Script : Dock/Undock TS/TP Class at TL or M1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Silver Surfer
x3tc

Post by Silver Surfer » Thu, 20. Apr 06, 16:10

I've been using this script for a while and it's been working ok.

Occasionally you have to repeat the orders to get it to work but today it's refusing to work at all if I'm in the same sector. If I fly to a different sector then it works but even then I'm having to issue the command four or five times and my Mercury will go so far and then 'lose' the command.

If I'm in sector and give a command I get the 'Command rejected, comand accepted' line but nothing happens. If I then dock my Mamba with the Orca I can change ships to the Mercury but it's 'frozen' in space (the Orca's hold?) and I have to reload the game.

Any ideas?
Music inspired by the X Universe: Follow Hollow Infinity on Soundcloud Hollow Infinity on the Cloud

Buy X themed music and other wonderful tunes and help your independent, starving composer at Hollow Infinity on Bandcamp

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 20. Apr 06, 20:47

this was puzzing me but i think i have sussed it.

while testing convoy's i noticed how bad the CD is for a TS docking at a mine in sector.

I assume the code tweaks have made it so the TS never gets to the positions it needs before executing the enter TL command as it's too busy avoiding the object.

try this fix.

open plugin.dockts.atTL

Code: Select all

073 @  = $ts -> call script '!move.movetoposition' :  sector=$tssec  position x=$x  position y=$y  position z=$z  precision=2500
to

Code: Select all

073 @  = $ts -> call script '!move.movetoposition' :  sector=$tssec  position x=$x  position y=$y  position z=$z  precision=5000
change the 2500 to 5000 and let me know if that fixes it
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Silver Surfer
x3tc

Post by Silver Surfer » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 01:02

Cheers LV, I'll try it out although I may have found a solution (at least for out of sector command issuing). I had the Mercury's home base set to the Orca but I changed it to a complex and that seemed to work. Didn't try it IS, got caught up doing other things.

The other thing I noticed was, when the Mercury's home base was the Orca and the Mercury was undocked from it, if I ordered the Orca to jump to a different sector a few seconds later the Mercury jumped to the same sector on its own account. I had commanded it to dock at a station.
Music inspired by the X Universe: Follow Hollow Infinity on Soundcloud Hollow Infinity on the Cloud

Buy X themed music and other wonderful tunes and help your independent, starving composer at Hollow Infinity on Bandcamp

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 6. May 06, 10:40

A modder named Andras created a mod called Exodus Fleet. In it there's a M0 mother ship, a M1, and several support and combat ships.

One of the support ships is called a Trader Hauler, max cargo of 1250, 220+ speed, armed with main guns and front and back turrets. It its an EFS TS, but the game thinks of it as a M3. This means it can dock at any internal docking bay of ship/station without mods.

The author used the old X2 Argon Express bod for the ship, so its size is small enough to fit in hangars and launch doors.

And somebody explain to me why G0's are the size of Nova's, but have to dock externally of Trading stations and such?
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Mon, 8. May 06, 18:55

Here's an idea.

There must be a way to get the factories inside the stations, right?

How about the freighters and starfighters that dock take up a certain amount of room up to a certain number of ships smaller than an M6 (eg TS and TP's and smaller). That way the player is restricted but can still dock whatever he wants into it.

Or a second idea is to have several external docking ports for the ships that are inside the shields so that the TS (or whatever) jumps and/or moves with the capital ship.
Afraid! You don't know the meaning of the word!!!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. May 06, 19:14

I did a quick test, and made a new TP (Express Vanguard), and changed it to an M3 (ID/class descriptions in TShips). It'll dock in TL/M1s like any other fighter. Without a script.

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Mon, 8. May 06, 19:50

Ok. I'm interested how did you do that?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Mon, 8. May 06, 19:56

He edited the tships.txt file (after extracting the game cats) and altered the ship class identifier on the Express from TP to M3.

The maker of the Exodus mod did something similar when he added the old X2 TP Express model and classed it as M3 so it could dock with the mothership.
Last edited by Jakesnake5 on Mon, 8. May 06, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 8. May 06, 20:02

Yep. In my case, I copied the Argon Express, and pasted it after the last entry at the bottom (make sure the "sorted" check box is UNchecked). Changed it's variation index to a Vanguard (can't remember the number off hand) to make it unique. Then I changed the class description to match that of an M3 (again, can't remember the number). Finally, changed the ship type (one of the top entries on the info tab) to M3. In game, it is read as an M3 (has the M3 icon as well).

You could just as easily do it with the existing Express/other TPs, but that would change all of them, even the ones the NPC fly. This is why I made the Vanguard variant, so it wouldn't affect the NPC.

Since the script allows TS's to dock as well, I suppose in theory you could do the same thing to a TS entry. That is if you don't want to use the script.

The Shadow Wolf
x3

Post by The Shadow Wolf » Tue, 9. May 06, 15:49

Where can I find the tools for editing those files?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 9. May 06, 15:59

Look in the community sticky on the top of this page. :) Specifically doubleshadow's tools.

BongTut
x3

How to dock @ a TL ? Best kept secret in the universe...HELP!

Post by BongTut » Thu, 25. May 06, 08:46

I Know this sounds stupid,...but I have yet to find the way to dock ANYTHING on a TL...nothing in the manual...or FAQs...there is somthing I am totally missing, can somone please help a cluless person?

BlackRazor
x4

Re: How to dock @ a TL ? Best kept secret in the universe...HELP!

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 25. May 06, 10:10

BongTut wrote:I Know this sounds stupid,...but I have yet to find the way to dock ANYTHING on a TL...nothing in the manual...or FAQs...there is somthing I am totally missing, can somone please help a cluless person?
1) Make sure the script editor is enabled in your game (check stickies on how to do that)

2) Install the script, on this page you will find both the spk and the zip version, choose the one you prefer

3) Install a Transporter Device on the M1/TL.

4) Go to the command console of a TS/TP and you should find the "dock" command (if I remember correctly it should be in the navigation menu)
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Apollo434343
x3

Post by Apollo434343 » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 16:38

I installed the Dock TS script as the instuctions said but I don't get any command Dock TS in my NAV command list.

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Fri, 2. Jun 06, 17:16

if u don't sit in the ts than go to navigation >> dock ts

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 13:03

Installation:

Do we extract ALL 4 xml files to the scripts directory?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 9. Aug 06, 20:13

find the directory where your x3.exe is and just extract the zip to that location
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 04:52

Can it be done, so the TP will think my TL (mamont) is a station or so? so they will act like any other ship that docks to it?

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 04:57

Donsja wrote:Can it be done, so the TP will think my TL (mamont) is a station or so? so they will act like any other ship that docks to it?
Yes... But by moding a line in the components.txt (not scriptable).

The XFP mod takes advantage of changeing the docks so TS/TP's can dock at a TL / M1 as if they were a fighter. :wink:

Donsja
x3tc

Post by Donsja » Fri, 11. Aug 06, 05:03

where do i find that mod? did a search of XFP and didnt find anything..

And what else dos it do? since the only thing i wants modded atm is the docking problem.

btw any hope of a new patch where they will fix this? so maybe only one or 2 can be docked?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”