X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate this program

5. Excelant
71%
4. Good
16%
3. OK
6%
2. Bad
1%
1. Terrible
3%
- Not really my thing
3%

Total votes: 2795

Apollo11
x3ap

Cannot uninstall

Post by Apollo11 » Sat, 18. Jan 14, 17:47

Cannot remove this program from my computer, please help.

xxx73
x3tc

Re: Cannot uninstall

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 20. Jan 14, 18:47

Apollo11 wrote:Cannot remove this program from my computer, please help.
hmm what happened? How did you try to uninstall it?

sirpuma
x2

Re: X Plugin Manager V2.12 : Updated 23/01/2010 *LINUX VERSION AVAILABLE*

Post by sirpuma » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 08:27

Cycrow wrote:New Plugin Manager Lite is available
This should work for all games, X2, X3 Reunion and TC and will replace the old plugin manager completly

Thread Here

=======================================
Program: X - Plugin Manager - Scripts/Mods/Wares/Ships
Version: 2.12
Author: Cycrow

:idea: NOTE: This is a community developed program - it is not endorsed by Egosoft. :idea:

:arrow: Download Installer: Download : Mirror Download 1 : Mirror Download 2
:arrow: Main Site: www.xpluginmanager.co.uk : Mirror Site 1 : Mirror Site 2 : Mirror Site 3

:arrow: Linux SPK Utils: **link dead** : Mirror Download 1 : **link dead** (Command line tool for using SPK files)

This program allows users to easily install and uninstall scripts.
The scripts need to be in a script package file which is created using the including script packager.

The install also has the ability to add new wares for scripts to use, as well as installing custom ships into the game

For more information, visit the main website, which also includes help and guides to using the program.

The site also includes scripts and ships that you can download

NOTES:
* This program will only remove scripts files, but some scripts require more to be properly uninstalled, like removing wares
and ships that might be created from the script. You should look in the readme of the script to find any special instructions
for uninstalling.
* Thanks to doubleshadow for his cat and pck unpacking code

FYI for the Linux versions linked above, the first is broken, and the third comes up as a virus site for Windows redirected to "/fixcomputerdownload"dot net which pretends to be a java update.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 19. Nov 14, 22:49

I love this tool. Coming from the Oblivion modding scene where Wrye Bash is a MUST HAVE to manage the conflicts the installed files, etc having something similar for managing mods/scripts installation with X3 is critical. But I seem to have found a bug with the archive support.

The archive support is a good start but it seems to be making some assumptions which silently break certain mods. For example, I tried to install Pure X V5 (alternative glow version). The mod is very simple and is compatible with almost everything. However, this mod installs certain .jpg files in a directory outside of the screens directory. But for some reason, when activating the mod's archive, Plugin Manager Lite assumed that all .jpg files belong to the screens directory (it completely ignored the original archive directory structure). What was worse is that the tool has no way to list what files were installed for each activated mod so you have no way to debug what is going on, why after activating the mod the files aren't to be found in their expected location in the X3 directory.

After some debugging it seems this tool ignores the archive directory structure and making assumptions where files should be put based on the file extension (and turning out these assumptions are wrong). In order to fix this, I had to create a SPK manually, then add the jpg files that belong outside the screens directory and use "Other" as the type of the file (by default, because they are .jpg they would be considered of type "Screen") which then allowed me to also specify where they should be installed in the game directory.

Suggestion: do not ignore the original archive directory structure and install the files as the archive has them?

And a question about the tool functionality. Does it handle file conflicts and uses plugin ordering for resolving them like Wrye Bash does? I mean, if plugin 1 and plugin 2 install some of the same files, does it decide to let one of the plugins overwrite the files based on the order they are listed in the plugin manager or based on which other order?

Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 12:29

memeics wrote:I love this tool. Coming from the Oblivion modding scene where Wrye Bash is a MUST HAVE to manage the conflicts the installed files, etc having something similar for managing mods/scripts installation with X3 is critical. But I seem to have found a bug with the archive support.

The archive support is a good start but it seems to be making some assumptions which silently break certain mods. For example, I tried to install Pure X V5 (alternative glow version). The mod is very simple and is compatible with almost everything. However, this mod installs certain .jpg files in a directory outside of the screens directory. But for some reason, when activating the mod's archive, Plugin Manager Lite assumed that all .jpg files belong to the screens directory (it completely ignored the original archive directory structure). What was worse is that the tool has no way to list what files were installed for each activated mod so you have no way to debug what is going on, why after activating the mod the files aren't to be found in their expected location in the X3 directory.

After some debugging it seems this tool ignores the archive directory structure and making assumptions where files should be put based on the file extension (and turning out these assumptions are wrong). In order to fix this, I had to create a SPK manually, then add the jpg files that belong outside the screens directory and use "Other" as the type of the file (by default, because they are .jpg they would be considered of type "Screen") which then allowed me to also specify where they should be installed in the game directory.

Suggestion: do not ignore the original archive directory structure and install the files as the archive has them?

And a question about the tool functionality. Does it handle file conflicts and uses plugin ordering for resolving them like Wrye Bash does? I mean, if plugin 1 and plugin 2 install some of the same files, does it decide to let one of the plugins overwrite the files based on the order they are listed in the plugin manager or based on which other order?

Thanks!
when using archives it will use the current directory first, but if its not in a standard directory, then it will use the file extension to put it in a different place.

It does this because not all archives have the correct directory structure. So either way, it wont work with certain archives.

for conflicts it uses creation dates and version numbers to work out which is the most recent and installs that. Scripts files have imbeded version numbers in them which the plugin manager reads

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 3. Dec 14, 02:04

Cycrow wrote:for conflicts it uses creation dates and version numbers to work out which is the most recent and installs that. Scripts files have imbeded version numbers in them which the plugin manager reads
Thanks for your answer. What happens after a conflict has been resolved and it has decided to use a file from plugin A instead of plugin B (because it's newer, whatever) and then the user later removes/disables plugin A? Will the Plugin Manager restore the file to the plugin B version as it's the only enabled plugin having that file?

And another related question, what about files that are installed outside of the Plugin Manager. If I enable plugin A which tries to overwrite a file that was installed there by the vanilla game or by the user outside of Plugin Manager (PM), I assume that the PM will use the same rules to decide if it overwrites it (ie if the file installed outside the PM is "newer" or whatever it won't get overwritten). But if it does get overwritten and the user disables the plugin in the PM which overwrote it, does the PM restore the original contents of that file? (in order for this to work, the PM must make a backup copy of the file before overwriting it)

bodyjumper
x4

Post by bodyjumper » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 16:31

hi every one !

i have a question :

the v2.12 is the last version or i need to use the 1.47 ?

i'm confuse the v1.47 is release in 2012 and the v2.12 is release in 2010.

what version is the last?

thank for your answers !

PS : sorry for my bad english (i'm french ) ^^

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 17:34

v1.47 is the last version.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

bodyjumper
x4

Post by bodyjumper » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 17:50

thanks, you help me so much ^^

Iwillbenicetou

Post by Iwillbenicetou » Wed, 1. Apr 15, 22:17

Classic please help... Serious, I need help with the plugin. I run it on Steam and I can't find the actual game. Please help. ;)
Has X3 TC and AP

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 2. Apr 15, 09:56

[FAQ] I can't find the game folder. Where is it? (X3TC & X3AP)
[FAQ] I can't find the game folder. Where is it? (X3R)

If you really just have X3TC and X3AP, as it says in your signature, you might want to check that you have the latest version of the PM installed, which is version 1.47, available from here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Iwillbenicetou

Post by Iwillbenicetou » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 01:54

X2-Illuminatus wrote: If you really just have X3TC and X3AP, as it says in your signature, you might want to check that you have the latest version of the PM installed, which is version 1.47, available from here.
Thanks! I think I installed the wrong way or the wrong thing. Thanks for understanding a noob like me. I live in the Rimworld Forums
Has X3 TC and AP

pumpkinmountain

Patch to fix compilation on Linux

Post by pumpkinmountain » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 14:17

Hi

Here's a patch to fix compilation errors on modern Linux. If you get errors like:

Code: Select all

CatFile.cpp:778:45: error: ‘memcpy’ was not declared in this scope
   memcpy ( finalData + 1, newdata, *newsize );
                                             ^
Makefile:27: recipe for target 'CatFile.o' failed
then you need this: https://gist.github.com/ringerc/c848dc0 ... 8452fa8658

Apply with patch -p1, e.g.

Code: Select all

curl https://gist.githubusercontent.com/ringerc/c848dc05729116d7fa441f8452fa8658/raw/7e8ca1c53c1edc53b4f7e052deb9c03d84ab24b9/spk-build-fixes.patch | patch -p1
while your current directory is the directory with the "compile.sh" script in it.

I haven't re-hosted the code on github with the patch since the license is unclear and I don't know if I would have the right to do so. So I can only post a patch for now and you have to apply it yourself.

I'm resisting the temptation to convert the buildsystem to cmake and clean up the code, for the moment at least, because I'd rather port the full plugin manager lite over. I'm cloning the svn repo and will take a look at that. Hope this helps in the mean time.[/code]

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 17. Feb 19, 11:37

Links do not work. Fix please.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 18. Feb 19, 11:41

Try here viewtopic.php?f=94&t=265915
it works for all game versions

Fonsfon-2020

Post by Fonsfon-2020 » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 12:53

None of the download links work, and when I go to the Xplugin page I try from there and I get an 404 error

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 30. Jul 20, 20:12

Use the new Plugin Manager. That link works.
Cycrow wrote:
Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:08
New Plugin Manager Lite is available
This should work for all games, X2, X3 Reunion and TC and will replace the old plugin manager completly

Thread Here

Benzschwagel

Post by Benzschwagel » Mon, 28. Jun 21, 16:33

Found a new link for v2.12:

http://modsreloaded.com/plugin-manager

Enjoy!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”