[SCRIPT] Assassins Guild V1.60 : Update 07/08/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you rate this script

Excellant
65%
Good
24%
Ok
8%
Not so Good
1%
Terrable
1%

Total votes: 191

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 11:33

i do have a little bit of a triffle with it (sorry, but crittasioms is good when it means well, please don't scould me with boiling water :oops: )

i just hate having to land at a station to get a mission (race millatry in perticular) you in roled so the should have you comm number, so whay can't the just beam you the task at hand and you go YES/NO to it, cause i hate the BBS TBH

but its brill i feel i have a place in the Xverse now i am in the milatry

thanks for listnig (sarcky comment, WE READ IT NOT LISTEN)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 18:07

well the script was designed to use the BBS, so thats just how it works.

tbh, i dont think it would work too well as an incomming message, it just wouldn't feel right

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 18:12

suppose lol, i do think it would be good that they contact you,

but its your script :D

im working on my own but can't get it to work

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 08:13

I just downloaded and installed the script and on my first mission my target bailed from his ship, but I got a a message for completion of the mission along with experience and pay before I killed the ejected pilot. I thought I had to kill them to finish the mission?

Edit: Also sometimes the mission is completed without completely destroying the target ship.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Rudinho
x3

Re: Can't join the guild

Post by Rudinho » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 15:43

Cycrow wrote:
Rudinho wrote:I found a outpost in a Teladi sector, when i landed i got a BBS message "Welcome to guild! etc" but the text of the message goes out of the message box. There's no button at bottom to pay the fee or anything else.
were u able to scroll down on the message to get the rest of it ?
Negative, there's no scroll option.
BTW i get also readtext 7122 instead of text. Happens also to Ware converter(Nividium) and Arena Deathmatch (LV)

i found that readtext happen when theres no EMP, but XTM already has it.
I even installed EMP for 2.02 and it changed nothing.

Any help is welcome

P.S. It's a french X3 version
X3: Reunion SH3 and IV style Hunter :D
Asus P5QLD
Antec True Power 650W
C4Q 9550@2.8Ghz
G.Skill 4x1GB 6400 CL4
SSD X25 60GB
ATI HD6950 2GB

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 20:29

its possible the french text file is missing some of the text.

i cant remember when they actually got translated, so they could be using old versions. so it has missing text.

you could try to compare the entries with the english version and see whats missing

Rudinho
x3

Post by Rudinho » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 22:33

Cycrow wrote:its possible the french text file is missing some of the text.

i cant remember when they actually got translated, so they could be using old versions. so it has missing text.

you could try to compare the entries with the english version and see whats missing
Readtext BUG SOLVED

I checked polish forum and i found out that they often got that problem.
All i did i to open xml file and change the language id from 44 to 33 - french.

Now i see nice green boron ship hull repair system as well Deathmatch arena in AL menu, i had readtextes there before too . Now i have to wait if i get correct message feedback thru BBS.

One question remains, for ware replicator the file is .pck how i change it to xml?
X3: Reunion SH3 and IV style Hunter :D
Asus P5QLD
Antec True Power 650W
C4Q 9550@2.8Ghz
G.Skill 4x1GB 6400 CL4
SSD X25 60GB
ATI HD6950 2GB

Chieftonw
x3ap

XTM w/ Assassins Guild

Post by Chieftonw » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 08:39

I have been using this script and love it. However I am playing with XTM .73 and was wondering if there was a way to have the new ships included with the MOD to be included on the various missions? As it stands they only seem to include the basic ships that come with X3 and it would really spice things up if included all the XTM ships.

Chieftonw

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 23:30

it uses a set of library scripts to pick what ships to use.

unfortuatlly i never got round to adapting them to work with the latest version of XTM.

it did work with the old version and used the additional ships but not the new one.

if you want, you can add them manually to the scripts. Its fairly straight forward to add them

i have been working on a better ship selection library, but its not ready

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 05:49

What would I need to edit to include the new ships?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 07:49

the lib.cycrow.random files, theres 1 for each class.

in the file it has an array that stores the ship types. Simply add the ships to that array and then they will be picked

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 11:12

I was able to find and configure the file. It turns out it is the ship type followed by the number 2 that I needed to edit. I had tried the main file first and had no luck.

On another note, I recently noticed a problem with ships I have captured during Assassin mission using my HCF ship. It seems that after a certain period of time the ship will disappear. It happened twice with two TLs I had captured. Both were removed from the game with no warning or message. Any ship and cargo located in them was destroyed. If I reviewed the message log I would see a message about the destruction of my ships docked inside, but no reference to the actual TL. Any idea why this would occur?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 28. Jul 08, 17:49

it is possible that the mission was cleaning up the ships, althou it shouldn't be doing it for claimed ships.

did you get any message about the mission itself, ie failed or completed, etc ?

once you get one of those messages, the mission script should end and the cleanup will happen then, If its happening awhile after this, then it could be a different problem.

i assume u havn't had problems with other ships that you've captured ?

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 03:51

No, there was no indication in the message log regarding the ship or the mission. On one of the ships I never could find it and assumed that I had lost it to an attack, even though it was in my main sector where there are many warships and had lost no other ships. The other I got the message about the docked ship in it and was able to pinpoint the time it went away with that. Since it had been so long since I had captured them I never really thought much about it and had at first thought it was just a fluke. But only the ships I have captured from the Assassination missions ever went missing. So far it seems to be only an issue when the captured ship was the target. My LX which I got during one of these mission has been with me the entire game, but it was a support craft.

I never received any message of failure or success on any mission that I captured and kept the ship.

I am not sure if this matters, but I did notice that after I captured a ship it kept the same pilot, which was also the one mentioned in the mission as the target. The pilot did not change even if I entered the ship. I have just captured a ship and have removed the pilot and will see if that has any impact on the problem (in several days). I have also tried flying the ship to the sector it was heading toward and got no response regarding the mission.

Chieftonw

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 12:28

well, at a guess, i would say the HCF is interferring with the missions target.

as the script was never designed to work with such things, this could be a problem.

if you cap a smaller ship the usual way you have to kill the ejected pilot to complete the mission.

im guessing that it is the mission cleanup thats killing your ship as the mission is getting confused when you cap it, as big ships are not usually captured

Chieftonw
x3ap

Post by Chieftonw » Wed, 30. Jul 08, 03:03

Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 18:24

I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 13:47

Chieftonw wrote:Do you think that removing the pilot will fix the problem?
its unlikly to make a difference, the best fix for such a problem would be to make it compatable with the HCF and allow the mission to end when its captured.

the main problem here is that, the mission relies on signals, either killed or captured signals to know when to end the mission. And when capping in the HCF its unlikly such a signal will happen so the mission doesn't get told it needs to continue, and just evnetually times out.

there are 3 ways to fix this, none are really that suitable thou. The first is to create a watch a script that constantly checks the owner of the target ship and forces a competed mission if the owner is changed to the player. Abit messy, and lots of potentinal problems, but should work.

The 2nd would be check the owner in the timeout of the mission script itself and then complete the mission at the end. This would work the best, but it means the mision will only complete when the time runs out and not when the ship is captured

the 3rd would be to add something into the HCF scripts themselves to trigger it, but this would also be difficult to accomplish and would need XTM to make some changes.
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild

THE BL1P
x4

Post by THE BL1P » Sat, 6. Sep 08, 10:28

Cycrow wrote:
THE BL1P wrote:I have a small problem with the script it wont award me any cash or points for kills anymore its just stuck at lvl 1 -- 1250 points and all im doing is blowing up ts ships and i get no message when i do..
this is almost definatly a signal problem, most likly you have some script or mod that is reassiging the killed signal to something else, so the mission complete script is never run. The most likly culprit would be LV's bounty boost script, which is not compatable with any other script that uses the killed signal, like the Assassins Guild
Thank you very much for the fast reply and yes i am running the LV bounty boost script .
Ill stop that script to progress in yours :)

once agian thank you

Roderick Gibson
x3

Nothing Happening at the outpost

Post by Roderick Gibson » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 09:29

Hi

Have just installed this. I have ssen a few ships highlighted in yellow as assasin ships and have had a few BBS at stations inviting me to fly to an outpost (Dark Waters). So I did. i docked, nothing on the BBS, no messages at all, just blank, nothing in trade, jsut blank, some names in comms, bit each gives a blank response to a comm.

Am I doing it wrong?

Using

XTM 0.7.4

Other scipts

Bounty Hunters Guild
Bail Signal Extention
System Take over script
Advanced Jumpdive

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”