Searching for X2BC IDE

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Searching for X2BC IDE

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Mon, 8. Aug 22, 11:59

Hi all, I'm looking for the X2 IDE
If anyone has it please give me a link or anything to give me, thanks.
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Zeron-mk7
x3

Re: Searching for X2BC IDE

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Thu, 11. Aug 22, 09:44

Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 11:59
I'm looking for the X2 IDE
I never used it :o , I used simply command line, using command line are very easy, I using X2BC many years.
If you need help or instruction, how to used it, I can help, at the moment, I not too often modding X2, but sometimes I still working on something for :x2: .

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Fri, 12. Aug 22, 11:34

Zeron-mk7 wrote:
Thu, 11. Aug 22, 09:44
Jimmyjamjohnson42 wrote:
Mon, 8. Aug 22, 11:59
I'm looking for the X2 IDE
I never used it :o , I used simply command line, using command line are very easy, I using X2BC many years.
If you need help or instruction, how to used it, I can help, at the moment, I not too often modding X2, but sometimes I still working on something for :x2: .
I'll admit, the command line does seem a bit daunting but ill try it out.
What are some of the basic things i need to know?
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Sat, 13. Aug 22, 11:47

3D visual X2 modding are very easy, you just need to understand some basic things, then you can easily modified/edited/create new 3D content for X2.
As example, add into the game totally new ship 3D model (textured model with X2 textures) take about 2 minutes, when you know all modding basics things.
If you want to modding 3D - visual part of game, first you need to unpacking the game.

1) You need to unpacked all game .CAT, .DAT catalog files (01. cat, 01.dat, 02.cat, 02.dat, .... 05.cat, 05.dat), you need X2 or X3 Mod Manager.
Unpacking all game files into the other location - not into the X2 game location.
You need to extract all files from all catalogs (01.cat, 02.cat ...) - use option "extract all catalog", also select options - "Decompress compressed files during extraction" and - "Preserve file patchs" in the Mod manager.

2) After that you will need X2BC to decompressed scene files (from cut folder) from .BOB files to .BOD files.
Install/unpacked "X2 BOD Compiler 1.0.13.1" - into the location - "C:\X2BC".
Then just copy "decompressed all bob to bod.bat" file into the folder, where are .BOB files (probably copy into the "cut" folder) and run it, BAT file will automaticly decompressed all .BOB files into the .BOD files, who are in that folder - you can found it here For X2BC.
Or you can create it yourself .BAT file and copy this text in it:

Code: Select all

for /R %%f in (*.bob) do c:\x2bc\x2bc -d --silent "%%f" "%%~pf%%~nf.bod"
3) Ship scene files must be into the .BOB format, therefore, after you edit/modified or create new ship scene, you must convert it form .BOD format to .BOB format.
You can easy convert any .BOD format file into the .BOB format, you need to open "Command Prompt" application into the Windows OS, and paste this text:

Code: Select all

C:\X2BC\X2BC -c --cut C:\X2BC\04169.bod
04169.bod your scene number, who will be compressed to 04169.BOB, also your scene file 04169.bod must be copied into the X2BC folder (C:\X2BC), 04169 for example Argon Discoverer ship scene.
When you add files into the mod, like 3D parts, then select always into the Mod manager option - "always compress", but if you add scene files in .BOB format, they don't need to compress, then must select option - "never compress".

4) Also you need to use X2 Editor and read X²: The Threat Modder Kit (Rev. 1.4), there are important information about game 3D visual modding knowledge.

5) You will need also 3D Models and Stats Viewer to see all 3D parts, scenes, ships, stations from the game.

If you want to try 3D modding, then you will need 3DS MAX software, I use "Autodesk 3ds Max 2010", early or newest versions also can using and DBOX 2.

It's not all basic things who need to know, there are more things need to know, but if you really want to start modding X2, then I can help with it, in the last 10 years, I was modding almost all visual parts of game, I have huge experience in X2 3D modding.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”