Global variable config mod, and dyn relation positive only

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

rudi_pioneer
x4

Global variable config mod, and dyn relation positive only

Post by rudi_pioneer » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 10:08

Wanted to check about creating global variable config mod, using No Dynamic Relations as an example, but package explorer shows file as empty. Is there something special about this?

In related area, are there global settings that would let dynamic reputation work but only in positive cases? I want to try with dynamic rep on but where reputation can't drop below 0. based on https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... es+Changes, I think that should be done with:

SG_DYNRACE_MIN_CAP = 0

but I'm fuzzy on what "The minimum of notoriety needed before dynamic relations start" - if that means that if notoriety under 0 means that race is exempt from dynamic reputation, that would probably be what I'm looking for! Not sure if rep drop under 0 for first time will do full subtraction, or cap it at 0.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Global variable config mod, and dyn relation positive only

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 11:26

The package explorer shows the file is empty is because it contains no files, and the package explorer only shows the files.

you need to use the Package Creator, which contains all the settings. One of the tabs is for globals.

When you are below the min cap, then dynamic rep doesn't trigger, so if you set it to 0, then anything lower than 0 will be except
0 being neutral

rudi_pioneer
x4

Post by rudi_pioneer » Fri, 6. Oct 23, 05:06

Cycrow wrote:
Thu, 5. Oct 23, 11:26
When you are below the min cap, then dynamic rep doesn't trigger, so if you set it to 0, then anything lower than 0 will be except
0 being neutral
Aha, does that mean that if it's below 0 it won't trigger dynamic reputation effect on others, but it can still go lower than 0 for that faction?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Oct 23, 12:11

Yes it only effects the dynamic relations, not a notoriety cap.

So if a race is below that number you can gain rank with them without effecting other races

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”