Script : Dock/Undock TS/TP Class at TL or M1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TheZapper
x4

Post by TheZapper » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 20:26

found it... very nice.

Haven't tried M7's yet; but I'm happy camper.... nice script (/tips hat to the author).

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 03:49

I don't think ships that can dock ships should dock into ships. :D

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Wed, 20. Dec 06, 06:47

arcana75 wrote:I don't think ships that can dock ships should dock into ships. :D
Yea, just checking if that had been tought of, anyway can anyone point me to a guide to add external docking slots to a ship ? I would like to do like the M7 but take the same principle and add it to the M2, so do i have to make a new topic or can i just get a straight-forward answer here ?

bunk
x3

Docking flexibility

Post by bunk » Thu, 21. Dec 06, 06:42

Sesk wrote:
arcana75 wrote:I don't think ships that can dock ships should dock into ships. :D
Yea, just checking if that had been tought of, anyway can anyone point me to a guide to add external docking slots to a ship ? I would like to do like the M7 but take the same principle and add it to the M2, so do i have to make a new topic or can i just get a straight-forward answer here ?
Seems that there's always a bigger fish. That is, those ships that dock ships will also want the flexibility to dock too, right?
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Mani_
x2

Post by Mani_ » Thu, 17. May 07, 14:05

Please correct the download file.
It does not exist :/.

Thanks
http://forum.xudb.pl/index.php - ciekawskich zapraszam

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 18. May 07, 16:43

Beam Dock Script by LV and Apricotslice

try this one it's an update of my DockTL

Argon prime
x2

main directory?

Post by Argon prime » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 00:59

were is the main direc ?

Fox Trader
x3

Post by Fox Trader » Wed, 19. Sep 07, 15:10

Thanks for Docking... F.T., Prague, czech Rep., EU :lol:

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 14:26

This link doesn`t work.
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 2. Nov 07, 15:04

Woundweaver wrote:This link doesn`t work.
You must use the second link, I just checked and it works.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Gandalf The White
x3

Re: Script : Dock/Undock TS/TP Class at TL or M1

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 19:11

LV wrote:As it says on the tin. I don't know if someone has done this yet but as it took all of 15 mins to write...

Found in the ships navigation menu as "Dock Transport"

The command will work on TS + TP class ships for docking at TL's as long as they have a free dock bay, The script has been updated so you choose the ship you want to dock with or undock from via the command and your ship will dock, If it is in another sector it will fly to the specified TL

Also added, TP class ships can now dock at M1 Class Carriers :)

The Dock TS command also will remove the ship from your TL in sector, (oos you can use the ego Fly To Sector Script)

WARNING You must not be in the ship when docking it or undocking or you will stranded inbetween the game and the twilight zone :)

Install, Extract to your main x3 directory.

Uninstall - Delete the 2 scripts your downloading the the 448003 file :)

The command costs nothing and is available on TS ships as soon as you install it

Download Link
Download Link Cycrow Installer

If anything else needs adding to this code as it's a quick and simple fix let me know :)
---------------------
COMMAND_NAV_250
hi lv,

i've downloaded the installer, what actually do you do with it because it's a .sdk file. where do you actually put it? you can't just click on it to install, and as for the scripts, do you just drip it into the main part of the x3 directory? because i've looked and there's a scripts folder there as well. which one do you put it in.

thanks.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 19:46

Use Cycrow's plugin manager to install the spk.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 19:48

Carlo the Curious wrote:Use Cycrow's plugin manager to install the spk.
right. where do i install that to or does it matter?
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 20:27

Don't think it matters, although you probably need admin rights - see the plugin manager thread.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 20:46

hi,

unless i've seriously done something stupid here,

i've installed the plugin manager to the main x3 directory, C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Reunion

i assume that's where it needs to go. i then clicked on the script, it installed successfully. so what command do i use to get the ts to dock with the tl? i can't seem to get it to work no matter what command i use. it says in the plugin manager that the script is running, but other than that, i can't get it to work. i from with in the tl, focus on the vestle i want to dock with me, so i find my dolphin, i go through every single nav command that i can find. none of them works. i have no idea why. i've even tried setting as a home base. do you have any ideas?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 21:03

from the readme:

Found in the ships navigation menu as "Dock TS"

The ts ship will find the nearest TL ship of your's in the sector and as long as the TL has a Transporter Device and a free docking slot the ship will dock. If it is over 5k from the TL it will fly to it first.

The Dock TS command also will remove the ship from your TL In sector,(oos you can use the ego Fly To Sector Script)

WARNING You must not be in the ship when docking it or undocking or you will stranded inbetween the game and the twilight zone

Install, Extract to your main x3 directory.

Uninstall - Delete the scripts your downloading the the 448003 file :)

The command costs nothing and is available on TS ships as soon as you install it

although there is a link to another updated version of this script of few posts up on this page. have not looked at it myself though
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 21:13

right. so do i click on the ts i want to dock first, then go to it's navigation menu?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 21:23

yes
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 21:32

right. i can get him in, but i can't get the little begger out. so how do i get him out? i've tried saying fly to, that doesn't work. what next?? how do i beam the vestle out.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Thu, 3. Apr 08, 21:53

ok friends, i got it to work.

thanks for being pacient. jees if i had enough sight to read bloody text i would have had this worked out in a flash. god it's so simple now i feel bloody stupid. thanks anyway.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”