I need some help with Lucike Jump Beacon

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Brinnie
x3tc

I need some help with Lucike Jump Beacon

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 21:46

Hello all.

I was using Lucike Jump Beacon - Sprungboje_X3TC_X3AP_X3FL_V3200 with FL and I am sure it was working fine, after leaving the game for a few months I got back into it and the jump beacon does not work as it did before.

Basically all the prerequisites are there (equipment, navigators, beacons, etc.) but when I choose the command from the navigation menu "Jump to jump beacon" the ships do not use the beacons anymore and if I choose jump to beacon from the next menu, the beacon is not displayed anymore in the list of valid targets, I can only see it on the map.

I don't hold much hope that anybody can help me with this but I can only try.

Cheers.

Brinnie
x3tc

Re: I need some help with Lucike Jump Beacon

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 17:35

Ok, there has been progress so I'll post an update in the unlikely event that somebody might find it useful.

I have just discovered, or remembered, that if I use the commands in the navigation menu that (I believe) belong to the "Jump Buoy" script, my ships will not use any of my beacons.
There are six commands at the end of my nav menu, last one being "Jump to Jump Beacon" and selecting any of these ones will totally disregard the existence of my beacons in the sector chosen for the jump. In fact, as mentioned earlier, selecting Jump to Jump Beacon option will not show any beacon present in sector as a selectable object in list to the right.

On the other hand, selecting the standard navigation commands (the ones numbered 1 to 9) will automatically make use of the beacons if it makes logistical sense and will take the ship directly to the beacon if for instance I select it as the "move to" target object. Also in my nav menu there are 3 other options [JumpSector], [JumpFlyStation] and [JumpFlyPos], which I don't know whether belong to another Lucike script or are vanilla commands, that also use my own beacons as intended.

So a happy ending to this very brief thread.

ps. @Lucike, thank you for your work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 17:46

In FL the jump beacons should work without needing any scripts.

However jump beacons are locked based on your relation to the owner race.

You can also lock your own jump beacons from other races using them

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 7. Feb 23, 21:54

Hi. I use Lucike Jump Beacon script to gain access to them cheaply and easily. Unless I am mistaken in FL there are 2 kinds: a rather expensive bio-degradable one and another one which is a permanent but in the price range of a well equipped M1.

"The Jump Buoys" are so accessible that I use them freely and in abundance, so I am glad they are still working for me.

Cheers.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”