Rogues Resurgence Chapter 16: Whispers of Betrayal completed

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

SteveMill
x4

Rogues Resurgence Chapter 16: Whispers of Betrayal completed

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 08:11

Last section below the ****************************************

Steve

Chapter 16: Whispers of Betrayal

“Admiral on the bridge.”

Backs stiffened at the dozen stations lining the curving bulkheads of the control centre.

Admiral, it was a minor conceit that removed any ambiguity in the chain of command.

Law acknowledged the marine’s snapped alert with a nod and stepped down from the rear elevator to the command pit. Captain Hart had already vacated the central seat to stand, at parade ground rest, beside the dual station helm. He eased his bulk into the vacated position and with deliberate slowness, surveyed the bridge, absorbing the mood.

Tense, with an underlining frisson of fear.

He took a deep breath. Calm.

Calm. He repeated the mantra silently and tried to relax his clenched jaws.

Calm. He could not afford any further erosion of loyalty, particularly not here, particularly not on his carrier.

The Black Heart was not a real carrier of course. Military capital ships, even obsolete ones, were not available for private purchase, regardless of wealth and connections, but it was the next best thing.

The spherical bridge, a compact modular unit straight from a scrapped Argon destroyer, was not the only non-standard component of the Stoertebeker Albatross. The ship was old, many decades old, but it was the true heart of Clan power, and as such Law lavished credits on upgrades. In all probability only the main hull remained from the ship originally launched. The interior had been remodelled to suit it’s new role, sensors and computer systems replaced and the fighter bays greatly extended.

Defensive systems were as state-of-the-art as his Teladi allies could discreetly arrange, multi-launch missile tubes capable of launching anything up to hornets and three of the huge 125 MW shields normally found only on front-line military vessels made the Black Heart almost impregnable. Another two were in the process of being fitted, a testament, if one were needed, to the threat Force represented and the respect he had earned.

Like all transporters, the energy needed to maintain to sub-space hold precluded the installation of energy weapons, but five squadrons of fighters, sixty ships, mostly well-equipped Teladi Hawks and Falcons, gave the Black Heart a jab to match all but a Fleet Carrier. Six Argon Lifters, with a full 50 MW of shielding, drive systems fully tuned and sub-space holds crammed with missiles and squash mines, provided a devastating left hook.

“Status.” Law growled, as evenly as he could manage.

Calm.

“We remain in base orbit Sir, at yellow alert as commanded.” Captain Hart spoke confidently. “The enemy continues to patrol, outside our range. We await your orders.”

“Very well.” Law acknowledged, indicating for him to take the first officer station. Hart took the seat at Law’s right hand, swinging the small console across his lap and entering his access code.

Hart was one of the few of his organisation Law both trusted and respected. He was old, probably long past any reasonable retirement age, and had been the second officer aboard the Black Heart when Law acceded to the Stoertebeker throne. A man without ambition and the most senior officer left standing when the smoke cleared and the blood drained away.

Skeletal, lean with a close cropped grey receding hair-line, periodic and closely watched visits to Paradise Station held old age at bay. His mind and judgement displayed no sign of impairment and the ruthless manner with which he enforced Law’s will, in the unreported conflicts out beyond the confines of the gate sector, suggested no slackening of the zeal Law demanded from such senior subordinates.

Hart knew his position, knew both his loyalty and competence were unquestioned. It gave him a confidence dealing with his master that no other in Law’s organisation could feel.

It was a confidence that extended to his crew, a confidence that, despite Law’s deserved reputation, their captain was a firm buttress against his killing rage.

There were rumours, chilling, recent rumours. Hart could feel them resonating on the bridge, see them in the slightly too stiff posture of the helm, the forced smile fixed on the lips of the young woman at comms.

“You only have to worry if we fail.” He had informed his crew prior to Law teleporting aboard. “And if we fail the ship will have been destroyed anyway, so there is nothing to worry about!”

It was not much of a joke but enough to leaven the mood. He deliberately softened his posture, leaning casually back into the high-backed leather seat.

“Your orders Sir?”

“Show me Force.” Law answered softly.

Hart tapped his console, the main view-screen, dominating the forward quarter of the bridge, activated. The viewpoint switched instantly to the Chip Fabrication Plant Force had the temerity to commission in Law’s own backyard.

At first glance it looked almost complete, the main body already had power but the two secondary towers remained in darkness. On high magnification he could see teams of space-suited construction workers supported by scores of manufacturing bots, crawling over the hulls.

Two Prometheus and two Piranha fighters circled within the protective ring of laser towers shielding the installation from direct assault.

“Main construction is almost complete Sir.” He volunteered. “Internal fittings underway. I estimate the station will be online within two days, we should act before then.”

“In good time, Captain.” Law answered. “You will have your glorious battle.”

Law leaned close and whispered with a thin, humourless smile.

“It just may not be here.”

“As you wish Sir.” Hart replied.

Not here?

The obvious place to strike would be at the heart of the Force empire, Scale Plate Green, but that was over a dozen sectors away. The Black Heart very rarely moved from Teladi Gain and never without an elaborate charade concerning one of the legitimately registered Albatross transporters of Law’s Teladi allies. The vessel was simply too valuable to risk and the preparations involved were both long and complex.

Law had not given that order, therefore another option was in mind.

Hart barely dared imagine but he could hope.

A jump-drive!

“You are now where I want you!”

Time slowed to a molasses crawl as his blood froze.

The words dragged at him, like lead weights on a swimmer’s arms, plunging Max into whole-body shock.

An incongruous memory, triggered.

“I’m leaving you Gragore.”

First love lost, the same numbing incomprehension. He tried to stand but his legs wouldn’t obey.

“Commander Force!”

Skull’s voice seemed to come from some distance, urgent and querulous, snapping Max back to full focus. She looked at him intently as his mind raced to catch up. Then she laughed, a short dry chuckle, laden with a cynicism that was a truer indication of her years than the bone-white smooth skin of her face.

“I do believe I have over-estimated either your ingenuity or your sense of self-preservation.”

She smiled, perfectly even, white teeth, stark against the scarlet gash of her mouth. There was no humour in the smile, or her probing steel eyes. Max barely breathed as his mind numbly groped for a way out, knowing that Skull would have protected herself with more than overweening self-confidence.

Then she laughed, long enough and loud enough for his fear to transmute into embarrassment.

“Ah, the fearsome Commander Force!” She wiped a tear from the corner of one eye. “The warrior who has Law cowering behind his shield wall!”

The smile disappeared with frightening speed, replaced by a forensic stare that was nothing but calculating. Max willed himself to calm.

“You know.” Skull said. “I believe you have actually come in here without an exit strategy. No concealed squash mines, no hornets, no chemicals or bugs? Not even a strike fleet lurking beyond the gate? After our last encounter I indeed expected more.”

Max shook his head dumbly.

“Interesting.” Skull said. “And disappointing. Perhaps I should reconsider my own intentions?”

The calculations were already running behind her eyes, Max could only sit and wait for sentence to be pronounced.

“Law would reward me immensely for your head.” She said thoughtfully. “Regardless of the shoulders it sat on!”

She did not smile.

“And you are causing us all significant problems. Why should I not kill you where you sit? You know that I could, don’t you?”

Max swallowed and nodded.

“However, opportunity trails in the tracks of adversity. Tell me how you can be of service to me?”

“Spaceweed, I’ve a full load to sell, and I can guarantee uninterrupted supplies..” He began.

“If you were dead the problem you propose to solve would no longer exist.” She snapped. “However, I care not where my supplies come from. Should I let you live your offer is accepted. Should I let you live that is.”

The emphasis was on the word “should.”

“I have the computer core from Challenger’s ship.” Max answered.

“All cards on the table. You don’t need Law but if you do want to exploit the alien technology you need me and you need the resources Force Securities is building.”

It was Skull’s turn to be shocked, a state signified by the merest raising of a brow. Nothing crossed her mask of a face.

“My faith in you is restored, Commander.” She said finally. “And your knowledge of things that are above your concern, dangerous and unexpected. Speak further, speak convincingly.”

“I’ve been moving in the wrong circles a long time.” Max extemporised. “And heard a lot of things, whispers of something called the ‘Shadow Conspiracy?’”

“A somewhat dramatic translation from the Paranid I believe.” Skull said quietly. “Continue.”

“I was digging for more dirt from the Confeds when I was almost whacked. My information says Law was behind that. He took my woman, Skull, he will pay for that.” Max spitted with the heart-felt venom of a method actor.

“It’s a long arm that can strike from beyond the grave.” Skull observed. “But you inspire such loyalty, it could be an inconvenience.”

“More than an inconvenience.” Max said. “You know what my people can do.”

Growing in confidence he continued.

“I knew the Clans were involved but Jackson was green. Law’s people were more easily bribed than yours, it cost a lot but I pieced it together. There’s an alien ship with a revolutionary propulsion system crashed somewhere in the Xenon sector beyond Menelaus Paradise. You’ve been searching for years and have narrowed it down to a few locations but space is pretty big and it could take you years to retrace Challenger’s steps. With my help you could have the location in months.”

“Months, not days?” Skull inquired.

“There was a lot of damage.” Max explained. “I’m building a Chip Fab just to have the people and resources to recover the data. Only Jackson and I know this so don’t even think about leaning on any of my people.”

“You have a proposal.” Skull stated.

Max stifled a relieved sigh, there was a deal to be made. His mind raced, sifting options.

“I want the head of Law and I want a damn good share of the profits. I don’t care about anything else. I can offer you both the location and the legal resources to expoit it. What can Law offer? Mindless thuggery?”

“I care not who sits on the Stoertebeker throne.” Skull answered. “They come, they go. Is that your aspiration?”

“King or king-maker.” Max shrugged. “Me or Jackson, I haven’t decided yet. I like being legal but on the other hand so many more possibilities could open. This universe is not big enough for both Law and I, the question is, who can do you the most good?”

“A good question.” Skull acknowledged through pursed lips. “And I have no love for Law and his barbarously unfocused ways.”

“Yet.” She continued. “There is an ecology to the universe and Law occupies an essential niche. It is through his connections with the Teladi Board of Directors that much crucial materiel flows. The clans circumstances would be seriously straitened should this conduit be lost.”

“The composition of the Board is open to change.” Max observed.

“Ah yes.” Skull smiled. “General Daht, a Teladi male with un-Teladi ambitions. I am not convinced a revival of the ancient martial Teladi spirit is in my interests, or indeed those of the rest of the universe. How long do you think it would take before the Split were at the Boron throat?”

“I’m not sure the Boron have throats but I take your point. Do you have a suggestion?”

“Reconsider your loyalties at an opportune moment and guarantee the continued gratitude of the current administration.” Skull replied.

“And the Stoertebeker Clan?”

“I reiterate my lack of care.” Skull said with mock weariness. “Jackson, yourself.”

She shrugged carelessly.

“As long as the alliance with Director Morn is maintained. Do we have an understanding?”

“Will I have your support, when the time comes? And will I have a seat at whatever it is you guys sit around when you plot?”

“Deliver the information and you will have your seat but committing my forces against Law would make a complex situation unpredictable. I have waited a long time Commander, another few years would mean little and your victory would prove nothing if it relied on my forces. The fit survive. However, when the time comes, we shall talk again. I may then have information of value.”

Max thought for a few seconds, adding this new, dangerous shard to the others; the mission, Xela, Jackson, Daht; a shifting balance of circumstances, people, and possibilities between him and his goal, too complex with too many unknown variables to plan. He let the pieces twist and shuffle in his head, forming different patterns that he churned in his gut until he could intuit a new path.

“Deal.” Max said.

Skull stood suddenly, sweeping forward, reflexively Max stood also. She came close, close enough to sweep his senses with a distinctive perfume.

“Look at me.”

He looked down into her young face. She stared up with old eyes, probing. Max focused and returned as impassive a gaze as he could manage. Skull held the stare, questioning, as Max cleared his mind. The perfume intensified and he began to sweat, small beads along the hairline, he licked his lips.

She mimicked the action, grinning, and ran her fingers quickly and firmly up the front of his crotch, choking off his cry by pulling his face down onto her lips. The perfume was intoxicating now and his resistance to her probing tongue little more than perfunctory. He returned her kiss tentatively and laughing contemptuously, she pushed him away.

Skull clicked two fingers in the air and the room began to revolve.

“Resolve all trade issues with my subordinates.”

The entrance behind him slid open.

“And Commander, do not play me for the fool Law is. Cross me and you will find I possess a long and unsubtle reach.”

Max swallowed and nodded.

His limbs stopped trembling by the time the un-laden Star passed beyond the range of the Laser Towers.

***************************************************************************************************************

Skull watched the two Force ships leave the sector from the seclusion of her inner sanctum, an harmonious blend of luxury and technology that allowed her to control the Skull empire in the style she was long accustomed.

“Deploy the Communications Array.” She spoke to the air in the tone that activated voice control.

“Acknowledged.” A computer voice answered.

Skull removed her cowl, carelessly throwing it to one side. The garment barely touched the floor before it was whisked away by a scuttling Neat-O-Bot. She shook out her long bone-white hair, straightening tangles with her fingers. By the time she’d poured a generous shot of Argon Whisky into an ice-filled glass the computer announced the comm. array deployment.

She activated the sector display. The enhanced nav-sat was twenty klicks out with the deployment Mandalay circling, carefully observing a 2 kilometre exclusion zone to avoid interfering with transmissions. From memory she specified ascension and declination co-ordinates and took a cool sip as she waited for the narrow band antenna to focus and smiled. He would be pleased.

“Channel open, Intimadator online.” Her computer confirmed as the 2D display flashed to life. The man on the screen looked old, his eyes older still and the skin on his face parchment thin over his cheekbones. It appeared to be peeling. Judging from the background chatter he was on the bridge.

“Skull.” He said in greeting, his voice deep but wheezing as if he was having difficulty breathing.

“Commodore.” She returned. “Father, you look unwell.”

Commodore Jaines nodded and grimaced through a passing spasm.

“Nothing a visit to Paradise won’t cure.” He said dismissively. “We have picked up Xenon transmissions, we believe there may be a base of some kind in this gas giant’s family of moons.”

Skull frowned.

“Another? How many more can there be?”

“Brennan’s Triumph was a key sector for the Xenon.” Jaines observed. “With the gate to Earth. We have not encountered any ships for months but we must expect there to be more installations and sensor arrays than we have not eliminated. We will though, this is Skull territory now.” He finished with a cough.

Skull waited for the fit to subside before continuing.

“Force came. As you predicted.”

“And?”

“He knows much, father, the alien device and our interest. He claims to possess a computer core from our probe.”

“From Challenger’s ship?” Jaines smiled. “How..” He searched for the appropriate word. “Serendipitous. Overly so?”

“I believe not, father. His feud with Law guides his stumbling steps. It must have been he who suborned Law’s operative who stole the probe data. Force is a dangerous man, a lot more reckless and ambitious than his history suggests.”

“Close encounters with mortality focuses men’s minds, daughter and makes them consider their future. Can he be exploited as we planned?”

“He can.” Skull confirmed. “His resources will be invaluable, but I fear our alliance with Law nears it’s end.”

“And you believe he will betray Daht?” Jaines asked when she finished recounting her meeting with Force in detail.

“I do.” She replied. “I could smell the ambition.”

Jaines smiled affectionately.

“Your judgement is always sound. If he supplants Law whilst maintaining our ties with the Teladi Trading Company we will consider his suitability. He knows too much to be left on the outside for long but watch him closely for signs of treachery and let him know only the minimum he needs to ensure co-operation.”

“I have him under observation.” Skull said. “When he has stained himself with enough blood I will act. With circumspection.”

“Good.” Jaines confirmed. “As ever I leave the details in your hands. Tell me, did he not ask of the Commodore?”

“He did not.” Skull answered. “It has been decades since yours was the face of Skull. Rumour and conjecture now cloud your very existence.”

“I suspect you underestimate the perspicacity of the intelligence services.” Jaines said through pursed lips. “I know they suspect much but it suits our cause for them to believe in my retirement from the operational side of Clan business. Which is true, you continue to excel, daughter.”

His attention was drawn off-screen momentarily.

“Long range scans have detected Xenon fighters, we must conclude this discussion. Continue as you see fit. I will return soon.”

He cut the transmission and Skull ordered the retrieval of the comm. relay.

“Status, Irana.” Jaines demanded. His words wheezed around the compact heart of the Albatross that was the true centre of the Skull Clan empire. The bridge module was small, much smaller than standard, an economical five station module originally designed for small corvettes. The Commodore preferred it that way, just him, his second in command and officers at the Helm, Weapons and Flight Control.

His First Officer looked up from her station, appropriately at his right hand.

“Undetected Commodore.”

The Intimidator lurked in the shadow of the seventh moon, shielded from detection by the nickel-iron core of the asteroid sucked into the gravity well of the system’s only Gas Giant millennia before. It was hidden and blind but for the sporadically deployed nav-sats dropped by scout ships assiduously scouring the environs for Xenon activity.

Irana grinned, perhaps remembering her own times in a fighter cockpit, before age robbed her of her reflexes and her place on the flight-line of any of the dozen mercenary squadrons that featured on her CV. The Skull Clan had returned most of them, along with what beauty her plain features ever possessed, but at a price. As this had been paid by whatever unfortunate Skull had found in possession of the essences needed to prolong life and well-being Irana did not care. Beckoned by more wealth she’d ever dreamed achievable she happily foreswore the thrills of combat to become the second-in-command of the Skull Carrier.

“A three ship Xenon patrol has been detected at ninety seven thousand klicks. Their course will take them across the orbit of the second moon.”

“An extended patrol?” Jaines opined. “Returning to base?”

“I would say so.” Irana agreed. “Based on previous experience it will be in a low orbit, undetectable at this range against the background noise generated by the primary. Standard approach?”

Jaines nodded and Irana snapped orders.

Within minutes the Intimidator CAP had retrieved the Laser tower defence screen and the ship secured for Newtonian flight. The Teladi female at the helm computed an approach vector that would slingshot them around the moon at speeds that precluded interception. If she doubted the wisdom of a blind approach to a hostile position she kept it to herself. They had done this before and they would do it again, until the Commodore was certain the last remnants of the Xenon occupation of his sector had been expunged.

“Okay Max, spill it. What really happened?”

“I just told you Zee.” Max replied stiffly. “I cut a deal. If we can provide a more secure and reliable supply of recreational substances than Law, Skull won’t be doing any lamenting when we rip off his face and hand it to him.”

“Just like that?”

“Just like that. I’m a mean, lean, deal cutting machine, Zee. You should know that by now.”

“If I was ever around when you made one, perhaps I would. Given what you’ve done I half expected she’d eat you alive. You must have been very persuasive.”

She paused, noting the physiological readings that matched the rising pink suffusing his face.

“Oh for goodness sake Max, say it ain’t so?”

“Say what ain’t so?” Max continued replaying the incident in his mind, feeling again the sudden humiliating shock. The cabin felt very warm.

“Oh it is so!” Xela said, aghast. “Sweet, innocent casino girls have to be treated like criminals for showing an interest but there you go, leaping into the pit, so to speak, of Miss Psycho-Universe just to secure a profit line. Men! What the hell is wrong with you all, I mean, what the hell is wrong with you all?”

“She’s an intriguing woman.” Max replied, carefully masking his emotions as Xela hounded the false trail.

“Several intriguing women, or the parts thereof.” Xela snapped.

Max shrugged.

“She needed distracting.”

“Well, it didn’t take very long did it Max? Someone more appropriate should speak to you about that. I could recommend a few books, some visualisation techniques if you like?”

“I’ll have a chat with Jack.” Max promised.

The ensuing conversational tangent took them through most of the next sector.

By the time they arrived back in Scale Plate Green Xela had run out of jibes and Max allowed himself a small smile of relief and now he really did need to talk with Jack.

The man was there, waiting with the antique. He and Max hit the bars, leaving Xela and the Star repair droids to work magic.
Last edited by SteveMill on Mon, 20. Jan 03, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

spikey

Post by spikey » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 09:29

:)

Cracking read again Steve, just managed to find time to read Chap 15 too, excellent stuff.

Spikes

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 09:29

Well, Max is a lucky boy! But then again, he didn't have much choice did he. So, who will stich up who then? Is Max going to stich up Skull? Or will she him? Or is it going to be that girl related. Either way, he has just about escaped with his life!

Good read.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 09:32

spikey wrote::)

Cracking read again Steve, just managed to find time to read Chap 15 too, excellent stuff.

Spikes
I think that You and I posted practically at the same moment!

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 10:48

A very interesting twist. Great read and cant wait for more. Prehaps this encounter will be enough to bring Max down a peg or two.

Al

Mercenary
x3tc

Post by Mercenary » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 11:43

Excellent read...

If there going to be a fight, then it's going to be interesting who allies to who and which ones will stand back and see who wins before deciding. :)

Merc.

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 12:37

Whooo Whooo, give me more.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 12:58

Mercenary wrote:Excellent read...

If there going to be a fight, then it's going to be interesting who allies to who and which ones will stand back and see who wins before deciding. :)

Merc.
If there's going to be a fight? :wink:

I'd be lynched if it were all settled over a nice cup of tea and one of Mrs Miggins meat pies.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 12:59

something tells me that we are in for a bigger surprise yet to come.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 13:01

Just had another quick read and came across something that might be an error:

"Teladi Board of Directors that much crucial materiel flows" should "materiel" be material?

Just doesn't seem right to me although as usual I'm prepared to have my vocabulary ammended ;)

Al

Moss
x2

Post by Moss » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 13:06

Very interesting, not the way I imagined it would go, especialy the little (chemicaly induced) seduction there at the end of the Skull meeting :)

Seems Law has very few loyal friends and a good few who don't care what happens to him, just what that monster should have. But will Max betray Daht, i'd hope not but we'll see eh? Looks like it'll be a real mess when things start unraveling, or when plans start coming together! :)

(Btw if the Black Heart isn't destroyed it'd make a cool adition to Max's fleet! )

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 13:30

Al wrote:Just had another quick read and came across something that might be an error:

"Teladi Board of Directors that much crucial materiel flows" should "materiel" be material?

Just doesn't seem right to me although as usual I'm prepared to have my vocabulary ammended ;)

Al
Brace yourself then Al :wink:

Main Entry: ma·té·ri·el
Variant(s): or ma·te·ri·el /m&-"tir-E-'el/
Function: noun
Etymology: French matériel, from matériel, adjective
Date: 1814
: equipment, apparatus, and supplies used by an organization or institution

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 13:35

Damn foreign lingo :p

I think I'll go back to looking for simple errors and leave language to your good self :D

Al

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 15:24

did i miss the bit were Max is captured/goes to Skull ???

good read, and was Max play-acting? seemed like it to me
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 15:29

Adamskini wrote:did i miss the bit were Max is captured/goes to Skull ???

good read, and was Max play-acting? seemed like it to me
Yep - you missed some parts of the last chapter, posted a couple of days ago.

Oldman
x3tc

Post by Oldman » Tue, 7. Jan 03, 21:22

Hmmm....could be a bit more than a business partnership blossoming there...or maybe not :gruebel:
Skull seems to have Max where she wants him....
One thing's clear though.....you can't say that this storyline is predictable!!!

Infuriating!!!....... :lol: ....but VERY readable :D

Oldman :)

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 8. Jan 03, 00:38

bump.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Wed, 8. Jan 03, 01:49

Excellent read, Steve!

Now that was an interesting conversation the two of them had. Will be interesting if/how Max can deliver.

So Law has got something up his sleave. Hmmm, that looks very much like fighting to the teeth. Pretty ugly thought of him in Scale Plate Green. Question though, since his ship is so well equipped why did he not make use of it in the battle? Or was he prepared to 'lose' that fight just to hit all the more where it really hurts?

Found one glitch:
'if one were needed' shouldn't it be 'was needed'?

Hey, I am looking forward to the next installment, should answer a few questions!

Excellent, Steve.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Wed, 8. Jan 03, 07:59

KiwiNZ wrote:Excellent read, Steve!

Now that was an interesting conversation the two of them had. Will be interesting if/how Max can deliver.

So Law has got something up his sleave. Hmmm, that looks very much like fighting to the teeth. Pretty ugly thought of him in Scale Plate Green. Question though, since his ship is so well equipped why did he not make use of it in the battle? Or was he prepared to 'lose' that fight just to hit all the more where it really hurts?

Found one glitch:
'if one were needed' shouldn't it be 'was needed'?

Hey, I am looking forward to the next installment, should answer a few questions!

Excellent, Steve.
Not sure about the grammar query. Regarding Law's ace. You'll remember Morn has only recently begun considering how she can get one to Law, which will probably be a chapter in itself.

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 10:53

just a bump prior to next bit.

Return to “Creative Universe”