X Universe Lorebook

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Vanguard3000
x4

X Universe Lorebook

Post by Vanguard3000 » Wed, 15. Dec 21, 04:57

Hey, all,

I've been obsessed with the X series for a long time now, and have always loved the Encyclopedia entries for the various ships, wares, sectors, etc. A few years back, I had compiled as much of this information as I could and compiled it into a single ePub file for easy reading. For some reason it only occurred to me recently that I ought to share this for others who may be interested.

So here it is!

Included is basically all in-game text for X:BTF to X3:AP, aside from mission-specific stuff. I'd love to update it to include Farnham's Legacy info, but I don't have the time to put towards it that I used to. If anyone is keen on helping me out, I'd love to have it. A lot of the ship descriptions are on Roguey's site but if there are new stations and sectors I'd have to sort of sift manually through the maps, or the game files. I'd also need screenshots of new ships and stations.

I have a similar Lorebook for X: Rebirth (Here it is), and will upload it soon, so stay tuned. It's not as tidy, since there were a lot of missing entries for the various station modules (at least when I compiled it), and the DLCs would be missing as well. I'd love to do an X4 one someday, but between my job and an eight month old, I haven't been able to learn to play X4, let alone sort out the encyclopedia - not to mention most of the Encyclopedia was missing entries last I played.
I'd love to hear your thoughts and if you enjoy this stuff as much as I do.

Newinger
x4

Re: X Universe Lorebook

Post by Newinger » Sun, 30. Jan 22, 12:11

Oh this is an awesome resource, thanks for sharing!!

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Tue, 14. Jun 22, 21:23

Now there's what I'd call the ultimate in heroic efforts (among lore nerds), great job. Only thing I think might improve it could be a Table of Contents.

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Sat, 18. Jun 22, 21:11

Glad you like it! I'm not a big fan of inline ToCs in ebooks - the ePub format has its own ToC feature that's outside the regular book flow. You should be able to see it in a sidebar on a desktop app, or by tapping a ToC function on an ereader.

That said, if you're interested I can always generate an inline ToC and send you the modified copy.

Return to “Creative Universe”