AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

ticaki
x3

Post by ticaki » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 00:34

LV wrote:the bug is no the script, the only thing the script attaches to a TL is to call for help when attacked, the game is attacking the TL's not my script but i will look into disabling calls for TL's if they are not in thier own space
hm but with your script this "feature" is a never ending story. ^^

A argon ship can attack a boron ship one time and a boron ship can attack a argon ship one time. After the first kill the ships will reset there relations to all races except player. :)

(if race logic control is of the ships never reset there relations)

Greets ticaki

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 00:55

HALLO

As ive seen the Staions are not be replaced, that means it will get very lonely and dark after some huge fights. Wouldn't it be a great Idea to have a Replacement after lets say one or two hours gaming time at the position the old one was?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 02:07

Um, JTP comes with a station replacement script.

CO. Dragon Corp

Post by CO. Dragon Corp » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 01:16

Hi LV,

I wonder if you changed the script so that foreign TLs are not sending a request for help any more, yet?

Oh, and a question: ticaki said that your script is a never ending story. Is there no way a once started war (because of both sides responded to an attack) could come to an end after a while? I like the features your script adds, but I don't want to play "X3 1/2 - Infinite War" :D .
Commanding Officer of the 'Dragon Corporation'
[ external image ]

Myros
x3

Post by Myros » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 03:19

The problem (at least as the dev noted) is not that they are calling for help its that the enemy tag is permanent on them. Even if you remove the call for help they would still be attacked.

Maybe because they leave a sector mid battle and this mod never resets them? *shrug*

Hopefully whatevers causing it can be tracked down as this is a great script concept.

Myros

Tritous
x3tc

warning

Post by Tritous » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 08:36

this has a slight problem with things like the mercinaries guild. not a direct problem, but when you hire a team of corvette mercinaries to take out a station....

well put it this way, they failed their mission, and the 3 destroyers and 12 corvettes and goodness knows how many fighters quietly cruised off back to their respective homes.

if you have this enabled just don't pick a fight on anyone, you'll be crushed so painfully it's fantastic. about time the government did their job.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Mon, 12. Dec 05, 08:41

it is most pleasing to whatch the new ARMY

But a bit of balance is needed. Since where do they get their Ships from?
They are just continuing to grow.
Some kind of system is needed, that can limit the army

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 02:18

Hmm.. I'm surprised this hasn't been requested yet.

Would it be at all possible to apply this to player assets?

The scenerio I can think of would be that there would be two new special commands. One you would put on UTs, STs, or any other ship you want to be protected. The other you would put on the ships that would come to their aid.

A couple different commands for the rescuees could be based around the amount of damage they have sustained, so your forces don't jump just because they get scratched.

A couple different commands for the rescuers could be based around how they handle the jump. If they're without a jump drive in a neighboring (or same) sector, they would fly to attacked ship. If they have enough fuel cells to get to the target sector and back, they can jump.

This would encourage people to set up small ecell bases throughout the universe which would serve as bases for quick-response ships.

Anyway. I just think it would be awesome to have elements of your fleet scramble to protect those in danger. And I don't think it should be a HUGE change from what you have now.

acrh2
x3

Post by acrh2 » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 06:18

ALERT:

My game has been locking up consistently during combat in Xenon sectors. Loading a particular savegame a number of times would lock up the game in the same spot every time.

I was able to narrow it down to plugin.lv.jtp.respawnfabs.xml , because terminating this global process would cure the lockups.
This happens with multiple savegames in different situations.

Here's one of the original threads with a bad savegame:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=111047
C2Q 6700 @ 3.50 GHz, OCZ 2x2GB @ 400, EVGA Nforce 680 sli,
EVGA gtx 280 FTW , Mitsu DP 2070SB 22"
X-FI Fatal1ty, Klipsch 5.1 UIltra, Sennheiser HD555
2 x WD Raptor 74 + 2 x 150 GB Raid0, 850W + 430W PS

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 10:02

Hmn, i'm hoping the station respawn will not be needed soon anyway.

it can be disabled via the AL menu until i find the cause :)

Sadjevehzuz
x3

Post by Sadjevehzuz » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 11:13

Rikaelus wrote:Hmm.. I'm surprised this hasn't been requested yet.

I'm actually looking into this right now. LV has kindly given me the ok to borrow his concept and also reuse his code where applicable.

I was planning on doing it like this:

Create a new ship-upgrade. (Fight software MK3 or something) If a ship has a jump drive and the software (and perhaps other suitable upgrades) the command becomes available and the ship can be put on jtp duty.

Things I'm considering, should the ability to request help be automatic on all the players ships or should the player have to activate it? If so should it require a upgrade?
Should the jtp ships act from a home base and use it to restock e-cells?

Things i would like to do:
Make it so that jtp ships can be organized into taskforces which respond to a request for help as a unit (i.e. all ships in a taskforce responds to the same call).
Have different "alert levels" and allow the player to set different jump distances based on these. I.e. a ship might only be allowed to respond to a level 1 alert it it is within 5 jumps but would respond to a level 3 alert within 20 jumps.

So far all I have had time to do is dissect LV’s script and read up on a couple of things, due to work :/, but the holidays are coming up so I expect to have some time for it next week.
witty text here

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 18:24

Sadjevehzuz wrote:
Rikaelus wrote:Hmm.. I'm surprised this hasn't been requested yet.

I'm actually looking into this right now. LV has kindly given me the ok to borrow his concept and also reuse his code where applicable.

I was planning on doing it like this:

Create a new ship-upgrade. (Fight software MK3 or something) If a ship has a jump drive and the software (and perhaps other suitable upgrades) the command becomes available and the ship can be put on jtp duty.

Things I'm considering, should the ability to request help be automatic on all the players ships or should the player have to activate it? If so should it require a upgrade?
A great idea. I like new orders coming from new items in scripts. It seems more consistant with the universe that way. I would have their ability to call for help be based on whether or not they're ordered to - just for a good level of control. But that's me. I'm sure everyone would be content if it was just automated if they have the item.
Should the jtp ships act from a home base and use it to restock e-cells?
I had this idea also but didn't suggest it before since I figured this could get complicated. But then I don't know AL scripting so I can't be sure. If it's scriptable, I think them having a homebase assigned or not should suffice...
Things i would like to do:
Make it so that jtp ships can be organized into taskforces which respond to a request for help as a unit (i.e. all ships in a taskforce responds to the same call).
I'd only be worried about ecell stocks with this. What will happen if part of the taskforce has enough to jump to and fro, but other parts don't?

Oooh. This got me thinking about something really cool that could happen -- assuming it's at all possible. Could it be made that if a ST/M1 jumps and has fighters docked which are also assigned to aid, that those fighters could launch and attack? The harder part might be getting them to land so the carrier can jump back. That way only the ST/M1 will be using ecells and... well.. it would just look really cool. Just a thought. I got my first Mammoth last night and if I decked it out with 3 or 4 fully-loaded Nova's, my Mammoth would all of the sudden be very useful.
Have different "alert levels" and allow the player to set different jump distances based on these. I.e. a ship might only be allowed to respond to a level 1 alert it it is within 5 jumps but would respond to a level 3 alert within 20 jumps.

So far all I have had time to do is dissect LV’s script and read up on a couple of things, due to work :/, but the holidays are coming up so I expect to have some time for it next week.
This has my vote!

Good luck!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 14. Dec 05, 19:06

To add on the station respawn problem that has been highlighted if you have this running in your global script tasks when you turn this part of the plugin off delete it :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

scottyboy
x3

Sweet

Post by scottyboy » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 06:18

Hi im new to x3 ,im reading all this and have download the mod, just a couple of questions b4 i embark, will capital ship's respawn if thay come from say argon prime? it may get a bit lose round the edges if all the capital ships are getting wasted, and are you looking at a fix for say accidental damage to a station, as i have hit them with fire in prev fight's and ST's have a tendence to bounce off them when trying to dock, it's not that i mind getting my ass kicked or paying dick turpin but i would like to have done it deliberate rather than by accident, could prove costly
thanks

I am a nobody and nobody is special therefore i am special
{sTy}_{bOy}

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Dec 05, 12:30

Capital ships respawn

Station respawning now disabled via main dl link.

Can't type more as my coding arm is cuurently in a sling :|
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 23:27

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen this in action with 1.3 yet?
With the increase in threat level, I imagine this script will be in very high demand...

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 00:27

It will certainly be interesting :)

Updated to 1.2 to add more commands to the uninstall (not that i want you to:) )

1. Ships will now go back to their default action before jtp was initiated and also to their homesector if you have not run JTP as of yet.

2. Station respawning has been completely removed as i believe Patch 1.3 has this covered ;)

First page has the link
LV's TC Scripts

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 00:43

Yup, I'd been debating picking this mod up for awhile, but with the new "Xenon Invasion" in 1.3, I decided to finally take the plunge. I love the new aggressive baddies, but it seems stupid that I have to take on swarms of Xenon while the race fleets just sit around twiddling their thumbs. Hopefully this will help. :D

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 21:45

How do I know it's working?

I saw a cluster in Ore belt taking out my NavSat, (while in Kingdoms End), and stopped by CBNW to refill my stock of misssiles and mass driver ammo.
I was traveling, not jumping down to Ore belt (in my Buster) with my 2 wing men and thought I'd see if the Aragon Navy had cleared out the sector.
To my suprise, there were 2 clusters in Ore belt and the onlt other ships were 2 AI controlled traders, not a single Aragon navy ship.
I didn't have time to look if any of the stations had been destroyed, since the clusters were only a few km from the gate.
I looked in the artificial life menu and the Race Response fleet was set to yes...

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 21:55

I don't believe it responds in any way to your ships being attacked. I'm not even sure it responds to AI merchants.

But I do know that once I installed this script, a Khaak destroyer that had wiped out Ore Belt had soon disappeared.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”