Script : Dock/Undock TS/TP Class at TL or M1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Script : Dock/Undock TS/TP Class at TL or M1

Post by LV » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 00:02

As it says on the tin. I don't know if someone has done this yet but as it took all of 15 mins to write...

Found in the ships navigation menu as "Dock Transport"

The command will work on TS + TP class ships for docking at TL's as long as they have a free dock bay, The script has been updated so you choose the ship you want to dock with or undock from via the command and your ship will dock, If it is in another sector it will fly to the specified TL

Also added, TP class ships can now dock at M1 Class Carriers :)

The Dock TS command also will remove the ship from your TL in sector, (oos you can use the ego Fly To Sector Script)

WARNING You must not be in the ship when docking it or undocking or you will stranded inbetween the game and the twilight zone :)

Install, Extract to your main x3 directory.

Uninstall - Delete the 2 scripts your downloading the the 448003 file :)

The command costs nothing and is available on TS ships as soon as you install it

Download Link
Download Link Cycrow Installer

If anything else needs adding to this code as it's a quick and simple fix let me know :)
---------------------
COMMAND_NAV_250
Last edited by LV on Tue, 5. Dec 06, 17:54, edited 6 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 14:05

WARNING You must not be in the ship when docking it or undocking or you will stranded inbetween the game and the twilight zone

LV
i allways wanted to enter the twilight zone. I am going to have to try this.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 17:14

Excellent! Thank you very much for this.

PSNH98
x3

Post by PSNH98 » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 18:22

WHY CAN'T YOU DOCK A FREIGHTER ON A MAMMOTH OR A COLOSUS ??
IS THIS A GAME DESIGN CHANGE OR A BUG ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 18:25

thats what this script is for, so you can dock them :P

its not a bug, it was a choise

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 18:40

PSNH98 wrote:WHY CAN'T YOU DOCK A FREIGHTER ON A MAMMOTH OR A COLOSUS ??
IS THIS A GAME DESIGN CHANGE OR A BUG ?

the thing is ..

5 superfreighters (or what the huge ones are called)
are about as big as an TL .. but up X (where X>5) can dock at them ..

making its bay even bigger as it already is ..

so the people at egosoft probably didnt want that to happen
(and the fact that in X2 where this could .. people where complaining about it not being realistic ..)

(and now they are complaining about it not being possible .. :roll: )

G

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 18:52

ii think the best thing to do would be to make a shuttle class
like the TS from X2 and use them to dock and supply the capitol ships

then at least the tls will be close to the descrition ;)

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:04

Red Spot wrote:5 superfreighters (or what the huge ones are called)
are about as big as an TL ..
No. Have a look (ship scale comparison):

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/1561/scaled9qc.jpg

The hanger door is another issue, though.

But I like that there is now a limit to how many ships can be docked. Having the possibility to buy 2 or 3 cargo ships in one sector and transport them to the sector they are supposed to work in is a big plus in my book.
Last edited by X-it on Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

MadACR
x3tc

Post by MadACR » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:05

I vote that the tp class be ussed as that shuttle class

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 19:38

Thinking about this a bit more: The TLs can transport the factories, so they should also be able to transport ships that are supposed to dock in the factories.

Granted in X2 and earlier versions the factories appeared to come in construction kits that were assembled on site, but in X3 they apparently ship completely assembled (or does anyone of you get the construction video in X3?).

:)

Maulkye
x3

Wow

Post by Maulkye » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:42

I'd never seen that scale map.. I like it!

There really isn't any good logical reson not to have freighters dock in TL's. TLs have up to 60,000 ST spaces. They just need to make docked ships take up cargo space instead of "hanger slots". A ship should take up more space than it's cargo hold.

TL's are simply massive, and have good cause to want to tote TS ships around: To protect them while travelling or jumping over larger distances and then to launch them to do transport work when they get where they want to be.

I suppose it was probably some kind of game balance decision... or maybe a byprodcut of mechanical miscalculation (docking bay and opening sizes).

At any rate, I just added M3 "transporters" to my game. I juggled the settings around till they worked more like a TS than an M3... and they fit in my TL just as nice as can be... hey, that rhymed! :D

X-it
x3

Re: Wow

Post by X-it » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 20:58

Maulkye wrote:I'd never seen that scale map.. I like it!
It's great, and it was quite an eye-opener. It was a bit unfair of me to simply post a link to the 'raw'-picture. Here is the link to the entire thread, where you can thank the author(s), and see that this 'picture' involved quite a lot of work:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

klaatu
x4

Re: Script : Dock/Undock TS at TL

Post by klaatu » Fri, 23. Dec 05, 21:33

LV wrote:WARNING You must not be in the ship when docking it or undocking or you will stranded inbetween the game and the twilight zone :)
When referring to "the ship", are you talking about the TS, the TL, or both? I would imagine you can be piloting the TL but not the TS, but I don't want to "assume" anything here.
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 14:24

The TS :)

Also by some idiotic reason Iused one of my existing t numbers, pls re-download and delete 448803 from yout 't' directory then re-install the zip :)

RustyBayonet
x3tc

Post by RustyBayonet » Sat, 24. Dec 05, 20:37

TLs not being to dock, internally or externally TPs or TSs is a real pain. I use two Pirate Falcons stripped down to nothing but one 25MJ shield to ferry e-cells to the TL. What I would like to see if to be able to have a shuttle craft that can internally dock, hold say 600 to 800 L crates. You could balance it by having the shuttle be very light duty, say just one 25MJ shields, low hull density not able to mount weapons or missiles only do say 100m/s.

I considered adding a ship called the 'Teladi Kestrel', which was going to be a 'salvaged' Pirate Falcon. The 'Kestrel' had been 'gutted to increase cargo space', no laser generator, a low power shield generator that just managed 1x25MJ shield, can't fit missiles etc. The idea was it would hold about 600 L-crates (or maybe just Ms) and whose sole use was to supply the TL. In the end I went off the idea as I didn't want to use a Mod in my game.

Cisor
x4

Post by Cisor » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 22:11

A couple of suggestions/requests for this, LV:

1) Allow us to select the ship to dock at. When there are multiple player TL's in sector the script chooses the nearest.

2) Please implement this for carriers too. It's a good way of solving the carrier jumpfuel resupply problem.
Last edited by Cisor on Mon, 26. Dec 05, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

Cisor
x4

Post by Cisor » Sun, 25. Dec 05, 23:57

Edit: Nevermind
Last edited by Cisor on Tue, 27. Dec 05, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

dukesatan
x3

Post by dukesatan » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 01:43

Personally as i see it the "Hanger" of any TL should be of a certain size, be it transported in or an opening door, this should lead to a limit of the capacity of ships to be docked, not a specific number, so say 3 super TS's or 5 normal TS's, or maybe 10 Falcons etc. this is a rough idea from my brain not suited to actual figures, but the hanger bay is seperate to the cargo bay and of a fixed size, just a thought anyway.

ragamer
x4

Post by ragamer » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 12:33

What should had happened from the beggining is that hangars should have some more stats. First you clasify each ship with "hull points" which represent the volume needed to hold it (You can do this per ship or per class, depending on the ammount of complexity you want to add). Then you add 2 numbers per hangar:

- MAX size allowed. Reflecting the room on the accessing mechanism to the internal hangar. This will limit the maximum HULL points of ANY ship trying to enter the hangar.

- TOTAL capacity. The ammount of HULL points that an hangar can hold at a time.

With this in place, you can let the user decide how to spend their space while keeping balance and allow for another 2 WAYS of customizing your Ships/Stations with MAX DOCKING SIZE and HANGAR CAPACITY upgrades.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 26. Dec 05, 16:29

Ok I have played a little more with this while testing other thing, see first post so i dont have to repeat myself :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”