[SCRIPT] Claim and Conquer

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Farnham's Legacy

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

DragonOfWar

[SCRIPT] Claim and Conquer

Post by DragonOfWar » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 16:30

These scripts will do what the name says, it will allow you to claim sectors for yourself or conquer for some npc race. It is actually a work upon Joubarbe's script "Consequences of Stations Destruction", which even though quite simple gave me inspiration. See the list below for more info...
  • You can unclaim sectors by destroying all stations and defense platforms within sector, you do not need to destroy shipyards and there is no need to destroy trade docks not owned by sector owner too. The script is not counting player's stations anymore as long as sector is not owned by the player, it also not misfire upon unknown or unclaimed sectors.
  • After unclaiming sectors with shipyards within, shipyard will become neutral and undockable till sector claimed by some other npc race. Should shipyard be claimed by other race which differ form its previous race it will be used as usual, but AI will still rebuild its races specific ships and rep race requirment will change (means you can, for example, conquer split sector with shipyard for borons and buy those split ships from such shipyard afterward using boron rep).
  • You can claim sectors which don't have any stations within or if none of those stations owned by sector owner. To do so you need to build trade dock within such a sector, it will affect your reputation though.
  • The npc will claim sector should it build or rebuild dock within unclaimed sector. Should you build any station within unclaimed sector by hired TL and there is a dock of that TL owner within sector, but no player docks, that sector ownership will change to TL owner.
  • You can claim unclaimed sectors with other race's docks within. There is no reason to ruin rep with someone, who doesn't even want such a sector, right? :wink:
    Same thing, you need to build a trade dock.
  • Stations destroyed not within core sectors will not be rebuild by npc, the only exceptions are Pirate Docks and Shipyards. However, you still can disable stations rebuild within core sectors by unclaiming sectors, caz it will no longer be cored after this.
  • The script is recognizing the change of ownership now, so should you have some means to take ower stations, it will affect sector ownership too.
  • You can turn unknown sectors into unclaimed by building satellite and any kind of station within. It requires 25000 research points though. Should sector have Pirate dock with enemy relation towards you or other npc race dock with any type of relation towards you, sector will not become unclaimed.
  • You can claim sectors for your race and be rewarded for such action (money and rep or research points instead of money for Goner, amount depends on your rep or station type). To do this, you need to have an appropriate race, hold that races police license, build appropriate trade dock by that races hired TL, there are exceptions though (see below). Sector should be free of player stations.
1. Yaki, pirate and duke races do not require for you to have the same race.
2. Yaki do not need police license as there is none, but you need to have rep around 7 and not be of pirate or duke race.
3. Duke needs police license of pirates and paranid.
4. You can use pirate TL for Duke, Argon TL for TerraCorp, Argon or Goner TL for Goner, Earth TL for Dark space.
5. Yaki, Pirate races use pirate dock or anarchy port instead of trade docks. Duke use paranid trade dock or anarhy port. Goner use argon trade dock or temple.
6. For Earth and Dark space you need to build 3 earth type stations within unclaimed sector.
7. Your race can be AOG or Earth for Earth. Sectors will only be claimed by Earth no AOG sectors.
  • Upon claiming sector for a chosen race, built station will have appropriate goods, be protected by lasers and a small fleet of M3&M4 ships will be spawned near closest gate, the fleet for a sector with shipyard will be a little bit bigger though. For Earth amount of lasers for stations depends on produced goods, the higher the cost the better protection station will receive.
  • NPC owned sectors can be cored upon building a station within a sector (by npc or player) which has 13 or more stations or 6 for sectors connected to main sector or core sectors on the way to main sector(there shouldn't be military outpost close by, otherwise more than 13 stations for those).
  • Civil ships will change race appropriatly in conquered sectors upon being attacked, for player owned sectors civil ships will change race to player race, but only if player doesn't have negative relations with that race.(player starting race)
  • The script will update sectors colouring upon entering sectors or docking within should it differ, can be used with or without FriendlyFirePhoenix's Colour By Race mod (I am using it at the same time with mine to proper update sectors colouring). By default there is no colour, you can change settings within lib.getracecolour and lib.getracecolour.core for cored sectors. Zip file has DEFAULT_ and ALTERNATIVE_ files which are not used till you delete originals and renamed those by removing DEFAULT_ or ALTERNATIVE_. DEFAULT_ is for FriendlyFirePhoenix's mod's default settings and ALTERNATIVE_ is the one i am personally using.

You will need at least unofficial patch 1.3.12 for scripts to work, will work with higher versions. Can be installed by plugin manager or by unzipping within addon2 folder of your game.

MediaFire link - 21.01 fixed issues with station rebuild disabling P.S English is not my native language.
P.S.S It is my second attempt at scripting for this game, I am actually a 3D CG artist. So i am open to critisicm and advices.
P.S.S.S It works perfectly fine though.
P.S.S.S.S Should you want to use only "colour sectors" part of this mod for some reason, you will need to delete all but lib.getracecolour, lib.getracecolour.core, signal.colour and setup.csd.colour.
Last edited by DragonOfWar on Sun, 21. Jan 24, 00:30, edited 2 times in total.

DragonOfWar

Re: [SCRIPT] Claim and Conquer

Post by DragonOfWar » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 19:48

Forget to mention... Those docks or stations you build for npc race to claim sectors will give quests as usual, you will also receive quests from other sectors for the new one, including "build station" quests. This means, that with time you will be able to populate new sectors.

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 21:15

Sounds fun but will it work with guilds?
Scripts I use.

DragonOfWar

Post by DragonOfWar » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 21:49

lLongshanks wrote:
Tue, 16. Jan 24, 21:15
Sounds fun but will it work with guilds?
The thing is just a script, it should work as long as Cycrow doesn't implement his own way for unclaiming sectors. I am personally playing 1.3.13 without Guilds.

DragonOfWar

Post by DragonOfWar » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 00:34

Updated the section of the script for disabling station rebuilding as i think it was somehow intefering with cheats menu for stations destruction. Used new commands from 1.3.12, will only work with this version or higher from now on.

Inf

Post by Inf » Sun, 25. Feb 24, 23:19

Hello there, its my first time "modding" the game, so i am still a little bit confused. I have the unofficial patch and it works. But claim and conquer doesnt work for me. Do i have to activate it somewhere or is it instantly active? I just copied the files, not using any extra software, just like with the patch.
I am in Moo kye's revenge and there is no station aside a teladi one. The sector is a pirate one. So if i undersood correctly i have to build a trade dock and can then claim the sector. But that doesn't work.

Now i moved to Mi Ton's refuge and tried to destroy the pirate stations there but they keep staying at 93% hull. They are indestructable. What's the solution for that?

lLongshanks
x3tc

Post by lLongshanks » Mon, 26. Feb 24, 11:04

It does not seem to work in pirate sectors.

However I have used it to take over Rhy's Crusade and now split spawn in elephants, laser towers and random stations every 10 mins or so. I did give the sector the boron so I could use the shipyard there and it all worked fine for a while. Then Split spawned in a trading dock and took back control despite the Boron station still being there.
Scripts I use.

DragonOfWar

Post by DragonOfWar » Thu, 29. Feb 24, 14:43

Sorry guys, stopped playing X3 for some time and forgot about my modding atttempt for this game.
@Inf You need to unzip files in appropriate folder or use pluginmanager to install.
@ILongshanks Seems like some existing scripts working in predetermined way. I didn't have this issue, but i mostly used cheats menu to test and it worked perfectly fine. :|
Think, the cause is that i didn't disabled rebuilding for core sectors and while playing i never took core sector from races. Will see what i can do.

ctw619
x4

Post by ctw619 » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 11:08

its not work for me, i built trade station, or used cheat for change the NPC station to me,but nothing happened.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy - Scripts and Modding”