[PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.03 : 2023/12/03

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

Kondor91
x4

Re: [PLOT] TC/AP Plots for FL : v1.01 : 2023/07/04

Post by Kondor91 » Mon, 4. Sep 23, 12:47

Ahhhh, I see. Everything is clear now. Thanks a lot!

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 02:13

Feature request: dialog or cheat option that sets universe in post quest state. I’d love few of older sectors added (aldrin!) but don’t care much for old plots.

Efirial

Post by Efirial » Mon, 25. Sep 23, 21:12

Hello
Start with FL
I finished the FL storyline, finished the mission to connect with the terran sectors. I I received a message with missing argon ship from a treasure hunter mission and completed it. How can i start the FL - TC bridge mission, and other storyline? I dont understand....
No bluebook in Omicron Lyrae Alfa, and cant find the terran spy plot (or was it a mission to connect with terran sectors) Check the every message with explorer guild..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 00:13

if you havn't done the Terran Spy Plot, how did you unlock the Terran Sectors?

The Terran Spy Plot is the way to unlock Terran sectors.

The TC bridge mission should be found in Elena's Fortune.

Efirial

Post by Efirial » Wed, 27. Sep 23, 06:47

Cycrow wrote:
Wed, 27. Sep 23, 00:13
if you havn't done the Terran Spy Plot, how did you unlock the Terran Sectors?

The Terran Spy Plot is the way to unlock Terran sectors.
I misunderstood the description. It means I finished the spy plot mission. (unlock Terran sectors.)
but Elena’s fortune no longer has any mission. neither alpha nor beta( Bridge mission)

Efirial

Post by Efirial » Thu, 28. Sep 23, 05:40

I'll try to start from a different start, Expanded Sandbox, complet the Terran Spy Plot, and see what happens next...

UPD:
It works...
After the defeating against the Terran in the Spy Plot mission, i recieved the message from, Delayhla, bluebook in Elenas Fortune, and Exterminator in Omicron Lyrae.

After which mission will I get access to the xenon hub? (Expanded Sandbox start)

Hmmm.... just docked and claim.... im stupid...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 29. Sep 23, 17:53

I believe this is an issue with custom start without the Terran Spy plot, when starting in the FL state.
the link mission needs the plot complete, but doesn't recognize if you complete it via the custom start.

this should be fixed in the next version of the Unofficial patch

Random_Tank
x3tc

Post by Random_Tank » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 19:04

I've found some issues with NPC's rebuilding stations, or just building them when they shouldn't exist yet. My current save is a TC start, so the Goner Temple isn't built yet, but after a while I've found that the NPC's have built one (while the unbuilt one is still there also), and there is now a Goner Supply Ozias in Elysium of Light (probably the one who built it)... can this be prevented? I also feel like the Goner wharf shouldn't show up until the temple is built at least.
I also have a situation where terrans continually build more of the Argon Stations in Heretic's End, even though they already exist; I now have 2 trading docks, 2 cattle ranches, 2 wheats farms and 3 solar power plant XLs (and I've tried deleting some with the cheat package before, they just build them again and again). Let me know what I need to provide to help.

Also, a request: I'd really love to have the missing sectors back from TC/AP, mainly the ones around the core sectors like red light/ringo moon/Antigone and spaceweed drift/profit share, but I also miss that useful shortcut for traders through Avarice, and Clarity's End, with the Unknown Sector next to it would be great for claiming (as Clarity's had the shortcut up to hatikvah's, would be great if you're playing a pirate). FL really feels like the quintessential version of X3 with all the QoL changes and additions, so going back to AP for just the map feels off, if this mod or a separate one could add these back it would be really great.

Finally; I feel Split/Argon relations should be neutral for at least TC and maybe later, as they did work together on creasting the Mass Driver, they work together in Final Fury, and Strong Arms make the PBC, a weapon only really used on Argon ships. Just weird to see the Argon Military nailing all the Strong Arms traders and the like when they're sometimes selling weapons to the Argon...
Spoiler
Show
EDIT: I've encountered a major bug during the Goner plot when you have to rescue Jani Hall from the pirate base in Gaian Star; when the game spawns him as an astronaut, it seems to fail to obtain his details, and just spawns a generic Goner astro, which does not fulfill the plot requirements and causes it to hang seemily indefinitely. Can't find a way to fix it with the cheat package. I'm assuming this is only a problem for my game and not a reocurring issue, but is there a way for me to solve it?
Okay managed to fix this; tried a fresh save from the start, forced my way through the plot to the same point with cheat package (fortunately the Goner plot is available from the start!), it worked as normal, went back to old save and then that one also now works. Weird. The other bugs are still present but haven't progressed any further yet.

Dr.Heisenberg
x4

Post by Dr.Heisenberg » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 02:48

Started the Goner mission in the sandbox. I was given a mission to follow to the Bright Profit sector, but it is missing in FL. The homing doesn't work and the sector itself is listed as Sector 21-10. At these coordinates is the Grand Exchange sector. Now I can not pass the Goner mission. How can this be fixed?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 11:25

The sector should be added by the universe patch. Are the other sectors there, like Aldrin?
what game start did you use?

Dr.Heisenberg
x4

Post by Dr.Heisenberg » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 16:28

I later tried other TC and FL starts (after completing the FL mission) and in all cases the Goner mission stopped in the same place. The Aldrin sector appeared in all of these starts. The Bright Profit sector should appear right at the start, am I correct?

P.S. I don't know about modding, but maybe the error is due to a Linux file system feature. The Linux file system is case sensitive. For example, "t" and "T" are two different directories. I have already had to correct directory names manually after installing scripts via PluginManager. "Scripts" to "scripts" etc.
Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know how scripts are organized inside. :)
Last edited by Dr.Heisenberg on Tue, 24. Oct 23, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 16:49

It should be there at the start yeah, connected to Tears of Greed.

You could check to see if the gate is there also

Dr.Heisenberg
x4

Post by Dr.Heisenberg » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 16:59

There is no gate at Aldrin. There's nothing there at all. :) The Unknown Enemy Sector is also completely empty.
The gate is also missing in Heretics End and Tears of Greed.

UPD. I reinstalled the game and only installed the TC/AP plot script. All the missing sectors and gates have reappeared. The problem turned out to be a conflict with some other scripts.
Once again, thank you very much for your work and answers to my questions.

UPD2. I found at least one mod that conflicts with TC\AP Plots for FL. It may be useful for someone: it is Color Dynamic Map v.1.3

Dr.Heisenberg
x4

Post by Dr.Heisenberg » Wed, 25. Oct 23, 22:09

Betelgeuse97 wrote:
Mon, 4. Sep 23, 08:02
DonOctavioDelFlores wrote:
Sun, 13. Aug 23, 13:23
The Captain wrote:
Sat, 29. Jul 23, 05:18
I ran into a problem on a new game with the most up to date versions of both the unofficial patch and the Old Plots fake patch

Savegame - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xb3rZm ... drive_link

I was able to do most of the Goner plot, but when I finally arrived in the pirate system after tracking the ship, I picked up the astronaut that jumped from the pirate station, and nothing happened. The mission is still active and directing me to Gaian Star, but when I fly into the sector there is nothing but the pirates and their stock exchange. Also, the Truelight Seeker is in my possession, so I'm not sure if I was meant to get that mid way through the plot or at the end?

I do have a few mods running as well:

Cheat collection package - Cycrow
MW Hijacker - Maileweaver
NPC Bailing Addon - Thisisharsh
Salvage Claim Software - Cycrow

Old Plots - Cycrow
Unofficial Patch - Cycrow

Community Plugin COnfiguration - Cycrow
Cycrow Libraries - Cycrow
Hotkey Manager - Cycrow
JSON Parser Library - ThisiIsHarsh
Ware Manager - Cycrow
Same issue. The astronaut that the base spawns is just a generic goner astronaut, and not 'actor.name@L2M03.Hall'.

Save, just before the cutscene.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNypoV ... sp=sharing
Can confirm the same issue on my end. I'm playing with these mods:
- Unofficial patch v1.3.10
- Old plots v1.01
- FLXRM
- Salvage Claim Software
Here I am facing this problem. I never saw a solution. Is there any way to fix it?

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Tue, 31. Oct 23, 15:06

Are the files in the folder OldPlots-V1.01-07/04/2023_X3FL\addon2\Director needed if the player continues a game that has already started?
For a new game, can they be packaged in cat/dat?
Last edited by Deniskos on Tue, 31. Oct 23, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Oct 23, 15:10

Yes the files are needed. Only files in mdfiles.txt will be read from the cat/dat files.

I didn't add the plot files in there to improve compatability with other mods that might edit mdfiles

If you want them in the cat files you will also have to add them to mdfiles (otherwise they are just ignored)

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Sat, 4. Nov 23, 19:57

Great mod, I would probably not have considered playing with FL without it.

We have now moved FL to before TC, so X3FlTcAp is basically X3TC with FL tacked on before, AP after and with new the FL mechanics. The HUB plot has already been done by someone else who mysteriously disappeared. Since you could always do the HUB before the rest of the TC plots that seems fine.

Anyway, I sometimes see texts that feel wrong given the changed game state. Is this something that we need to fix? For example
Terran Spy
As a survivor of the attack on the Torus, you are sent deep behind enemy lines to monitor and collect useful information.
Disguised as a peaceful trader, your real motives are far from harmonious.
The bit before the first comma can be snipped. The torus attack has not happened yet.

Edit: IMHO, 'Find HUB' and 'Find HQ' should be described as two separate plots that are in the FL game starts that you are not given the HUB or HQ. It would make stuff clearer.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Wed, 8. Nov 23, 10:39

Goner mission.

The missions are labelled 'Argon', but you get Goner reputation for completing. Not sure which bit is correct but the combination has to be wrong.

When I do the get three transporters mission, I get.

Ship class: lookuptype.class@param@Typename
ship: param@Typename

I started a new game, using a custom start this time. Same issue.
Last edited by Tharrg on Fri, 10. Nov 23, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Wed, 8. Nov 23, 20:45

Custom game settings, this is what I think they mean. Could someone check?

Add Satellites:
No - what you would expect.
Yes - (Not sure why we want to put satellites throughout the galaxy - maybe for debugging) Maybe some trick where you can find out where the HQ and HUB are?

HQ:
Findable - same as challenging sandbox starts.
Same sector - same as Expanded sandbox start.
Random - ?? Is this the same as Findable? Or does findable eliminate sectors for which you need an unfocused jump drive (guessing).
(Edit: My tests indicate Random means the same random sector as you are starting in. In other words in the start sector.)
N0 - I guess no HQ, ever.

Hub:
Yes. I assume this means it is placed randomly, as in sandbox starts.
No. No way to ever get the HUB.

Terran.
Mission - I assume this is equivalent to an FL start. You need to get a TL and discovery and do Terran spy plot to activate Terrans.
Yes - Same as the TC starts, with Terrans already unlocked. What about the HUB plot?
No - Terrans are permanently locked out of the game :(

darthdev
x4

Re: [BETA] TC/AP Plots for FL : v0.99 : 2023/05/21

Post by darthdev » Sat, 18. Nov 23, 19:50

Cycrow wrote:
Sun, 21. May 23, 10:39
New Update: 0.99
  • Added options in custom start for universe state and HUB/HQ plot selection
Starting custom game with 1.01 and UP 1.3.12 does not longer offer such options for me.
Installing 0.99 with UP 1.3.8 (the one at that point in time) properly shows the universe and plots state selections.
Thanks a lot for continuing developing this awesome game.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”