Tooltip Problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

DemaeRamen
x3

Error or bug I've not read about elsewhere

Post by DemaeRamen » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 03:10

Forgive me if this has been noted but...

The icons at the bottom of the screen are permanently obscured by tool tip boxes. Sometimes they're black. Other times they have the most recent tip in them.

I usually have 3 or 4 there. It's not unplayable but it makes it an effort to use the new interface.

Again, sorry if this is old news.
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 08:03

mattstint wrote:Well I'm buggered as I don't own a joystick! The black bar is back again but its only at the bottom of the screen and I can still see the menu so I can live with it for now.
The other option is to move the mouse cursor over the icon you're going to save your game into and then leave it there until the tooltip has appeared and disappeared before clicking--should only take a couple of seconds.

ged
x3

Post by ged » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 10:19

I have the same problem...
I applied 1.2 patch before I started playing. The box doesn't get any bigger but it does 'double up' as if it was trying to display some sort of 3d effect. just a small black area is left behind every time you exit and start to fly..

9700 Pro
2.52 Intel
1gb
XP pro SP 2

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 10:29

Thank ee.

I'll give that a go.

Prester John
x3

Re: Error or bug I've not read about elsewhere

Post by Prester John » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 13:41

DemaeRamen wrote:Forgive me if this has been noted but...

The icons at the bottom of the screen are permanently obscured by tool tip boxes. Sometimes they're black. Other times they have the most recent tip in them.

I usually have 3 or 4 there. It's not unplayable but it makes it an effort to use the new interface.

Again, sorry if this is old news.
Same problem here, they also seem to multuply after saving.
memento mori

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 13:48

Same problem here. all saves screwed. Any way to get rid of these black bars?

jjoyce
x4

Post by jjoyce » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 15:35

SteveMill wrote:Same problem here. all saves screwed. Any way to get rid of these black bars?
ditto, I have explored quite a bit and can't face that second mission again I still feel dizzy !

btw disabling autosave at station has cured my ctds if that helps anyone out there

Dan Forever
x3

Post by Dan Forever » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 21:36

I'm getting this problem too, I currently have 3 perminent tool tips obscuring my menu.

What is actually happening is that they occupy the space they took up when the game was saved. They're still updated afterwards, so they all say what the actual tooltip says, and anything black is space not being used by the current tooltip.

I loaded an old game and there was only one tooltip there, so it is definately savegame related.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 21:42

Yeah, I now have about 4 in the middle of the screen (cos I changed resolution).

They still work (ie, they show correct tool tips) but never go. I think I got an extra one but I can't be sure.

Started a new game and there were none.

So long as I have a little hole to see the game thru... Maybe I can make a pseudo-cockpit out of them.

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 22:28

I got about 5 now, but the first one appeared after my first save after mission 2...

Before then it didn't occur, even though I saved in stations.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 30. Oct 05, 22:41

Just to be clear, the problem is most likely to occur if you save while there is a tooltip is on the screen. It shouldn't make a difference whether you are docked or not.

ductsoup
x3

Post by ductsoup » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 13:46

I now have 2 of these at the bottom of my screen i cant really go back to the last save or restart as i will loose too much game time. Is it known if this will be fixed in the next patch?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 1. Nov 05, 14:04

Yes, it is highly likely that this will be fixed in 1.3.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”