AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 03:09

I just experienced what I believe is the same crash I've been having, but without RRF installed.. doesn't mean RRF isn't a cause of crashes though.. will have to investigate further.. I did notice this crash happened when an enemy ship using MARS turrets entered the sector.. will follow up in that thread.

Edit: After disabling MARS for enemy ships (and not using it myself), I installed rrf and have not yet crashed despite several heavy in sector fights involving pirates, kha'ak, and many RRF ships. RRF seems to be in the clear, thanks for all your work LV!

I've reported The MARS crash, but I won't be investigating it until I have at least an m6, which usually takes me a while...

Khas

Post by Khas » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 01:46

Cronos988 wrote:
adecoy wrote:is it possible to cap the ships this mod creates using the bail signal extension?
I see no reason why this should not be possible. However, Cap ships jump away once you drain their shields. So chances are not very high.
I've been playing around with this, I've got BSE on high settings, and I've even changed the morale and fight.skill values (so that they bail more often, and at a higher hull amount - with BSE anything nearing morale of 30 makes it very very hard to bail). I have not yet seen a single RRF ship bail, and I was just currently sitting in a sector with the pirates with 7x Marauders, 2x Reavers and 1x Carrack against the Paranids with 2x Zeus and god knows what else - the Marauders got creamed, but not a single one capped. I'm going to run a little test and set the bail rate manually to 100%, and see if they bail then, but I'm not hopeful. Maybe LV can shed some light on this? I've tried going through the jtp scripts, but can't find anything causing BSE to be ignored - in fact I don't think that option was ever put in, as it would just be a work-around to get round missions; but now that the ships are destroyed and recreated elsewhere, it shouldn't matter.

It's all very odd. I'll report back what I find.

EDIT: OK, modifications done: no explosions ever, bail always, bail when hull is under 100%. On bog standard ships it works perfectly - roaming raiders, traders etc. However it doesn't do diddly squat on the RRF stuff: they never bail, ergo you can never cap them (except through vanilla means maybe?). I wouldn't know where to start in LV's scripts to check what might be causing it - the only thing I can possibly think of is the 'am I taking enough damage to jump out' script is hogging the ship, as does the 'I am jumping out' script - in both cases the 'am I going to bail/damaged enough to bail yet/blow up yet/ doesn't run because it's waiting for the 'run away' to finish.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 11:36

RRF re-links all cap ships periodically and therefore over-rides BSE or any other script linking into signals, the only way you could alter this is to put a check into the plugin.jtp.global script which is linked to cap ships sig attacked command
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Khas

Post by Khas » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 16:51

LV wrote:RRF re-links all cap ships periodically and therefore over-rides BSE or any other script linking into signals, the only way you could alter this is to put a check into the plugin.jtp.global script which is linked to cap ships sig attacked command
I'm a newb at this: so I just call the BSE stuff from the RRF signal at the same time as you call your signal, and have them running side-by-side?

EDIT: Actually, in which of your scripts and where would I put the call to call the BSE scripts? Then once I've found which BSE script is the primary I can pop it in myself.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 06:48

A few questions about this brilliant mod:

How many response fleets those a race have?

Is the size of the response fleet that jump in to protect the same for all or is it based on some facts about their strength?

If someone eliminate the response fleet from one race will a new spawn/be build and how long time will that take, or will there be no more response fleet from that race?

Thanks for any help.

Tore

Alacard1
x4

Post by Alacard1 » Fri, 24. Apr 09, 09:20

I am also curious about RRF. It seems to kill my framerate by making the game jerk every few seconds. While sometimes this is understandable, I have eliminated all variables outside of RRF for this to the point of reloading my computer, manually loading codecs, installing the 93.xx Nvidia driver, etc.

As an added variable, I currently run XTM, but during my testing, I did not so therefor, while I'm sure it does run more slowly, XTM is not the cause.

My basic question is this:
Does RRF run faster after it's cleared out the "junk" (aka, small forces of raiders) & then run at an acceptable level? While huge sector battles will be slow, small skirmishes jerk allot (way too much to play the game for any length of time)

I am NOT saying that RRF is bad, I would love to use it.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 25. Apr 09, 08:08

Alacard1 wrote:
My basic question is this:
Does RRF run faster after it's cleared out the "junk" (aka, small forces of raiders) & then run at an acceptable level? While huge sector battles will be slow, small skirmishes jerk allot (way too much to play the game for any length of time)

I am NOT saying that RRF is bad, I would love to use it.
rrf will clear out ships but the vanilla engine will re-create them, in addition rrf is a large cpu loving plugin, run in conjunction with XTM it will slowdown the game as xtm is also a large cpu loving mod

use or use not to be blunt, i don't support my X3 RU scripts now as i'm too busy with my TC scripts and moderating

xxx73 wrote:A few questions about this brilliant mod:

How many response fleets those a race have?

Is the size of the response fleet that jump in to protect the same for all or is it based on some facts about their strength?

If someone eliminate the response fleet from one race will a new spawn/be build and how long time will that take, or will there be no more response fleet from that race?

Thanks for any help.

Tore
1. all m6-m2 craft will be converted to rrf

2. there is code to define how many ships jump into a single sector

3. the script does periodically add rrf ships if none exist for the race but not too many, the game engine creates the ships so a races rrf fleet can be slowed down but never killed off completely
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Yardryl
x3tc

Post by Yardryl » Mon, 27. Apr 09, 00:37

which portion of code should be modified to "... define how many ships jump into a single sector "? Great script in fact, love it.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Thu, 30. Apr 09, 05:27

Thanks LV for your information.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 1. May 09, 18:42

plugin.lv.jtp.callshipa

246 if $matt >= 2

and

253 if $asize >= 4

you would need to restart rrf for the changes to take place but the variables are set low because otherwise your looking at 1fps in sector Yardryl
LV's TC Scripts

Yardryl
x3tc

Post by Yardryl » Mon, 4. May 09, 15:10

thanks for your help Lv :)

Spikyrob
x3tc

Post by Spikyrob » Mon, 13. Jul 09, 21:51

Mazryonh wrote:OK, I think I've discovered what causes the bug. Maybe someone could fix it?

Anytime I enter a sector with a hostile station with an M6 Dragon I am not currently in, the Rapid Response Fleets immediately see that as some sort of hostile action. Trouble is, the stations were hostile only because I had bad initial reputation with the Argon and Boron, not because I fired on them.

I wouldn't mind hacking the hostile stations using Pirate stations, but the problem is that the moment I pay the fine for something as stupid as bringing an M6 I own in a sector with hostile stations, ALL the stations for that race then become non-hostile again!

Is this something that the mod-maker can fix?
Im not sure how low u can go in border sectors but if a race doesnt like u and u're in their core sectors they will waste your ships, oos or not i think.

Just in case you havent tried this - did you go into the options where you choose friend/foe etc and select "send to all reachable properties"? That has fixed any problems with any oos ships ive had so far with rrf. Yeah i realise my response is 6 months or so too late but some1 else night have this problem too ><

There's also a user-definable interface key that u can use to com a race ship and pay money to negate rrf hostilities.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 21:07

Thanks for the great script but I have a question...

Is it normal for the fleet strengths to be reported on the BBS to be over 100%?

I played my first game on X3R and I seem to remember they did go slightly above 100% occasionally but generally were a bit less. I started a new game and this time there way above 300% and now Argon has 424%! I'm worried it'll never stop and I'm playing a dud game. I've also stopped and start RRF but it didn't seem to help.

Actually in addition...

Like previous posters I have also noted that Ban Danna is missing from Argon One (well actually both there is two but I couldn't tell whether LV's previous post of a nuclear detonation meant he was hacked off about it or it explained why he was missing etc.) I'm just about to try the first mission (in a TS as it's all I have at the moment!) to see whether it buggers the game up as well.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 21:40

If you are playing XTM fleet strengths will be far above normal.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Mon, 20. Jul 09, 22:20

Sandalpocalypse wrote:If you are playing XTM fleet strengths will be far above normal.
Thanks for that - don't suppose you know the answer to the Ban Danna thing as well? I just completed the first couple of bits of the plot but I haven't had to talk to Ban Danna yet.

Actually will go find a plot walkthrough to see where, maybe if, you have to talk to this git.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 20:45

Well better just clarify in case anyone reads this and has worris about people saying Ban Danna has diappeared - I have no idea whether it's XTM or RRF that makes Ban Danna disappear but I've got to a part in the plot that needs Ban Danna and the git crawls out of the woodwork when needed so it's no problem.

RRF is still up there as an excellent piece of work. Hopefully one day I'll put some of my programming skills to use and pay all the script writers back with some of my own work.

kamikazi1231
x3tc

Energy Cells

Post by kamikazi1231 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 02:59

I did a freight scan on the rapid response ships and saw the expected energy cells for the jumping. Do the ships automatically obtain more energy cells because sometimes I'll notice that a sector will be on alert but no ships will jump in to help.

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 18:13

I have a bit of a problem with Ban Danna myself. RRF snagged the Argon One and turned it into a standard RRF Colussus. It eventually found it's way into Cloudbase Southeast, and for a while I was able to comm in normally and reach Ban Danna through there.

My problem is at this point in the plot:
Spoiler
Show
I have just gotten to the part where Kyle Brennan wakes up and you chase after him in the Nvidium Asteroid. After the event, you're told to head back to the Argon One. I know this is the right ship because Not only is Ban Danna on the Comms list, but both the Soulstar and the Nikonofune are flying around it, but comming either of them talk to me as if I still haven't done the mission.
If I try to comm Ban Danna like I have in the past, it just kicks me out to the menu as though he was never there.[/spoiler]
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Scourge225

Anyway to force start a mission?

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 02:05

Basically, the Rapid Response Fleet Script broke the Argon One in my game, and it's impossible to comm the person I need to.

Is there anyway, script or otherwise, that I can force the next plot mission to start?
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 02:18

change the base-codes?
afaik there's no way except starting a new game.
The problem here is, that the game needs a ship, that doesn't exist where it is said to be found. So the game can't continue it's "script" because a "line" is missing.

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”