end of the Terran Plot

I play as a Goner and don't like to kill pilots and ships if they don't try to kill me first. And I was trying to find a Rapid Response or a Xenon ship with jump beacon and have scanned dozens of them but no luck. And I'm not a hostile for almost all races, so even if I found such RR ship what would I do to get the JB? Just attack them without any good reason? Thb, I like the dynamic reputation because it makes the game more tricky, but regarding getting jump beacons the game forces you to be a bad guy that I'd prefer to avoid.
currently its the same as TC/AP but without the Aran.

i will add some more stuff to it later though including LFL stuff

Perahoky
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.3 : 2022-10-14

Post by Perahoky » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:13

Hello

Crycrow are you aware of the german ReadText errors/missing text entries in german T file?

I fixed them:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6h7ogw6d164z ... kJlqa?dl=0
I made 2 following edits to the files because the first 2 tries contained serious xml errors. So make sure you download the current file.

Maybe another german speaking person wants to test read them. I can't currently test all entries ingame.

Screenshots (there are more texts but i cant reach them all):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eueo5btzamtsx ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epvzg3xumxt4c ... 1.jpg?dl=0

thank you
cu pera
Last edited by Perahoky on Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:38, edited 4 times in total.
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

alexalsp
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.2 : 2022-09-03

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:19

Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 15:38
alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 01:58
alexalsp wrote:
Mon, 19. Sep 22, 11:11
when I'm docked at any station in the sector, I can't fly out of the sector by pointing to the gate. it is necessary to specify any station, undock and reassign the target to the gate. (autopilot.)

Presumably this problem crept into the file !move.movethroughgate

Please fix.
after line 26

Code: Select all

do if [THIS]-> is docked
= [THIS]-> call script '!move.undock' :
Didn't fix it :(
its already fixed for the next version, i forgot to include it in this one
Great. Thank you. :wink: :thumb_up: :x3:

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:26

Perahoky wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:13
Hello

Edit:
epic fail, i think i just ****** the german t-file xml structure up. missing /page in line 47

Crycrow are you aware of the german ReadText errors/missing text entries in german T file?

I fixed them but i still can't see the fixed texts ingame. is there something else to fix?

Maybe another german speaking person wants to test read them. I can't currently test all entries ingame.

Screenshots (there are more texts but i cant reach them all):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eueo5btzamtsx ... 1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epvzg3xumxt4c ... 1.jpg?dl=0

thank you
cu pera
I think you need to clarify this issue with the author of the previous localization of version 1.3.1, X2-Illuminatus. Versions 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 have new text added and the German files need to be updated.

Perahoky
x4

Post by Perahoky » Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:35

alexalsp wrote:
Sat, 15. Oct 22, 17:26
I think you need to clarify this issue with the author of the previous localization of version 1.3.1, X2-Illuminatus. Versions 1.3.2 and 1.3.1 have new text added and the German files need to be updated.
i already did it.
see my updated post.

My link contains the fixed language XMLs (english too).
I made 2 errors to the xml structure before.
Now its working. ReadText errors are fixed in german. Sorting in sector music list is fixed (english too).

Other German speaking people can test read/edit it.
I'm unaware of any other missing texts at this moment.

cu pera

Edit: i fixed a stupid translation of mine. Capital means main sector means "Hauptsektor" or "Heimatsektor" not Großschiff (capital ship). In terms of sector music, "Großschiff" doesnt make any sense. fail.
"Hope is the last force i have"
"This is how liberty dies, with thounderous applause"
***Modified***

Terraformer33
x3ap

Post by Terraformer33 » Tue, 18. Oct 22, 17:28

Thanks Cycrow for the new patch, the game is getting more and more fascinating :). When will be an official patch :?: .
Greetings.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.3 : 2022-10-18

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 00:47

I've included the German translation (and Russian) for 1.3.3

Hwitvlf

Re: New Update 1.3.3

Post by Hwitvlf » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 00:50

That's very interesting! What do players can find, using it?
Earning extra Exploration Points for UJD sectors would be cool so I didn't have to feel so worried about buying discovery locations. I think Rogey had an unfocused jump drive mod for x3 which made a small chance to spawn ships in an UJD sector. They were hidden and had to be boarded like the Aran so it didn't make the game feel imbalanced as I recall. I think there was also a small chance to find cargo bay upgrades which was nice.

I like your "Getting jump beacon as a reward from Explorers Guild" idea. The exploration point cost would have to be significant to avoid making an exploit because it's too easy to jump around and 'farm' explorer guild spawns. I was considering a playthrough challenge as a 'merchant only', but there's really no peaceful way to get a jump beacon.
Last edited by Hwitvlf on Sat, 12. Nov 22, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 26. Oct 22, 19:45

Here's one more thing for you to look into. If a ship that is homebased runs Trade Distribution for the first time, the ship's homebase will be the first stop on the TD destinations list. The problem with this is it cannot be removed from the list. Although this problem can be worked around by clearing the homebase setting, then running TD, then resetting the homebase, this is rather... annoying.

I can't think of a reason why the homebase should be unremovable in TD. And Replace is not always usable to handle this situation. It can only replace stations, not replace stations with ships, and sometimes the player may want to run TD only between ships.

I would recommend not putting the homebase in the TD destinations by default if the unremovable problem can't be fixed.

Hwitvlf wrote:
Wed, 26. Oct 22, 00:50

I like your "Getting jump beacon as a reward from Explorers Guild" idea. The exploration point cost would have to be significant to avoid making an exploit because it's too easy to jump around and 'farm' explorer guild spawns.
But making the point cost too extreme would make it impossible for most players to acquire. Then, they might as well not exist. Currently, the highest point cost I've seen is the Valhalla plans for over 32 million. How much do you want the JB's cost to be, 100 million?

Then again, play a sandbox game like X long enough, and you can get unlimited quantities of anything, even the things you can't buy.

iXenon

Post by iXenon » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 08:55

Jimmy C wrote:
Wed, 26. Oct 22, 19:45
But making the point cost too extreme would make it impossible for most players to acquire. Then, they might as well not exist. Currently, the highest point cost I've seen is the Valhalla plans for over 32 million. How much do you want the JB's cost to be, 100 million?
Is it possible to collect even 32 M? I saw such offers many times but I had maximum 1M, if I remembered it right. Regarding the price of JB I'd propose Special Discovery x5 price and all 281 sectors visited in person as the prerequisite. It would guarantee that JB will not be get at the beginning of the game (except that single one that will be given at the end of the plot; see list of options above). But, of course, it depends on the patch maker. Cycrow may decide not to listen ideas on forum and has every right to do so.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Thu, 27. Oct 22, 15:49

iXenon wrote:
Thu, 27. Oct 22, 08:55

Is it possible to collect even 32 M?
I've heard some people say they've been able to farm DP as much as they want. But I suspect the only way to do this is to know ahead of time which sectors give extra DP when you visit them. And the only way to do that is to use the console.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.3.4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 6. Nov 22, 16:01

New Update 1.3.4:
  • Fixed move through gate command while docked
  • Fixed disable hq queue message menu display
  • Fixed missing "Select Agent" in script editor (Script Editor)
  • Fixed XML Data handling for integers (Script Editor)
  • Fixed HEPT showing up in Station section (Freight Exchange)
  • Fixed text error in Flight School Tutorial
  • Added patch_global file for adjustable patch settings
  • Added number of marines per boarding pod to patch_global
  • Added "Has Blueprint" to station/ship info
  • Added Save game count statastic
  • Added additional game tips
  • Added Strip Ship option in HQ Docked ship control
  • Added stripping of ship when recycling or reverse engineering
  • Added saving/loading to Custom Start Dialog
  • Added sector/galaxy hotkeys to Owned Ship list menu
  • Added Auto setting for individual races in Global Blacklist
  • Added Global option for disabling station colouring (Graphics Options)
  • Added News count to Encyclopedia sidebar entry
  • Added total ware cost for each ware in barter menu
  • Added Property menu filter: Factories
  • Added Property menu filter: Ships managed by homebase
  • Added External factories/complexes in complex planner
  • Improved extending of existing complexes (Build MK3)
  • Allowed removing homebase in Trade Distrubution Run

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Unoffical Patch : V1.3.4 : 2022-11-06

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 6. Nov 22, 21:01

alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 6. Nov 22, 20:03
RUS LNG 1.3.4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVPD_J ... sp=sharing
Its been added

Hegbork
x4

Post by Hegbork » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 09:54

Something weird I noticed when replacing 1.3.3 with 1.3.4. I had reverse engineering running in the HQ and after upgrading reverse engineering instantly finished (I got the notification) and didn't produce a blueprint. Updating while no reverse engineering is running seems to work fine and blueprints are produced as normal if the reverse engineering was started in 1.3.4.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 8. Nov 22, 19:45

yeah this is an unfortunate side effect of needing to restart the production queues. It'll only happen once, in existing games when the game patches the changes.

the good news is that it also includes a change to make it possible to make changes in the future without having to reset it

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Fri, 11. Nov 22, 20:09

I started the new ATF start, and upon starting the game, I got a Buster instead of a Thor Prototype.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start a new game by picking the ATF Enforcer start.
2. The game will start you in a Buster instead of putting you in a Thor Prototype.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 12:29

Do you have any other mods ?

The buster is the default ship if the selected ship is missing/invalid. Which would suggest its not in the TShips file.
have you checked in game to see if the Thor Prototype is in game, ie via the Cheat Menu?

Hwitvlf

Re: Update 1.3.4

Post by Hwitvlf » Sat, 12. Nov 22, 18:27

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 6. Nov 22, 16:01
[*]Added Strip Ship option in HQ Docked ship control
[*]Added stripping of ship when recycling or reverse engineering
Phenomenal! Thank you all so much for your work!! X3 is finally coming close to the game I wished it was years ago when I started playing it. I think it's one of the few games that deserves the love you guys are pouring into it. :)

I encountered an odd thing in 1.3.3 (no other mods): if I enter my TL, it removes my Unlimited Insurance. Also, the TL's list of items/equipment doesn't fill out properly when transferring to other stations/ships: a Solar XL on board could not be transferred to the HQ, and I can't transfer software to the TL. I think the TL became bugged when I interrupted a complex build and never resumed.

Details:
Spoiler
Show
I was expanding a complex (Build MK3) when the TL was attacked and emergency jumped. The existing complex already had its 'pipes' dismantled. I stopped the build command and resumed it. The TL began to buy and deploy new copies of the stations which were already in my old complex. I cancelled the build and added all the individual existing stations to a new plan which completed flawlessly. I noticed the issues with the TL a short while later; no idea if it's related.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 13. Nov 22, 00:25

I've heard of the issue previously, also with a TL, but I was never able to reproduce it.

In 1.3.4 MK3 no longer breaks up the complex, it just moves it instead

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”