[RELEASE] X3RPM - Remote Property Manager v0.8 - New Author

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think!

It's awesome, keep making new releases!
93%
It's okay.
3%
The old version was fine.
No votes
I wouldn't use this anyway.
3%
I just don't care.
No votes

Total votes: 30

thestill1

Post by thestill1 » Tue, 26. Aug 08, 23:53

Do i have to install anything for the PHP because in the instructions it does not say anything about that? I am going to see if any of the files later in the post are more updated than the one at the start of the post, and see if i can get my copy working. I currentley have X3 installed in:
'C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 REUNION'
and i am having problems with: x3hide; the directory under settings on the web; and nothing showing up on the stats and property pages.
so i just finished reading through this forum and am going to see if i can get it to work.

thestill1

Post by thestill1 » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 05:46

the link is down for the x3rpm update listed on page 5

Doomed498
x3

Post by Doomed498 » Mon, 1. Sep 08, 15:21

thestill1 wrote:the link is down for the x3rpm update listed on page 5
Okay, thanks for that, I've fixed the link: http://doomed.profusehost.net/files/x3r ... update.zip

shadowcode, I tried your X3Hider utility and couldn't get it to work under XP (Giving the "I couldn't find X3. For some reason a lot of our checks failed." error). No idea why this is though, I might have to see if I can get the free edition of Visual Studio I think so I can play around with it.

I've set up a subversion repository (http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/x3rpm) containing the latest versions I've been working on. Not much progress has been made the past few months, but I'm more than happy to have other working on it. The repository is read-only for public use, but if you want to pm me your email, I can send you an invite to the team, so you can commit.

Oh, as far as creating a new ticket, all that has to be done is to go to this link ([url]http://trac2.assembla.com/x3rpm/wiki[/ur]) and click "New Ticket" in the menu. No registration or anything required for that.

And that autosave idea is a great idea, it shouldn't be too hard to have to playership dock at a station every so often and it could be a user selectable option. I'll see what I can do with that.
X3RPM - X3 Remote Property Management | Thread | Site

shadowcode
x4

Post by shadowcode » Mon, 1. Sep 08, 22:50

That's cool :)
I'll look into the XP issue tomorrow, gonna be a bit tricky though since all of my PCs run Vista. That application is pretty much a big hack so it doesn't surprise me it doesn't work on XP (well, it sort of does. It's probably the window title being different or something).

Regarding the slow property screen, it seems as if it writes the property list pretty damn fast but fails to write the "I'm done" log file for some reason. I was wondering, maybe it's easier to write an XML format, making it easier for the scripts to read the data and more importantly; journal.

Code: Select all

<transaction id="someincrementalnumber">
  <propertyList>
     <property index=0 type="ship"><name>Some ship</name><health>100</health><etcetera>
  </propertyList>
</transaction>
That gets processed as soon as possible (whenever the XML file succesfully parses) and after 100 or so transactions, the game issues a command:

Code: Select all

<transaction id=101>
  <command type="swapLog" nextID=5095></command>
</transaction>
after which the game starts writing to log 5095 and the PHP scripts now read this and delete the old file (since it's no longer written to by the game, keeps things tidy and prevents the game from flooding your HD). Then after 100 transactions it switches back to the original log file.

This way the PHP scripts only read the complete information and 'know' what has been processed and when (transaction IDs can be stored in the database, together with a log). It also deals with possible file lock issues.

It's just an idea and I'm not sure how much can be done with X3's script language.

shadowcode
x4

Post by shadowcode » Thu, 11. Sep 08, 17:02

Here's a new version of the X3Hider that should work with Windows XP.

Unfortunately each of my machine runs Vista (and I tested it on a virtual machine that doesn't actually run the game), so please let me know if it works!

X3Hider-v0.2.rar

MattBlaK
x3tc

Post by MattBlaK » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 11:44

Hi all,

Is there a version of this for Terran Conflict?

Cheers,

MB
Adama: What do you hear, Starbuck?
Starbuck: Nothing but the rain.
Adama: Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49221803@N04/4513794198/

liquidx
x4

Post by liquidx » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 14:15

I would also like this for TC =)
___LiQUiD_X___________
DeadGod Gaming

Knight Shadow Wolf

Post by Knight Shadow Wolf » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 10:21

Okay here's the thing

I'm using XP Pro V3

I've followed the installation guide (Although I've noted the thing about X3hide just now whilst at work) and when I try local host from my wife's computer I can't get through. Now I've set up my NAT to allow port 7800. What am I doing wrong?
What do you know of war?

Knight Shadow Wolf

Post by Knight Shadow Wolf » Fri, 21. Aug 09, 11:34

Hello anyone home? :D :lol:

Look I really need help in setting up this program I've read the posts but it's a mite confusing. Can someone help please? It's embarrasing :oops: to have to ask but I do need help. Can any of you please help :?:
What do you know of war?

Knight Shadow Wolf

Post by Knight Shadow Wolf » Wed, 26. Aug 09, 14:25

Is there any version of this software that can keep X3R running in the background whilst I am doing other things such as working on a spreadsheet?
What do you know of war?

Demron

|X3RPM - Remote-Tool for X³ - Reunion| Question ?!?

Post by Demron » Thu, 17. Jun 10, 17:43

Hi folks,

well, some years ago I found a nice tool to get remote control over x3 reunion. So after I installed X3 Reunion again lately, I was searching for this tool again.

Finally I found it again :)
http://www.doomed.profusehost.net/x3.php?page=x3rpm

Sadly the Developer doesn't response anymore. So what's about the status of this tool ?! Does it work ? I really don't want to **** my X3 or even want to damage the savegames.
It would be great to control my x3 economy with a remote tool.

Any advise if I should use this one or not is welcome.

Thank you in advance

Demron

{Forum Rules. Merged. jlehtone}
mfg

Demron

Doomed498
x3

Re: |X3RPM - Remote-Tool for X³ - Reunion| Question ?!?

Post by Doomed498 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 09:00

Hey guys, just posting to let you know I'm not dead. It's been a fair while since the last release and I've been working on it on and off for ages now but really haven't found the time to get any major work done. The past few months I've made some progress with a new version of X3RPM, although it's kinda stopped of late due to lack of time and a crippling issue which I can't seem to get past.
Demron wrote:Hi folks,
Does it work ? I really don't want to **** my X3 or even want to damage the savegames.
It would be great to control my x3 economy with a remote tool.
X3RPM should work on all versions of X3: Reunion, it doesn't touch your save file at all so you should be fine. There's no more risk to your game than installing any other script.
X3RPM - X3 Remote Property Management | Thread | Site

ZyanKLee
x4

Post by ZyanKLee » Fri, 15. Mar 13, 22:45

Hey Doomed498,

with the linux release of x3r, I stumbled upon this script and found your repository after some searching. (https://www.assembla.com/code/x3rpm/subversion/nodes)
I would like to try to add linux compatibility to this script, but failed on php-5.4.6. With php5.3 sqlite2 was retired for its successor sqlite3.
Sadly, I am not good enough to port x3rpm to sqlite3. Is there any chance of you porting it?

I would send you a patch to implement linux compatibility, when I can test it.

Best regards, ZyanKLee

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”