AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

Post by LV » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 00:13

Name : X3 Race Response Fleets (JTP - jump to protect)

Description : AL Plugin providing improved response by races to aggression by other races(including the player)
Version : Redux 1.7a (Final)
Date : 3/12/07
Author : LV
Co-Developer : Toastie

Compatibility - Should work with all mods and scripts including XTM

[ external image ]

[ external image ] Cycrow Installer zipped package single download
Click download icon above for 1.7a download

I do have a zip/rar version on request but it has been removed from links as I got sick to death of talking people how to install via this method. If you require a non spk version (mac users for example) PM me and only if you know how to install using zip/rar without me needing to spoonfeed you.

[ external image ] full imperial script collection

Please note this is now packaged withCycrows Plugin Manager

All my scripts and plugins are in the file but you will have the option to choose which you wish to install.

One reason for this is RRF can tap into the signals in my Bountyboost script, please install this script as it has the option only to handle signals and not pay out if your not interested in the plugin. DMA also uses bountyboost signal handling so if your using that ;)

Keep your eyes on this also ;)
[ external image ]

Detailed description:

This plugin, once installed, will run in the Artificial Life menu automatically. The plugin can be disabled in the same way as any other AL plugin.

The purpose of the plugin is to make the response of a race to aggression by another race upon its military assets more realistic.
One of the big plus points of this plugin, is that it fixes the problem you would normally have with race ships completely ignoring attacks by the player on other race ships. For example if you destroy a station in a sector where there is a capital ship, the capital ship will normally ignore you. This will not happen with JTP. Both attacks on race ships and on race stations will be met with a considerable response.

When JTP response ship incurs enough damage from either by a Cruiser or above, or a wing of smaller ships, it will send an emergency signal to its HQ calling for help. Within a minute or so of sending the message, a number of capital ships (M1 , M2 or M6) will have jumped into the sector to render assistance (from within 12 sectors away from the troublespot), dealing swiftly with the aggressor. Combat ships in this sector will also be called in. If the aggressor then activates it's own response signal, its own response fleet will jump in creating a major skirmish in that sector. This normally culminates in quite a large fight between capital ships. Once the action is over the ships (if they survived) should then jump back to their original sector.

Players entertaining the notion they can still go wild in Race sectors will quickly learn otherwise!

Within your ships "Hotkeys" Command menu you will find "Attempt Notoriety Fix" , using this command in a race sector where it's assets are an ememy to you will allow your transgressions to be swept under the carpet for an ever increasing fee, Non payment or refusal is not advised. If you do happen to trigger a response you should wait until all the ships have jumped in before attempting to pay any fines or you may end up having to pay twice ;)

This plugin is not intended to make the game more easy, It is designed to give a realistic response to hostile situations involving a race's assets. If a player chooses to pick a fight he will get one! If the AI decides to attack another race, that race will respond to it.
Ships and stations in Pirate/Xenon Sectors are not attached to the network and will be unable to call for assistance.

Enjoy :)

Install & Update guide for existing RRF users and also removal and uninstall for any existing RRF user

1. Go into your AL menu
[ external image ]

2. Set the 3 RRF option to NO to turn it off
[ external image ]

3. You will get this message
[ external image ]

4. Wait until you get this message (SETA is your friend)

[ external image ]

************Note**********

If you are removing this plugin from X3 you can now leave the game and remove the plugin using Cycrows Plugin Installer, to be sure there will be no remnants of this plugin it's best to leave it about 1 game hour just to make sure!

If you are updating the plugin continue -

Once you have pressed "Understood" go back into your AL options (1) and turn the 3 RRF option back to On [YES]
[ external image ]

Once you have done this you will first get the difficulty option
[ external image ]

RRF Lite is old 1.5a version with tweaks.
RRF Balanced is normal option (adds missions +RRF Rangers and Bombers)
RRF Hostile, As above but also adds enemy ships (big ones that have the nice side effect of increasing performance due to the fact they are killing ships)
RRF Warlord (Hard)

Next you get the choice of if Getsu Fune was share ownership (very low chance of you getting it and only for limited duration before it reverts to the next race taking the hotseat)

[ external image ]

Next Question is the Pirate Switch. Choose if Pirate RRF ships are used (XTM), Bombers and Rangers should no longer respond outside pirate sectors.

Pirates should only have small amount of RRF Fighters and only if using XTM, vanilla should not have much or any RRF priate activity.

[ external image ]

Finally as XTM players have been whinging about Terran/Argon Hostilities there is the following option

[ external image ]
If you choose Set Terran To Friendly the Terran/Argon Notoriety globally will be +100

If you choose "Let Them Fight" the notoriety will not be altered from it's current levels.

Hotkeys
[ external image ]

Hotkeys are found in your controls menu under "interface"

RRF has 3

1. RRF Fix Relations
If any of the 5 races ships or stations are hostile to you just target any of that races ships in a sector owned by the race
e.g Split Python in Family Rhonkar

You will then be hailed with the option to fix your transgression, each time the cost of the fine increases!.

You are advised to leave the sector after paying and if the race's notoriety is lower than 0 to you ships will still turn red as this is a vanilla setting.

2. RRF Get Hostility Level

Sends you a temporary message displaying the current Universal Hostilty level

3. RRF Get Current Callers

Displays the current RRF Caller for the race your tracking aim is targetting.

***************NOTE***********
If you turn the plugin off all hotkeys are removed and when re-installing or resetting RRF you will need to rebind the hotkeys in your control menu again
____

_-_-_-_
BBS Information and New Missions
_-_-_-_

New missions if you choose them to assassinate Pirate Hackers causing what can only be described as universal genocide. If you keep your eye on the news network you will get pointers on how to find and kill these elusive assassins, once you do find them be prepared for the unexpected.
Also pilots of high combat rank can aid the 5 races in their fight against the Xenon and Khaak.

[ external image ]

Low level statistics will also be displayed for RRF fleets and the Universal Hostility level which can be lowered by completing missions and killing serious threats to the races.

If you do try the missions and complete the empire will reward you and tips can be found in equipment docks.

Race Response Bombers -
[ external image ]
When a race station or capital ship is in grave danger it will call in a RRB if one is available. There are a few small points you may wish to remember

:- Never get in range of one of these ships if you are the target!
:- Never be in range of one of these ships if it is destroyed!

Race Response Rangers
[ external image ]
M4 Class fighter which will be called in on occasions, armed to the teeth for it's class.

Carrier Support Logistics (This took forever)

All carriers will now use their fighter support wisely, If a signal is fired the carrier will first have all it's fighters dock before jumping in and deploying them against the target. If stray ships over 1 sector are found belonging to the carrier they will be released from it's duties. If a carrier has no support ships left it will jump to a shipyard to restock.

Additional JTP Skirmish Plugin
[ external image ]
Set to enabled by default this will have random race skirmishes occur which will be highlighted via the BBS. There is little chance of the skirmish occuring unless you are in the sector. If you do not want skirmishes enabled set the AL plugin to off. (Also some peace talks should be successful :) )

---
Tweaks done over the Beta builds

I've given the M1 code a good kicking for ships that were assigned to them. M1's should now release any ship that is in a different sector and pick up ships in their new sectors. From testing this seems to have helped with LAG alot!.

RRF ships will now respond to 20 sectors not 12 (M1+2+7 only), there has been muchus coding so that there response is more intelligent now so m6's should not jump in to fight an M2 if the fight is oos, RRF ship captains have now been trained to escape if their ships are in grave danger although they won't always make it.

Ships will now also repair themselves and M1+ M2 class will use the Direct Drive (see BBS) insector greatly improving response time, logic for RRF ships jumping in has been improved (hopefully) and they should not flood a sector with Capital class to help with LAG.

Ships will move around more now if no enemy's are found and skirmishes will happen where Vanilla TL's delivering stations are attacked outside their core sectors.

----
Beta 7
Bugfixes
+1 Trade docks in getsu fune fixed
extra gates fixed
fix relations )pirates now disabled)
all fixed hopefully

LV

RRF 1.6 Bugfixes

Gate spawning fixed

1.7 Bugfixes

AL Option now show if on or off
Player is messaged if he gets control of Getsu Fune
Hostility Levels are lower for all difficulty options except "Warlord" and are capped to lower levels when choosing Balanced or Hostile

Get Current Hostility Level Hotkey Added.
Option to Make Terran/Argon Notoriety friendly

_________

Please feedback on issues as i'm now happy with RRF and i classing it as finished.

cheers

(language files)

t = 448004.xml

slots <t id="221">Engage RRF Drive</t>
Last edited by LV on Tue, 1. Apr 08, 11:02, edited 54 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Marine
x3

Post by Marine » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 01:17

I get the password protected message on this file as well. what do I do?

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 01:30

I got file downloaded and installed fine..

Working well as I can tell..... continued with a save game too... so be interesting to see how things pan out.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 01:49

looks like it'll be awesome.......

[ external image ]

Marine
x3

Post by Marine » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 03:50

Where can I find my ship's "special" command menu?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 03:51

That is easy Marine, when you select your ship and go to the Command Console, there will be a special command menu to select along with navigation, combat, trade, etc. I believe you have to have the special command software for your ship though, which you can buy in any equipment dock.

Red Spot
x3

Re: AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets v1.0

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 04:08

LV wrote:...............scripts" directory of your "X2" installation.
Unpack file 448004.xml to the "t" directory of your "X2" installation.
Automatic
Just extract the zip file to your main "X3" directory

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall:

Delete the .xml files beginning with 'plugin.lv.jtp' and 'al.jtp' from the "scripts" directory of your "X2" installation.
Delete file 448004.xml from the "t" directory of your "X2" installation.

dont wanna annoy you .. but it might be confusing ..;)

G

Imperial Edit
----------
Cheers
LV :)
---------

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 04:54

Could this be done with NPC's as well?

What i mean is if a enemy, khaak cluster, xenon, or a crew of pirates decide to destroy a factory in a race sector, could this be made to check the universe and then retaliate in the same way?

It would really add alot of realism to the universe to see races actually protectiong their investments.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 05:44

DGN, that is the point of it, if anything attacks a race's assets, the race will respond, so if pirates attack a argon station, the argon will respond (Atleast this is what I am pretty sure happens as I had this script with x2)

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 07:15

BlackRain wrote:DGN, that is the point of it, if anything attacks a race's assets, the race will respond, so if pirates attack a argon station, the argon will respond (Atleast this is what I am pretty sure happens as I had this script with x2)
I hope that is how it works too, but till i hear from LV on it i'll wait to add it to my game. I generally don't try to take out the other races, but if it works as you say it does (not doubting you - just cautious is all) then at least the universe factories won't disappear like they have in some games without a fight.

Might make things really interresting in some sectors too.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 08:19

oh it works :o My titan just got swarmed by a crap load of novas and 2 otehr titans after attacking the colosus in the wall and winning lol

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 09:08

RaGodofTehSun wrote:oh it works :o My titan just got swarmed by a crap load of novas and 2 otehr titans after attacking the colosus in the wall and winning lol
ROFLMAO

Honestlly though i want to hear how someone entered a sector and seen 25 pirates getting their asses handed to them by a Boron ray or 2 after taking a few potshots at the local bofu chem lab.

That would add alot of life to the universe for me as i never attack a good trading opportunity :teladi: . Also i hate it when i see a ton of pirates or whatever attacking factories with ZERO repercustions from the locals. I got sick of seeing that in X2 where everytime you entered certain sector 30 pirates would be attacking the same factory for hours.

RaGodofTehSun
x3

Post by RaGodofTehSun » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 09:17

dgn master wrote:
RaGodofTehSun wrote:oh it works :o My titan just got swarmed by a crap load of novas and 2 otehr titans after attacking the colosus in the wall and winning lol
ROFLMAO

Honestlly though i want to hear how someone entered a sector and seen 25 pirates getting their asses handed to them by a Boron ray or 2 after taking a few potshots at the local bofu chem lab.

That would add alot of life to the universe for me as i never attack a good trading opportunity :teladi: . Also i hate it when i see a ton of pirates or whatever attacking factories with ZERO repercustions from the locals. I got sick of seeing that in X2 where everytime you entered certain sector 30 pirates would be attacking the same factory for hours.
Agreed BUT it is good pirate ship caping opertunity if i do say so myself :D anddamn my jump drive doesnt evercharge fast enough when facing off agaisnt other cap ships :D

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 09:23

RaGodofTehSun wrote: Agreed BUT it is good pirate ship caping opertunity if i do say so myself :D anddamn my jump drive doesnt evercharge fast enough when facing off agaisnt other cap ships :D
True enough, but i did only say factories :) . If they attack the big fat traders moving just a bit faster than a snail then cap those.

And jump drives never do, try escaping in a boron dolphin super tanker when you jump into a sector full of pirates.

Jump drive charging at 10 percent, 20 percent, 30 per..... BOOM (well i needed a coffee anyways)

SilverNixon
x4

Post by SilverNixon » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 10:56

Nice script, can't wait to try it out.

Can I go deeper into real situations and ask the following.

Assumming a pirate faction wants a very important cargo in a station and attacked it and the station owner retaliates resulting in a war between the race and the pirate faction. If such cargo is so important can the pirate faction send in reinforcements? It will be amazing to sit down and just watch such a battle. Obviously the race will win beacuse in the game, pirates can't cap/buy capital ships. But at least there is fun in watching those pirates' asses pounded with gamma photons.

:dreams: Holographic Gaming (Star Trek)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 17:55

No, as LV said, the only races that will respond are the main ones. Xenon/khaak/pirates will not send reinforcements. However, if Argon were to attack paranid, the paranid would send reinforcements, and then the argon would and a big battle would ensue.

McPa
x3

Post by McPa » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 19:04

Does this "spawn" ships or uses what's already spawned? If it doesn't spawn anything how does the stock re-spawning works?

Twelvefield
x3

Post by Twelvefield » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 20:03

I can't download this mod because both the EXE and RAR links in the website appear to be broken!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 21:29

my webspace needs a forcgrip every now and then, try again and it will come ;)

Marine
x3

Post by Marine » Fri, 25. Nov 05, 22:35

How do I get to my AL Settings? I checked the Gameplay menu and its not there I took a look in the manual as well and it says its not there.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”