Does anyone have a copy of the XaiCorp Auto Mining script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Does anyone have a copy of the XaiCorp Auto Mining script?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 04:05

Hey,

As per the titles, I'm looking for the XaiCorp Auto Mining script for X2. I searched XDownloads, but that incorrectly has the later X3 version in X2 Downloads. I've even tried the Wayback machine to get an old archive of the original Xai Corp site, but many pages are missing - basically, everything past Page 1 of the downloads section.

If anyone has a copy of this - I think 2.4 was the latest for X2 - I'd appreciate it. Doubt many are still playing X2 The Threat in 2022 though!

I'm gutted as I had a full archive of basically every script I ever used or created for X2, backed up to a RAID array. I got to snag the files one day - not that long ago - and all the folders were EMPTY! Argh! lol.

Edit: I have found archives of several versions of the Auto Miner, however, while I can download the archives they're ALL corrupted and not recognised as archives by 7z or WinZip. Every. Single. File is like this. I cannot believe these were corrupt at the time the site was live, so the Wayback machine evidently isn't very good at saving valid data. Dunno what else I can do. I looked through loads of different scrapes of the site, from 2004 through to 2021 and whenever I find the file, it's corrupted.

Scoob
x4

Re: Does anyone have a copy of the XaiCorp Auto Mining script?

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 15:37

You know, I've put it a fair bit of effort to try to get this file with no luck. I read that The Wayback Machine was actually corrupting .zip files by stripping trailing zeros. I found some code to fix this, but had to install Perl first and write a script. I did this, no luck, archive still corrupted. So, I went another route, I decided to Edit the file in 7z - yet, 7z allows you to just edit the raw data as if it's a text file - I thought perhaps I could identify the issue that way. What do I find? Well, all those various Zip files I downloaded reporting to be various Autominer Script versions ARE corrupted, but corrupted by a tonne of text the wayback machine adds to the start and end of the archive - totally breaking it. Literally, EVERYTHING is corrupted by The Wayback machine *changing* the data from what it says it is. I thought I had found a solution, but nope.

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 16:26

Scoob wrote:
Wed, 19. Oct 22, 04:05
I'm looking for the XaiCorp Auto Mining script for X2. I searched XDownloads, but that incorrectly has the later X3 version in X2 Downloads.
I also tried to found this script everywhere, but no success, I can't find anywhere this script :( .
You are correct, into the website xdownloads.co.uk - XaiCorp Auto Mining script are from X3, I tried to open it in "Exscriptor" software and get error message:

Code: Select all

Load failed! Error while loading file: C:\Users\user\Desktop\xaicorp_auto_mining_v3.0.2\scripts\setup.Xai.AutoM.xml: You are attempting to load an X3 script while in X2 mode; please change mode to continue.
I will ask into the Russian game forum, maybe someone has this script, there are still has small hope to get this script. :x2:

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 16:48

Hi Zeron-mk7.

Any ideas you have for possibly finding this script would be most welcome, let me know how you get on.

Interestingly, I inspected ALL the .zip files I downloaded from The Wayback Machines archives of the XaiCorp site and ever single one of them contains JUST HTML code about the site, none of the original data. Not a clue what's going on there, but the data in those .zip files has been totally substituted for this HTML stuff...darn weird.

If we can snag a copy, I hope we can then submit it to whoever looks after XDownloads to replace the X3 version currently listed under X2.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 17:44

I could download it from this archived website: https://web.archive.org/web/20080731201 ... 91/release

I've uploaded the zip-archive (XaiCorp Auto Mining v2.3.3) to xdownloads:
[ external image ]

And I moved the other file to the X3R section of xdownloads.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Oct 22, 18:04

That's excellent @X2-Illuminatus. I found lots of copies but every one I tried was an invalid archive, the one you found is perfect.

Thanks for getting this.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”