X2: Entering Brennans Triumph games crashed

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Thesamy1993

X2: Entering Brennans Triumph games crashed

Post by Thesamy1993 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 22:13

Hello dear X-Community. Im new here. I did start playing X2 The Threat on Steam few days ago and on the third mission where you have to visit the gate on Brennans Triumph the game shuts down immeditaly. Actually exactly where the line/voice that we get greeted.
I tryed it several times but all the time on the exact same position/moment my game closes and I dont know why.

Has anyone any idea what can I do about it.
Im using windows 10 and playing the game from steam shop.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Entering Brennans Triumph games crashed

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 22:43

Hello and welcome! I'm moving this to the correct forum (from Off Topic).

You will have to give a bit more information if we are to be able to help you properly. Please see this Sticky thread. The DxDiag may give us some ideas about what it going on with your crashes.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Thesamy1993

Re: X2: Entering Brennans Triumph games crashed

Post by Thesamy1993 » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 23:45

can I still continue writing here before I start saying my pc specs

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 10:26

You just did! :D

Yes of course you can. :)

Thesamy1993

Brennans Triumph

Post by Thesamy1993 » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 15:45

Hello guys.
I rly need your help. In the mission where you have to visit the lost gate in Brennans Triupmph as soon as I join the sector a small video appears where a enemy wants to contact us my game crashed all the time and cant continue playing from there.
Ive no idea why and need some help why this could be.

My specs:
gpu: rtx 2080 windforce 8gb
cpu: i7 6700k
mainboard: z170 pro gaming asus
power supply: 860w corsair
ram: 16gb 2x8

-playing on steam
-using windows 10
-1440p monitor

If anyone can help me pls.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 15:57

.. and I moved the post above from Off Topic into your other thread. We're all still waiting for the information asked for in the Sticky thread.

EDIT: Also now merged the post below. Posting the same thing over and over without the information does not get results!

Thesamy1993

Brennans Triumph

Post by Thesamy1993 » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 16:14

Hello. My X2 The Threat crashed all the time when entering the sector Brennans Triumph. Or better said after entering the sector when the short video appears with the enemy ship.

My specs:
gpu: rtx 2080
cpu: i7 6700k
mainboard: z170 pro gaming asus
supply power: 860 watt corsair
ram: 16gb 2x8

-Playing on steam
-Using windows 10
-playing on 1440p 165hz

I rly need some help here guys. Does anyone know here smth ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 09:26

A few things to try out:
- Let Steam verify your game to make sure that no files are missing.
- Check that your audio driver is up to date (and works with Windows 10)
- If you have more than one audio device, disable the other ones.
- Check whether you have any of the audio / video codecs installed which are known to cause problems with the X3 games. (See the Codec Issues section of this thread for reference.)
- Check that the movie files in the mov folder of your X2: The Threat game folder are intact and can be played with the Windows Media Player
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:37

mov files are intact however there is no sound to hear. I verify x2. Still the same problem. As soon as I enter the brennans triumph sector the scene appears and Im gettin' kicked out of the game and come back to my desktop. Also funny is that the scene which was played Ive seen my ship crashing into the gate 2 times and then the game crashed. I tryed to enter the sector with several games but all fail. My driver are update. Dunno what I can do.

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 15:10

It can not be possible that Im alone here with this problem. I was expecting from a tectichal support side to get some answers to solve the issue ive.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 18:51

You have been asked many times now to provide the information requested in the first Announcement on this forum - your DxDiag, mod state, relevant error messages, etc. You have ignored those requests and so there is little that we can say or do to help.

X2-Illuminatus specifically asked you about your audio driver and devices, your codecs and about the game's movie files but you have not replied on those questions either. The reason that we ask for information is that it helps us to identify the problem. Further, those specific aspects you were asked about can cause the sort of issue that you are having.

If you want something to read and consider while you are thinking about all this then see this Sticky thread on this forum.

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 19:46

- Operating system: Windows 10 ( 64bit )

- CPU, graphics card, memory, sound system : i6 6700k, 16ram ddr4, realtalk

- game version (e.g. X3 2.0.02): 1.5.0.0

- exact nature of the problem, and any error message involved : game crashes and returns to desktop ( no error mesaages! )

- sector location in the game and scenario : entering brannans triumph on mission 3 to visit the gate as soon as the cutscene appears approximately 3-5 seconds I see on my monitor my ship neither crushing on the gate which I did enter or my ship flying casual ( but not the 'actual' plotscene ). No error messages! O
Only going back to my desktop.

- type of game played, e.g. plot or non-plot : X2 - Plot ( Mission 3 exactly )

- whether you have any scripts/mods installed : Only thing I did was installing X2 - The Threat via steam and started playing.

By the way I did answer the questions from before with the Sounddriver. I said I disable either realtalk or nvidia sound divice but that didnt help as well and still game crashed. Videos on my X2 are wokring as well.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 21:45

"By the way I did answer the questions from before with the Sounddriver. I said I disable either realtalk or nvidia sound divice but that didnt help as well"
I don't see any mention of that in this thread but that is useful information now that we have it.

CTDs without error messages in the DxDiag (or in Event Viewer) are almost unheard of. This is why we keep asking about them because they help to identify what is going wrong. Why are you so worried about providing a link to your DxDiag? It will hopefully help us to help you far more than this time-wasting just going back and forth talking about it. We *need* to know about your error messages, codecs and drivers etc.

If you really don't want to provide this information then that is fine, but please stop posting the same incomplete reports and also incorrectly saying that nobody is trying to help you. Two forum moderators have tried to help you so far but each time without having sufficient information to do so effectively. We are still here to help if you wish to keep trying.

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 19:29

Hey Alan. First of all ty for helping me. Second I think I did a little overreact here and Im sry for that. I got the point now with what I did wrong here and you got a wrong picture from me. Sry for that again.

So lets come to the point. The DxDiag. I know a little bit about this program but what does it and how Ive to use that I can share information with you here ? Can you help me what Ive to do that I can post here the information you need. I never used this DxDiag before.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 15. Mar 19, 20:36

OK, no problem at all. The use of DxDiag is explained in the FAQ linked within this forum's Sticky thread that we linked. See here for a direct link to the FAQ. In case that still isn't clear enough, a more detailed version is covered here. Yes, the DxDiag report is a lot of text but it is generally useful if provided to us in full.

Now that DxDiags for Win10 are much longer than the ones back in the XP/Vista era, we would suggest that you consider uploading them to a public fileshare site and just posting the link rather than posting the lengthy DxDiag text across 2 posts. That is covered in some detail in various Tech Sp threads for the newer X games:
  • "If you are supplying information that will not conveniently fit into posts in this forum (approx 70,000 character limit per post), in the worst case you can split long text files across 2 consecutive posts, or ideally you can upload the data to a reputable public fileshare site (a few examples are Google Drive, DropBox or PasteBin, etc) but please don't use sites that spam advertising or require registration for downloads."

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 16:30

Okay. I did write dxdiag in the start menu and pressed enter. Window open with dxdiag. Clicked on 'save all information'. A editor dcdiag side was now on my desktop with a lot of stuff in it. How I can keep continue. Sry man I didnt rly use this before. Can I see now a report msg from X2 ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 18:51

As I said, ideally you need to upload that file on your desktop to a fileshare site and post the link here. Recommendations for sites are in my previous post in this thread. We will do the analysis of the DxDiag for you.

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 19:45

yo Alan. I got the vulkano text file now. How can I share it now here.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 19:54

We only need the DxDiag - X2 does not use Vulkan API (as X4 and X Rebirth VR do). I have given the 'how' a few times now.

Thesamy1993

Post by Thesamy1993 » Sat, 16. Mar 19, 20:14

Ive no glue how to get to that file share side. You said smth about ''various Tech Sp threads for the newer X games''.
I mean I know you dont want to write every single step what Ive to do exactly but I dunno how to get this dxdiag short version to share here. Can you at least give me a link to go there Alan. Pls I rly dont want to annow you but Im not good in those things but I will give you the needed information as long as I know where Ive to go.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”