Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

reaper651

Post by reaper651 » Sat, 11. Oct 08, 21:52

Dead2thewind wrote:Thanks I found it... looks fun gonna do a complete reinstall before i play it though

Edit: completly wiped all existance of x2 from my hard disk reinstalled patched upto 1.4 got the AL patch and the no copy protection... made a mods folder stuck mod files in put the text file in the t folder and the script file in the scripts folder selected mod package and now the game crashes on start up. clues as to why? running a UK version but left the text file as a "44" does that need changing? whats the UK lang code if so?
Make sure you check the box labeled "Ignore last settings and start with default" on the initial startup menu.

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sat, 11. Oct 08, 22:15

Well, I don't think it's the NoCopy. I use it too, and I have no problem at all.

You don't see the initial TopGun logo, do you? What screen resolution are you running at?
Be sure to follow reaper651's suggestion.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

Dead2thewind
xrvr

Post by Dead2thewind » Sun, 12. Oct 08, 01:18

Chris Gi wrote:Well, I don't think it's the NoCopy. I use it too, and I have no problem at all.

You don't see the initial TopGun logo, do you? What screen resolution are you running at?
Be sure to follow reaper651's suggestion.
1024 x 768 x 32 [X8R8G8B8] am i supposed to make "ignore last settings..." true or false? if i make it true the game runs but there is no evidence of the mod working (my test being create ship there is no soverign etc...) also there is no "top gun" loading screen just an egosoft default one.
Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

reaper651

Post by reaper651 » Sun, 12. Oct 08, 06:39

Dead2thewind wrote:1024 x 768 x 32 [X8R8G8B8] am i supposed to make "ignore last settings..." true or false? if i make it true the game runs but there is no evidence of the mod working (my test being create ship there is no soverign etc...) also there is no "top gun" loading screen just an egosoft default one.
You should only need to make it true the first time you run x2 after a re-install.
If it's still crashing after selecting the mod package, I've no idea.

ATAMAH
x3

Post by ATAMAH » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:17

Where can i download Harlock's_TOP_GUN_MOD_v2.5 ? Any link is broken !
Can anybody place somewhere it ? Thanks ! :)
There is a many slip between the cup and the lip

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 11:26

Just visit the X2-Pandora Forum ( klick my Sig); there you'll find TopGun mod 2.7! ;)

Shadow
Last edited by Shadow dream on Thu, 30. Oct 08, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 05:20

TGM 2.7 is a blast :) . I love the new station designs great work harlock :D . I havent made enough mony to buy anything
that has a new office yet but give me a couple of more days and
hope fully I'll have one.

On a side note I did have a little trouble placeing an Argon SPP
in Argon Prime.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 20:26

Hi guys

Well after playing this mod for a long time, i finally got an Argon Sovereign. The question i have though is, where can i buy heavy lasers or where can i buy a heavy laser factory?

sorry if this is a stupid question

cheers
I think therefore I am

Gravemind
x3tc

Post by Gravemind » Mon, 10. Nov 08, 18:55

Latest Top Gun Mod Release V2.7

http://forum.x2-pandora.de/showthread.php?t=790

download it now!
Möp Möp, X² Pandora sucht Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSschreiber besucht www.x2-pandora.de für deine Bewerbung.

Honk Honk, X² Pandora is looking for Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSwriter visit www.x2-pandora.de for your Application.

Ronin677
x3tc

Post by Ronin677 » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 22:40

Hi guys

Please please help

I have just installed v2.4 f the Top Gun mod. Since ding so the script editor function in my command screen has disappeared. any thoughts?
I think therefore I am

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 23:56

You have started a new game? You need to enable the Script Editor again.

[ external image ]

Steninger
x3tc

Post by Steninger » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 22:26

Is it my imagination or are the Khaak much weaker than in the Vanilla game? In TGM 2.7 I've noticed the M3 Khaak is almost useless against other M3s!!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 15:52

The Xperimental and the split m3 cant remember what it was called are the strongest m3's.

Hehe... good news people, youll be seeing the Armageddon hopefully. The ship has mobile turrets and mobile shields which will divert many attacks. We just need to do some scripting but seen as harlock cant do scripts that well he believes someone else will need to do it.

otherl

top gun missing xml

Post by otherl » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 09:25

Hello,

I'm using the top gun mod 2.7 for x2 (it's pretty nice), and i have a readtext problem. When i read the description of the mod and i checked the data in my .dat file i found out that the .xml file is missing.
Could somebody help me where can i find it.

Thanks

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 19:23

what read text error? [numbers]

Rhaegar
x3ap

Post by Rhaegar » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 23:17

Hi, I used to play Top Gun a couple of years ago, and when I saw the amazing work you did since then, I downloaded 2.7.

Only thing is this time I can't get it to work. I see the Top Gun Launch screen, I even see the modified ships flying on the background when I'm talking to ban danna, but my games crashes to desktop just before being launched in space.
Any Ideas?

(I'm playing 1.4, with AL upgrade and NoCD patch)

NiallCavanagh
x2

Post by NiallCavanagh » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 15:49

I am having the same issue: I have problems with all the new readtexts...
e.g.

ReadText17-76181 (a factory making a weapon?)
ReadText17-76291
ReadText17-76293

ReadText17-76183
ReadText17-76181
ReadText17-76293

... and those are just what I have found in the first minute of gameplay.

Are these all to defined in one file? My install was not directly from the CD vanilla version, but in a backup I made in Feb 2005. (I have lost my cd).

It is still playable, though!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 19:14

I dont know about readtext errors but Harlock should know alot more... try looking on shadowtek

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 22:08

Regarding the "Readtext"-Issues:
Did you copy all relevant files to your X2 directory? "init.topgun.text.xml" should go to the "scripts" folder, "447601.xml" to the "t" folder as descriped in the ReadMe.

@Rhaegar:
I don't know what is causing this problem. It works fine for me - well, sort of. This was the first time I started the story mode, and I couldn't properly start from the Argon One. I had no crash to desktop but a crash into the Argon One. :D

You need to talk to Harlock how can't no longer be found here at Egosoft forums. Just follow my sig...

[ external image ]

Marcybiskup
x3ap

Post by Marcybiskup » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 13:51

Chris Gi wrote:@Rhaegar:
I don't know what is causing this problem. It works fine for me - well, sort of. This was the first time I started the story mode, and I couldn't properly start from the Argon One. I had no crash to desktop but a crash into the Argon One. :D

You need to talk to Harlock how can't no longer be found here at Egosoft forums. Just follow my sig...
If this help --> you need to fly out of Argon One as fast as possible. Its easy with easy start when you have Disco maxed out and with boost extension, its harder with x-treme start :) I think its all caused by different sizes of objects and statistics (ie. speed) in Top Gun than in normal game. Or just try few times - each time you start Argon One is turning in different direction so you can avoid collision, just be patient.

Another funny thing (you can even call it a bug) with Top Gun is that Solar Power Plants in The Wall are too close to each other, regarding their new sizes. In my game 2 of them crashed themselves and blown up just right after I entered the sector. So now I have argon space very energy sells demanding...

Still its the very good mod and very good work made with sense. Give it a chance!

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”