AL Plugin : X3 Race Response Fleets Final 1.7a 3/12/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate This Script

1/5
3%
2/5
1%
3/5
2%
4/5
13%
5/5
42%
LV should be the father of my children
39%

Total votes: 622

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Tue, 21. Jul 09, 20:45

Well better just clarify in case anyone reads this and has worris about people saying Ban Danna has diappeared - I have no idea whether it's XTM or RRF that makes Ban Danna disappear but I've got to a part in the plot that needs Ban Danna and the git crawls out of the woodwork when needed so it's no problem.

RRF is still up there as an excellent piece of work. Hopefully one day I'll put some of my programming skills to use and pay all the script writers back with some of my own work.

kamikazi1231
x3tc

Energy Cells

Post by kamikazi1231 » Sat, 1. Aug 09, 02:59

I did a freight scan on the rapid response ships and saw the expected energy cells for the jumping. Do the ships automatically obtain more energy cells because sometimes I'll notice that a sector will be on alert but no ships will jump in to help.

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 18:13

I have a bit of a problem with Ban Danna myself. RRF snagged the Argon One and turned it into a standard RRF Colussus. It eventually found it's way into Cloudbase Southeast, and for a while I was able to comm in normally and reach Ban Danna through there.

My problem is at this point in the plot:
Spoiler
Show
I have just gotten to the part where Kyle Brennan wakes up and you chase after him in the Nvidium Asteroid. After the event, you're told to head back to the Argon One. I know this is the right ship because Not only is Ban Danna on the Comms list, but both the Soulstar and the Nikonofune are flying around it, but comming either of them talk to me as if I still haven't done the mission.
If I try to comm Ban Danna like I have in the past, it just kicks me out to the menu as though he was never there.[/spoiler]
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Scourge225

Anyway to force start a mission?

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 02:05

Basically, the Rapid Response Fleet Script broke the Argon One in my game, and it's impossible to comm the person I need to.

Is there anyway, script or otherwise, that I can force the next plot mission to start?
"Brilliant. Obviously that same hamster that drives your Autopilok is also throwing stones out the back end of your ship. When you need to jump somewhere he subsitiutes throwing E-cells to get there quicker." Vertigo_Edge

Shadow dream
x3tc

Post by Shadow dream » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 02:18

change the base-codes?
afaik there's no way except starting a new game.
The problem here is, that the game needs a ship, that doesn't exist where it is said to be found. So the game can't continue it's "script" because a "line" is missing.

Shadow
Wahre Gentlemen behalten sogar umzingelt von Löwen ihren Leitsatz: Ladies first.
Wann lernt die Gesellschaft endlich, dass Geld erst die Probleme macht, die wir haben?
[ external image ]
Topic - Gallery - Forum - Freiheit

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 02:26

I suppose I should be a tad more specific. RRF caused the Argon One to be turned into an RRF ship. However, Ban Danna is still on the same ship, and interestingly enough, in the past, i was able to continue the game normally as long as I could reach the ship and comm it.
Spoiler
Show
I'm now at the point of the game's plot where you're supposed to return with your father to the Argon One. Both the Soulstar and Nikonofune are flying around the "converted ship", but if I try to comm Ban Danna, the game just kicks me out of the menu.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Anyway to force start a mission?

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 08:27

Scourge225 wrote:Basically, the Rapid Response Fleet Script broke the Argon One in my game, and it's impossible to comm the person I need to.
That is essentially feedback about RRF. RRF author might know what his script does to the One, and other RRF users are better to know of that danger too. Merging.

The_Lost_Marauder

Re: Anyway to force start a mission?

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 10:31

jlehtone wrote:
Scourge225 wrote:Basically, the Rapid Response Fleet Script broke the Argon One in my game, and it's impossible to comm the person I need to.
That is essentially feedback about RRF. RRF author might know what his script does to the One, and other RRF users are better to know of that danger too. Merging.
so it would be better using RRF only after completeing the main plot, correct? :P

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 11:12

You have 2 options.

You could either do as above and switch off RRF, until the plot it done

Or

Install LV's cheat script and destroy the rogue Argon 1, then wait for the game to respawn it.

Either way, have a flick thorough this thread. There are other posts about RRF causing strange things to happen to Argon 1
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 20:44

Well, I destroyed the Argon One via LV Cheats. Turning off RRF didn't change much of anything, as it still sat in Cloudbase South East, aptly named "Argon Colusses". I still couldn't comm Ban Danna either.

Now I'm impatiently waiting for G.O.D to wake up and do something, but's been quite a few hours and nothing has happened. Looks like this save is defunct. 8 hours down the drain.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 22:59

I don't think thats right. When you stopped RRF, did you wait for the 2 messages to appear?

Also, I'm not sure about this though, but I think when ships are disbanded from RRF they go back to their orginal names? So "Argon One" should have appeared. Not "Argon Collosus". I think you may have been following the wrong one.

I also think there is a script mention'd in the thread called "Argon One finder" Which will tell you wether or not it is in your game.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Scourge225

Post by Scourge225 » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 23:43

Tried the Argon One Finder, it simply tells me it hasn't been found.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 10:12

OK. How about this?
Krashtest wrote:I've tried this script
I have written a fix script but you will need to test as i don't know how the game tags A1 as in my load the pilot name was not Ban Danna

the script below will create another Argon One (english version only) and maybe fix but you will have to tell me

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3scrip ... ne.one.xml

right click and save this file into your x3 scripts directory then run it manually via the SE once your game has loaded with r,enter,enter
The Argon One appear in Argon Prime, but there is no Ban Danna on board ..... :(
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

MarkusXL
x3tc

Post by MarkusXL » Thu, 14. Jan 10, 23:17

I have been reading this thread as I am really enjoying RRF but also want to complete the main plot someday.

I am using RRF with its default settings and it has been really great - in combination with Bail Signal Extension it has been the core of my ship salvage business! :lol:

I am pleased to report my Argon 1 is happy at the moment, but I'll be keeping an eye on it from now on... 8)

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 15:36

This has always been my favorite mod/script for X3R, and I used it without a problem in the past. I just started playing X3R after a long break and I set the Terran/Argon relations to friendly. The problem is they still attack each other, and my game will CTD after I watch them fighting a while.

How long does it take for the friendly relations to establish themselves? Normally I'll see a Terran/Argon fight about 5 minutes into a new game.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 1. May 10, 10:20

The Terran/Argon relations are set immediately, they must be at each other straight away meaning the reps starts dropping straight off

Lurka

Stations displaced?

Post by Lurka » Tue, 4. May 10, 02:27

Hello and thank you for the script, it makes the X Universe much more lively.

I'm playing X3R+XTM and I noticed that the shipyard in PTNI Headquarters was displaced after installing this script. Not sure about other stations, but I'll compare previous logs of Scorp maps when I have time.

What do you think is the cause of station displacement? Could it be a source of trouble?

Thank you,
/_urka

Kirou
x2

Post by Kirou » Thu, 6. May 10, 22:30

Thank you for this Plugin, its really nice, i am using it with xtm0.75
but after a while i stumbled over 2 tings.

The first:
There is a huge fighter fleet (m3 m4 and m5) of argon and split origin at the sector Kingdom end, first i thought this would may be a skirmish but they are just keep flying there they don't shoot each other, the sector just has 16 pages of ships on the sector map, that's a bug or will they start fighting at any time ?

The second:
I finally managed to find the Hacker mentioned in the BBS, just by luck.
He quickly turned into my arch enemy since
Spoiler
Show
he activated my Jumpdrive and sent me into a Xenon Core sector
It quickly turned into some Road Runner Cartoon like fight where i had to be the coyote, i did reload a dozen times and always came with other (mostly larger) weapons to fight him.
Spoiler
Show
First i tried to get him on my own and ended up in the middle of a Xenon Core sector,
i was amused until i realized that he also ejected my energy cells.
Then i came with a fleet of fighters, he always jumped away and destroyed them by his almighty hacking powers.
I used a bunch of fighter drones but he also hacked them to death.
After a while i became a bit frustrated. Then i thought he can't activate my JD when i have no energy cells to jump, so i ejected my energy cells and started to hunt him again, well the xenon at XS 547 did teach me that i was wrong. Next reload next try, meanwhile i just wanted that guy to be dead at all costs so i bought a teladi Tern and took my time to lay a lot of mines in that Sector, then i started fighter drones and expected that this rotten coward will sooner or later jump into one of my minefields while running from my drones and changing names. Well i was wrong ... AGAIN .. other ships flew into the mines and my argon reputation got bad..
Reload ... since i couldn't get close on him without he jumping me to a xenon sector i used Rockets but he also seems to hack those, they just vanished, so i used more rockets , swarm rockets, i fired a LOT of typhoon rockets at him and he couldn't kill them all, i finally managed to hit him !! (yaaaaay !) Then he jumped away and all my missiles exploded.... oh yes and i was facing the xenon again ..
Reload .. Since i hit him once with a missile i kept that idea.
this time i came with Firestorm Torpedos evil laughing , wasp missles and i got rid of my damned jump drive,
since the wasps nearly never hit a fighter target i came closer ( 5 km seems to be his activation range , if you don't come closer he will not do something to you) then i started some wasps and while he was distracted in killing them i started the firestorm Torpedos , then i continued firing wasps.. well one of the wasps hit him and he jumped away, so everythng was futile ... well not everything, i was still at the sector because i had no Jumpdrive to hack, now i could start to hunt him. but he always jumped away and if one of my missiles hit him his shield always did regenerate until i was in firing range again.
Reload ... i needed something fast and strong that kills him with one shot, so i bought a paranid agamemnon and started to hunt him with the heavy missile gun, since those missiles count as gun projectiles he couldn't disarm them, i needed a while but after a few minutes i managed to hit him directly with one of the antimatter missiles, BOOOM and AHAHAHA, FINALLY he was stardust.
it did cost me around 40 million credits and a lot of time to kill ONE fighter.. but finally he was dead..
BUT THEN ... i got the reward message..
Spoiler
Show
a little bit argon reputation and they where going to confiscate my ship within the next 3 minutes to exhibit it at a museum
First i thought that this is just a joke , well at least i think it was one since i could keep my ship but after that there was
Spoiler
Show
nothing
do you really get
Spoiler
Show
nothing
for putting up a hell of a fight against that hacker ? i was expecting to get the rapid response drive, or well at least something as reward .. but i just got
Spoiler
Show
nothing, not even the message got stored at my log
is this really the reward for defeating my arch enemy in one of the hardest quests i ever had in X3 ? :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 6. May 10, 23:46

Kirou wrote: The first:
There is a huge fighter fleet (m3 m4 and m5) of argon and split origin at the sector Kingdom end, first i thought this would may be a skirmish but they are just keep flying there they don't shoot each other, the sector just has 16 pages of ships on the sector map, that's a bug or will they start fighting at any time ?
I to have this problem. They never fight, but just clutter up Kingdom End. The only way I managed to resolve this problem, was to use the Cheat Pack. I used the "Destroy" option, so I took no rep loss. Only problem is, you have to destroy each ship, 1 at a time. So it may take a while to go through 16 pages!
Kirou wrote:The second:
I finally managed to find the Hacker mentioned in the BBS, just by luck.
He quickly turned into my arch enemy since
Spoiler
Show
he activated my Jumpdrive and sent me into a Xenon Core sector
It quickly turned into some Road Runner Cartoon like fight where i had to be the coyote, i did reload a dozen times and always came with other (mostly larger) weapons to fight him.
Spoiler
Show
First i tried to get him on my own and ended up in the middle of a Xenon Core sector,
i was amused until i realized that he also ejected my energy cells.
Then i came with a fleet of fighters, he always jumped away and destroyed them by his almighty hacking powers.
I used a bunch of fighter drones but he also hacked them to death.
After a while i became a bit frustrated. Then i thought he can't activate my JD when i have no energy cells to jump, so i ejected my energy cells and started to hunt him again, well the xenon at XS 547 did teach me that i was wrong. Next reload next try, meanwhile i just wanted that guy to be dead at all costs so i bought a teladi Tern and took my time to lay a lot of mines in that Sector, then i started fighter drones and expected that this rotten coward will sooner or later jump into one of my minefields while running from my drones and changing names. Well i was wrong ... AGAIN .. other ships flew into the mines and my argon reputation got bad..
Reload ... since i couldn't get close on him without he jumping me to a xenon sector i used Rockets but he also seems to hack those, they just vanished, so i used more rockets , swarm rockets, i fired a LOT of typhoon rockets at him and he couldn't kill them all, i finally managed to hit him !! (yaaaaay !) Then he jumped away and all my missiles exploded.... oh yes and i was facing the xenon again ..
Reload .. Since i hit him once with a missile i kept that idea.
this time i came with Firestorm Torpedos evil laughing , wasp missles and i got rid of my damned jump drive,
since the wasps nearly never hit a fighter target i came closer ( 5 km seems to be his activation range , if you don't come closer he will not do something to you) then i started some wasps and while he was distracted in killing them i started the firestorm Torpedos , then i continued firing wasps.. well one of the wasps hit him and he jumped away, so everythng was futile ... well not everything, i was still at the sector because i had no Jumpdrive to hack, now i could start to hunt him. but he always jumped away and if one of my missiles hit him his shield always did regenerate until i was in firing range again.
Reload ... i needed something fast and strong that kills him with one shot, so i bought a paranid agamemnon and started to hunt him with the heavy missile gun, since those missiles count as gun projectiles he couldn't disarm them, i needed a while but after a few minutes i managed to hit him directly with one of the antimatter missiles, BOOOM and AHAHAHA, FINALLY he was stardust.
it did cost me around 40 million credits and a lot of time to kill ONE fighter.. but finally he was dead..
BUT THEN ... i got the reward message..
Spoiler
Show
a little bit argon reputation and they where going to confiscate my ship within the next 3 minutes to exhibit it at a museum
First i thought that this is just a joke , well at least i think it was one since i could keep my ship but after that there was
Spoiler
Show
nothing
do you really get
Spoiler
Show
nothing
for putting up a hell of a fight against that hacker ? i was expecting to get the rapid response drive, or well at least something as reward .. but i just got
Spoiler
Show
nothing, not even the message got stored at my log
is this really the reward for defeating my arch enemy in one of the hardest quests i ever had in X3 ? :D
I've never managed to catch 1 of these buggers. Never got the 'clues', or even the offer of the XPS. But I have just had a look at the text file for this script. It looks like the only reward you get, is indeed a rep boost.

Slightly disappointing reward.

{Quoting seemed wrong, so I added some. jlehtone}
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 8. May 10, 11:07

This is a long range memory guess but i think the fleets in KE were/are XTM related but i could be wrong.

Well done by being the first to take down the hacker, you should have got a
Spoiler
Show
RRF drive or x shuttle
give yourself one of your choice as i'm no longer supporting TR scripts.

After reading that great account of the pain you suffered i may just port him over to TC if i can remember where the bloody code is

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”