[PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.03 : 2023/12/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

olsch
x3ap

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.80 : 2023/04/30

Post by olsch » Thu, 4. May 23, 13:28

Thank you for the clarification.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.90 : 2023/05/06

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. May 23, 00:47

New Update

V0.90
  • Texted and Fixed plot: AP - Shady Business
  • Added Torus Defence
  • Added jobs for Aldrin
  • Added achievements for plots

Viper020
x4

Post by Viper020 » Sun, 7. May 23, 18:49

I have 2 Goner Temples in Elysium of Light, one operational and one under construction.

And in Heretics End 2 Argon Trading Stations.

Plot Version is 0.90 and startet under 0.50

should that be so?

https://imgur.com/a/EPYVQjl

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:11

no there shouldn't be 2. What plots have you completed ?

i guess it could be due to the War changing sectors around if you are currently on AP

Viper020
x4

Post by Viper020 » Sun, 7. May 23, 21:50

I have only startet the Terran Plot but only the first mission completed.

Game Start was the "Classic Starts - Humble Merchant"

FriendlyFirePhoenix
x3ap

Post by FriendlyFirePhoenix » Sun, 7. May 23, 22:06

@Cycrow

Thank you - It's so awesome you've made this mod. Looking forward to trying it out.

The lack of plots was the one thing keeping me from playing FL. I'm the type of guy that needs an inciting reason to be building a space empire. The sandbox in and of itself just isn't enough. You adding these plots has now supplied that reason.
I made a couple of X3 mods | Colour By Race | True Relations

atsjewell
x3ap

Post by atsjewell » Mon, 8. May 23, 04:06

I updated this mod this afternoon from 0.70 to 0.90 using the Plugin Manager.
I closed the Plugin Manager after updating, but now everytime I resume my game I get the warning "It appears the Plugin Manager hasn't been closed properly". I see this everytime now including after system reboots.
Furthermore, I suddenly have the "Unfocused Jumpdrive" in my ship's inventory despite never even starting the Goner Plot quest. I'm so early into my current game I haven't even found any of the Goner systems yet as I only just completed the Main Farnham's Legend plot.

[EDIT] - I opened an earlier save just before the HUB is reconnected and noticed that the UFJD is added to the ship once that quest is completed... I'm assuming it was this mod or the unofficial patch that added it as a reward? It is was, may I suggest making this a configurable option as I would rather have earned the UFJD as a separate challenge. Thank you.

Xeiki

Post by Xeiki » Wed, 10. May 23, 09:14

Reporting on my experiences with the plots so far (in rough order of completion, from memory), done on versions 0.7 & 0.8, with one of the FL Sandbox starts (Paranid Exellency):

-Goner Plot: worked without issue
-Final Fury: worked without issue
-FL Terran Plot: worked without issue
-FL Bridge Plot: worked without issue. May I suggest a second option for those who choose commonwealth? The way it is it feels a bit weird to
Spoiler
Show
go from fighting the Terrans to enlisting with them. For the Commonwealth version, talking to the previous Commonwealth questgiver who suggest "keeping an eye on the Terrans" or something would probably fit better role-playing wise.
-TC Terran Plot: One issue: Aldrin stations stayed hostile after Matako made contact; had to use the diplomatic interaction to pacify the sector.
-A New Home Plot: worked without issue - just didn't buy the sector yet, since I'm lacking the money.

-Treasure hunt: I got the message about the missing Argon ship, but I haven't found the quest start yet; I'll go looking for it, now that I updated to 0.9
-Aldrin Plot: did not start yet, despite pre-requisites (Goner Plot, Terran Plot, Final Fury, access to the Hub) being fulfilled. I spent at least one ingame day, maybe more, doing the New Home plot. Still nothing. I suppose the condition of having advanced the Hub Plot is missing since that plot isn't available in this start.

I also did not get the AP bridge mission yet - not sure if I was supposed to. Can't say anything about the plots which start after the Aldrin plot, either, for obvious reasons.

Working pretty great so far!

Edit: Okay, found the Treasure Hunt plot! But ...
Spoiler
Show
Was it really necessary to make the Asteroid you need to destroy a 55 yield Nividium asteroid? ;___; Oh the mine I could have had there ...

Edit 2: Well, and while Hint 1 was updated, Hint 2 wasn't - sector coordiantes 4,3 don't land you at Bala Gi's joy, at least when counting from Kingdom End Alpha; you get pointed to Atreus' Clouds instead.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. May 23, 21:37

The requirements for the Aldrin Plot, is TC Plot, Kha'ak and Goner all complete. 100 notoriety with Terran (rank 3) and you need access to the Hub.

The AP Bridge mission will unlock after the Aldrin plot, it needs both the TC and Aldrin plots complete

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. May 23, 21:38

Download updated with German and Russian translations

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Wed, 10. May 23, 22:55

Some issues / Questions:
1. The AP Starts still have some missing texts in the German Version (Teladi and Paranid starts):
https://imgur.com/XywM9JR

2. When starting a custom game, there are options for the HQ and the Hub. Do they influence the availability of Plots? Like when I set the HQ-option to "no" there will never be a HQ in the game? Or does this enable one of the HQ plots? (same question for the Hub)
And if I set the Terrans to enabled, will there still be the FL-Terrans mission?

Thanks again.

N8M4R3
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by N8M4R3 » Wed, 10. May 23, 23:35

olsch wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 22:55
Some issues / Questions:
1. The AP Starts still have some missing texts in the German Version (Teladi and Paranid starts):
https://imgur.com/XywM9JR
Thanks for information, i missed to update one file
Neue Erweiterung für X3 verfügbar: Farnham's Legacy | +Optional: weitere Verbesserungen im inoffiziellen Patch v1.3.14 *** Modified*** :khaak: :thumb_up:
Diese Woche im Angebot: HUD-GUI-Mix (FL) | Text-DB 0001-L049 (FL) | Textkorrekturen & Verbesserungen (FL)
Weitere Veröffentlichungen hier: N8workX
Nützliches Tool für nicht mehr vorhandene Downloads: web.archive.org
Externes Archiv für MOD/SCR Ressourcen: xdownloads.co.uk | code.google.com/archive/p/x3tcscripts/

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 23, 02:34

Currently the custom start will follow the FL path, meaning the Hub and HQ will be found the same as other FL starts.

I do plan to adjust it where you can choose which HQ and Hub plot you want to do

Xeiki

Post by Xeiki » Thu, 11. May 23, 02:48

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 10. May 23, 21:37
The requirements for the Aldrin Plot, is TC Plot, Kha'ak and Goner all complete. 100 notoriety with Terran (rank 3) and you need access to the Hub.

The AP Bridge mission will unlock after the Aldrin plot, it needs both the TC and Aldrin plots complete
Makes sense with the bridge mission!

Reg. Aldrin plot: hm, then I guess I should have gotten the ingame-message to start the plot by now. TC Plot is complete (Congratulations at the Torus), Khaak (FInal Fury) is complete (got the Congratulations screen as well), and Goner plot was the first questline I did (I think there was a congrats ... or was there? I'll try and check). I'm currently Rank 5 or so with the Terrans, and I found the Hub before even starting the FL plot.

Is there a way to check which triggers/variables have been set in the game?

Edit: Oookay, decided to go to Elysium of Light and check if I missed something, and - not only do I have two Goner Temples already, I *also* have the option to start the Goner quest again. At least theoretically; the mission briefing is empty, and no quest actually starts when I talk to Osamu Avens. I guess something got messed up due to updating the mod halfway through through the playthrough. Is there a way to use console commands/the script editor to manually mark the quests as completed?

Edit2: Come to think of it, I was never gifted the Truelight Seeker either, so I guess something *was* bugged all along.

>I plan to adjust it to where you can choose the Hub/HQ plot
Oh, that's neat! Will we be getting different HQs depending on which plot we do?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 23, 12:35

It sounds like maybe an issue with the goner plot, did you also get the unfocused jumpdrive ?

If you send me your save game I can take a look

Xeiki

Post by Xeiki » Thu, 11. May 23, 19:06

Thank you very much! ^_^

Google Drive Link
(Hope Google Drive is okay. No clue why it shows wrong creation date and filesize; the download works fine and is the correct size of 28,7 mb.)

I did get the UFJD - I was able to do the A New Home missions (where you have to UFJD-jump to Freedom's reach), so it seems to work as well. I don't think I got the Ozias/Truelight Seeker when completing the Goner plot (not sure if I was supposed to). As you can see in the save file, there's a second Goner temple there, which appeared when doing the Goner quest. For troubleshooting: there's still a quest icon there in the save, but if you try and start the quest, nothing happens.

I hope this'll be helpful to you, too - if it turns out that it's a problem caused by the mod, not something broken in the Goner plot.

Edit: Oh, and the complete list of mods I installed (all of them created by you):

Unofficial Patch 1.3.6
Old Plots 0.90 (updated from 0.7 onwards whenever you posted a new update)

Community Plugin Configurator 1.60
Hotkey Manager 1.21
Ware Manager 1.20

Automatic Ship Renamer 1.00
Deployable Weapons Platform 1.01
Diplomacy Extension 1.00
Trading System Extension MK2 1.00

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 23, 22:14

Looks like the Goner plot was partially reset.

this should be fixed in the next version, and the Aldrin plot should start after 5mins

olsch
x3ap

Post by olsch » Thu, 11. May 23, 22:58

Just out of curiosity: When does the Goner temple turn into the Version we know from vanilla FL? (So I can buy the salvage insurance there)
Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 11. May 23, 02:34
Currently the custom start will follow the FL path, meaning the Hub and HQ will be found the same as other FL starts.

I do plan to adjust it where you can choose which HQ and Hub plot you want to do
This sounds great. Then I could choose to have an HQ from the start, but earn the Hub the hard way. Nice

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. May 23, 23:21

all the wares should get added to the temple once the Goner plot is complete
this includes the new salvage insurance

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”