MH_AdvJumper

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DarthVain
x3tc

MH_AdvJumper

Post by DarthVain » Fri, 16. Dec 05, 05:36

milling_hordesman's excellent Advanced Jumper was a great script used in X2.

Is it possible that this excellent script could be recreated for X3?

see http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=77552

That would be awesome :D
Another one bites the dust!!

DarthVain

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 21:20

It would be nice, wouldn't it. There's no way to find out if someone has, though. You see, the people who control this board have elected to turn off the ability to do searches, so there's no way to look it up. It's funny: they say they turn off searches because the board's too busy. Well, maybe it's so busy becuase people can't search the board for previous info, so they gotta post to try to find out what's already there somewhere but they just can't find it.

Can you say "Catcha-twenty-two"?
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 21:30

thats y u have the handy sticky at the top which has links to all most of the scripts posted here ;)

RRRoamer
x4

Post by RRRoamer » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 21:42

What would be REAL nice is if they they would actually LOCK some of these stickies so ONLY the mods can add content. I am so sick of seeing a sticky on something important (say 1.3 status for exampt) that is pushing 50 pages in length with only ONE freaking post with actual information!

Is that really so hard? Heck, give them TWO threads: one locked for INFORMATION only and the second one unlocked for discussion.

Naw. That makes sense....
--RRRoamer

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 21:50

well, as far as the stickys in here go, usually if you just look at the front page

the community scripts list and tutorials both have thier first post edited will all the information you need

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:07

Cycrow wrote:thats y u have the handy sticky at the top which has links to all most of the scripts posted here ;)
OK, if I look at the first post of that thread (no way to search the thread, of course), I see no mention of an AdvJumper mod. Does that mean it doesn't exist? Or that it exists but hasn't been added (or requested to be added)? Someone could have written one but just not be to the point yet where they want it added to that post (since that post is for scripts in "released" state).

Regardless, without a search ability there's no way to know. Hence people have to post requests asking, since they can't do a search. Which increases board activity, which decreases chances that board controllers will enable searching. Like I said: catch-22.
- Homer Simpson

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Dec 05, 22:11

well, no ones released such a script onto the forums yet

Birdman
x3

Re: MH_AdvJumper

Post by Birdman » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 09:08

captainfred wrote:milling_hordesman's excellent Advanced Jumper was a great script used in X2.

Is it possible that this excellent script could be recreated for X3?

see http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=77552

That would be awesome :D
Have you tried PMing MH to see if he is updating his script for X3? Might be something to try. :idea:

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 18:27

Birdman wrote:Have you tried PMing MH to see if he is updating his script for X3? Might be something to try. :idea:
i haven't heard from or seen MH since long before X3 came out. I think he's moved on...

DrunkenPirate
x3ap

Post by DrunkenPirate » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 22:13

That's a damn shame if so, because I loved this thing in X2 and was really looking forward to the possibility of seeing it in X3 :( :(

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Thu, 22. Dec 05, 22:27

Ironically, there's no way to find out the last time MH posted, as you can't search the forums. I'd LOL if it wasn't so tragic.
- Homer Simpson

diegonv40

Post by diegonv40 » Thu, 15. Jul 21, 19:21

I know its 16 years later.. but i have updated the mod to work with x3 reunion, just check the last page of the milling_hordesman's script page (the link above)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”