Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 01:04

Sorry, "aalaardb.strike9.com" does not exist or could not be found
that was for the first download link
AalaarDB wrote:This is a community developed mod - it is not endorsed by Egosoft.

Remember, whenever Egosoft releases a new patch, come here and see if there is an update!
Download the latest version here (works with X3 v1.4):
Extended Mod Pack 10kb
Extended Mod Pack Mirror Rar file : hosted by LV

]

RAR File that was all i got with the seond download link with a picture w/ white background and some funny looking "webpage" with some colored dots on it,.. no zip file. AHH ok i found it in properties : it is a PCK file as most of my files are in the scripts folder except for the ones(html docs) i put in there from the pirate guild.

:o so i am probably guessing that all the debugs i did when the game would not run(pc prob not software issue) i may have messed up alot of stuff yes? like in options for game i no longer have the ga;axy editor anymore.
of course it has been 6 yrs since i played or so and as well as the debugs i recently did this time around :o

so oops :headbang: maybe i should just buy a new X3R and wait til i have the correct specs(New PC just for X3R) to play it?

Wizlawz
x3

Post by Wizlawz » Fri, 25. Sep 09, 07:00

TO INSTALL:
Default Installation:
Unzip the file to your main X3 directory. Be careful not to overwrite any files. If you are asked to overwrite any files, extract the zip to a temp folder. Then check in your Main X3 directory for files called 04.dat .. 05.dat and find the highest number. Rename the new files to the highest number + 1, and place them back into the main directory. This is the default method because it allows you to select another mod to run on your games.

ok i found those .dat ; :o so do i rename all 4-9 ie: 4=5, 5=6 etc? or just rename the 09.dat to 10?
or do i have to rename like this?: 04+1, etc for all? :o

:o umm i made a big mistake :rant: i think i choose XML Editor and checked use this to open these kinds (whatever it is when you choose to use something to open a program) how do i get this to be undone? :headbang: :thumb_down: :rofl:

everytime i download the EMP it has the XML editor icon :evil:

Prometheus11

Post by Prometheus11 » Sat, 28. Nov 09, 00:56

Total Noob to the forum, but Ive had no luck with searches other than finding this thread.
I installed X3:R and updated to 2.5

I came across this thread because the scripts i installed gave me some gibberish messages upon loading as well as some gibberish menu buttons, as have been described by others.

I realize it has to do with having this mod installed, so Im just asking if theres any news on progress of an update, or if there will even be an update?

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 08:16

CRAP. I accidently installed this script into my terran conflict game with the .spk installer. It's not showing up on my x-universe plugin manager lite and I cannot figure out a way to uninstall it! Help!! Argh!

on my complex hub for my advanced drone factory mk ii I now has za_EMP_blank_ware_custom10_2

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sun, 6. Dec 09, 12:44

XTM is NOT for X³ Terran Conflict. :P

Prometheus11

Post by Prometheus11 » Thu, 10. Dec 09, 06:24

This might be a long-dead topic but somehow the most useful script Ive ever seen (Sat Limited Universal Trader) has disappeared and theres nowhere to download it. The last person to upload a copy was Zzyn himself, but he could only find the original, which was in SPK format and doesnt install correctly. I have no idea how to fix this problem.
I thought the problem was not having EMP installed, but theres no EMP for 2.5.
All my UTs are getting attacked and its so frustrating because all I want is this one little script to work. None of the forum topics have really helped with this. Any info on how to get this script to run in 2.5 would be great.

Ebenezer

Post by Ebenezer » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 09:52

I don't understand how this EMP mod, which is needed for many many other mods, still has yet to be updated for 2.5

Someone tell me what I need to do to update it and I'll do it.

This is sad. :(

SJimm

Post by SJimm » Thu, 27. May 10, 19:13

I too would like help on getting EMP to work with version 2.5. I tried and it doesn't. Please help. Or I am willing to help, but I am not sure what needs to be done.

McTaff

Post by McTaff » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 14:29

I can't seem to download either of the first two files.

The SPK pack and rar listed after the first two aren't incredibly clear what exactly it is for, as I have X3:R and X3:TC, and the Crycow Installer says the second two files are only good for Bala Gi - but isn't Bala Gi in the first game (i.e. X3:R ?)

I am confused and would appreciate someone steering me in the right direction to get the correct file for upgrading my 'vanilla' game that I have at the moment so I can start installing a few nice scripts I have my eye on.

Would also like someone to xactly define which files go with which version of the game, as my X3:R is version 2.5 (which I was under the impression had Bala Gi missions in it) and I also have X3:TC to go to as well.
"Doctor, he is bleeding a lot, and he won't respond to orders. What should I do?"

"Give him a batch of plasma.... No, no, not from the plasma pistol..."

McTaff

Post by McTaff » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 05:28

...furthermore, when I did try to install the package (for 2.01+), the plugin manager "crashed" (i.e. greyed out and did nothing for 6 hours, shows up as Not Responding in Win 7 task manager).

Any ideas?
"Doctor, he is bleeding a lot, and he won't respond to orders. What should I do?"

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 21:29

Which version of the plugin manager do you use? IIRC the current one should come with the emp already built-in.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

McTaff

Post by McTaff » Wed, 14. Jul 10, 15:40

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Which version of the plugin manager do you use? IIRC the current one should come with the emp already built-in.

v2.12

However my ham-fisted treatment casued it to inexplicably die. Ended up uninstalling X3 completely in a vain attempt to uninstall the plugin manager, and yet still it resides in my Programs List. Ended up just deleting the files and forgetting the whole ordeal (as I figure I am due for a complete reformat on that PC anyway).

Before I put X3 on my gaming rig - is EMP already in v2.12 of cycrow's manager?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 08:29

it may be but it's the new emp version which is in need of a re-write of the entire emp list internally for all scripts using it

for reunion i think your better using the standalone old emp mod

McTaff

Post by McTaff » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 10:58

I see. In that case, how do I install the emp mod - do I need to use a different version of Cycrow's installer?

Sorry but I'm very new to this, I have used mod managers in other games but this one is different, of course.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. Jul 10, 14:32

the plugin manager lite has both reunion and tc emp built in.

only the tc version is the new updated version.

when using reunion, it'll install the standard emp from reunion

Zorin1985
x3tc

Post by Zorin1985 » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 05:08

The sites are dead. I dont think your files are around anymore.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 08:02

Erm.....................I just tried dowloading the emp. It is still available from the site hosted by LV and also .spk download 2 and Rar download 2 are still working.

The others however are not.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

DaWilko
x4

Post by DaWilko » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 05:21

Hi guys, recently came back to X3TC and decided to try out this mod.

I went for the Terran start, and purchased some mobile miners from one of the new ship hubs.

Oddly, they keep flying up to rocks, doing nothing and then moving on. Not sure but I think its to do that the only turret is in the back.

Any ideas on how I am suppose to get a miner hauler actually mining?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 29. Apr 11, 08:56

DaWilko wrote:Hi guys, recently came back to X3TC and decided to try out this mod.
:gruebel: Having your post in X3R EMP mod's thread, I'm not sure what "this mod" is.

ihanna

Post by ihanna » Thu, 31. May 12, 16:10

Dioltas As Dia wrote:EDIT2: New Question/Troubleshooting

I unzipped the 06.dat and .cat files to the main X3 directory (and didnt overwrite anything as there was no other 06's). As said it acts as a false patch so it can work with other Mods.
I went and proceeded with creating a script using one of the new TwareT commands (#96 or 10203). Which worked fine when i hadnt a Mod running.

But for some reason the ware in question never appeared when using the DeadlyDa preview Mod. I dont have any other mods so i cant test it but im wondering is that the preview Mod specific or is it all mod's in general?

Any help is appreciated

Slán

It also did not appear on me when I'm using the DeadlyDa preview Mod. I am also curious for finding the answer to his question, I'll say thanks in advance if you will answer.
Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one’s living at it. – Albert Einstein

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”