[X2] Mouse steering issue

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

[X2] Mouse steering issue

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 14:06

Hi everyone,

I have seemed to run into an issue where my mouse becomes really slow and intermittent while flying, about a second or 2 after loading into a game, ive tried plugging into different USB ports, and that hasnt helped. I only have usb 3.0 and 3.1 so i cant exactly plug it into anything older than that. I'm completely clueless as to what i should do now because it happened fairly recently.

Thanks.
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X2] Mouse steering issue

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 25. Jan 22, 14:28

Maybe try reloading/updating your specific mouse bespoke driver or perhaps using a different generic USB mouse driver?

Have you changed any setting or key-bindings in-game at around the time the issue appeared? Have you changed any mouse-related settings in your OS, or perhaps changed screen resolution at around that time? Have you changed any priorities for apps and services on your system around then?

Lastly look for any background application or utility that might be taking focus away from the game to do things such as 'phoning home', or looking for updates, etc. Also check for any real-time checking of your gamefiles by your AV/security apps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmyjamjohnson42
x4

Re: [X2] Mouse steering issue

Post by Jimmyjamjohnson42 » Sat, 29. Jan 22, 13:04

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 25. Jan 22, 14:28
Maybe try reloading/updating your specific mouse bespoke driver or perhaps using a different generic USB mouse driver?

Have you changed any setting or key-bindings in-game at around the time the issue appeared? Have you changed any mouse-related settings in your OS, or perhaps changed screen resolution at around that time? Have you changed any priorities for apps and services on your system around then?

Lastly look for any background application or utility that might be taking focus away from the game to do things such as 'phoning home', or looking for updates, etc. Also check for any real-time checking of your gamefiles by your AV/security apps.
Hi, sorry it took a while to respond

Ive tried uninstalling the driver with device manager and plugging the mouse back in, X2 doesnt have any bind changing functions except for a very limited shift and control one. I use malwarebytes, and that doesnt seem like it does anything to the game. Sometimes the steering completely halts and i have to use arrow keys only being able to use my mouse afterwards. I'll check my mouse settings as i think i might have changed a couple things though.
I play X2 a lot, possibly too much.
800 hours and counting :P

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”