Resolution Question

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Resolution Question

Post by Cursed Ghost » Thu, 4. Jan 24, 20:06

Hi all

Old games like x2/x3r don’t really work well on modern wide screen monitors since they where obviously developed for a 4:3 screen format and if you set them to run at 1920x1080 then everything end up stretched and distorted because obviously that's a wide screen format so I'm wondering if there is a way to run them at 1080p but force a 4:3 format.

I tried looking at the selection of resolutions in the games control panel but 1440x1080 which is 1080p in 4:3 isn't listed the highest 4:3 resolution that was listed was 1152x864, so I'm wondering if there is a way to set a custom resolution? perhaps there is there an ini file that I can edit to force a 4:3 format while running at 1080p resolution.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Resolution Question

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 5. Jan 24, 19:14

Afaik there's no option to force a custom resolution. IIRC such a feature was introduced not before X3AP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”