[SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Fri, 28. Dec 07, 05:39

Elucca wrote:Hmm, yeah... Although i still think the repairs should be slower. Is there any way to easily change it myself? I really don't have any scripting skills, but i know how to get into the editor.

I think repairs are based on the skill of your mechanic/engineers. The lower their stats the slow repairs go. For me, I like the speed especially for fighters that are docked. Just wish there was a way to tell when repairs are completed.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Symanteco
x3tc

Post by Symanteco » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 18:35

Cycrow,

I have freighters that would normally require a small crew (cook/engineers/miners/medic). Could you modify the script to include all freighters and tankers, instead of just capital ships?

ThePagenExile

need help

Post by ThePagenExile » Sat, 16. Feb 08, 22:05

cant get the script to respond and what are the variables that come up in the options dont understand it plz help !!

Malakie
x4

Re: need help

Post by Malakie » Wed, 20. Feb 08, 01:37

ThePagenExile wrote:cant get the script to respond and what are the variables that come up in the options dont understand it plz help !!
Not sure what you are asking about.... The script is very easy to use. It adds three commands to the 'General' command area, select one and you will hear a message ding. Go to the message and it is all self explanatory

Malakie
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Azraelus

Post by Azraelus » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 10:50

is there another download link

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 11:02

i've updated the first page with working links

BLACKANDY

Post by BLACKANDY » Thu, 6. Mar 08, 10:34

Ship Crews VS Machine shop

which one is more cheap and fast? :P

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Wed, 2. Apr 08, 13:39

Hello All

a small strange problem, i am using XTM up to date release, and i have added the new release of this wonderfull crew ships.

What happen is that i have 2 times each repair ware and i am not sure if another wares are overwritten in the process, if it's only to see 2 time each ware it's ok for me but if i remove all Crew script i still empty slots.

Also i remember to had a previews release of this crew script so maybe this extra wares come from the previous one ?

In the plugin manager i have the wares enables (appear only once) and in the X3 start panel i dont choose any mod (xtm is as a fake patch, donc know if i should choose the xplugin mod?)

so any way to have only once each type of crew repair ware ? thanks
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

jumanji

Post by jumanji » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 14:35

Read Harrington serries quite recently. I do think some
  • Astrogators could be used to... lessen the energy cells consumption when jumping.
    Weapon tech or weapons officer could influence attack speed, weapon range, more accuracy of automatic defence (especially A/B-PBE during anti-fighter deffence)
One could use Bosun or Executive officer to improove the total efficiency of the crew...

Still don't have a clue if one could make
  • intelligence oficer (improove scanner range to cover all sector???),
    Electronic warfare officer (slight/good chance of enemy ships loosing lock on your ship for couple of secconds),
    supplies officer
    comm officer
    landing bay commander
    wing commander (improove total efficiency of deployed fighters [m1])
    flight crews (experienced/noob m5-m4-m3 fighter pilots)
and couple of others work ingame..

Of cource to MAke the bosun and EXEC effective, you should, firsthandedly divide the crews to:
  • officers
    enlisted men
The professions you have now would mostly be the officers, have their own departments, shich would consist of rookie->experienced enlisted men.
Officers should depend on the EXEC, which would influence their total perfomance. (bonus to ship)
Officers themselves should give bonus to ship and influence their departments (e.g. only training speed)

The bosun on the other hand, would be the direct representative of god for the enlisted, and influence their BONUS for the ship.

Enlisted would be 'trained on the fly'. It means you take the rookies on board and the better officers you have, the faster exp they gain.

The bonus of the enlisted should be like... +1/2 to +4/5 that of the head of the department they belong to, depending on the number and free slots in that department. E.g. you can put 40 enlisted to engineering (like repairing and maintaining ship). you put one uber-experienced non-com in there and he gives you +1/2 of his superiors exp. But if you put 40 experienced men in there, you'll get 4/5 of bonuses, or even more.

So, as you see, if applied and handled properly, this crew stuff will make it to the X4.

Hope any of these ideas could be implemented. At least understood first. :)
There are three great excuses one can use in life. To say that one is mad, drunk, or a poet.

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 22:28

Just some quick feedback on a bug I encountered:

Bought and equipped a Galleon (XTM carrier), and had Capital Ship Crews working just fine for a long time on my Hyperion. The ship repair components simply disappear from the Galleon's freight when added. I've added hundreds of them now, and they disappear seconds after I transfer them to the carrier.

I've disabled custom wares for now, since I need the repair capabilities and have a nice crew assembled. Unfortunately I have custom wares from other scripts that have also been disabled, as I see no way to leave one enabled and turn others off.

If you'd like to try and debug the problem I'd be glad to provide info. If not that's fine too.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 22:43

sounds abit weird, i take it the ship or any docked ships are not actually repaired when the components disappear ?

what ship class is it ?

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 22. Apr 08, 23:17

That is correct. None of the 3 docked and damaged ships (out of 24 or so total docked) are repaired at all, no matter how many components I add to the carrier's freight.

The ship is an XTM carrier class, showing up as an M1 (same class as a Colossus, Shark, Zeus, etc). It has 20k inventory space, and bays for 30 docked ships (M6 through M5).

The crews repair them fine when custom wares are turned off, and the wares show up in-game (and did work in my Hyperion), but as I said disappear in the Galleon's freight bay. Whatever mechanism it is that deletes or hides them seems to be the culprit.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Tue, 13. May 08, 01:27

Time to kick this thread to the top :roll:

I forgot to test the XTM Galleon but I can report on some of the other things.

Workers don't add up. If your in a Job Center and first hire 4 good workers and in the next BBS job Hire 8 more you end up with the last hired, that is eight in this case.

I didn't get any wares placed at the EQdocks either. Solved it by using one of the lib in the script list "lib.cycrow.addware.xml" added by some other script but obviously one of your creations none the less. So I popped in the wares for Argon, boron, split and paranid eq's and it is working fine.

It is a bit messy getting into the commands. Sure, hot keys help alot but if you are in an other ship and want to get some reports for example, you have to go through the ship commands on the ship you want to check upon and subsequently have to jump between the command console and messages again :P

Other than that, it's great fun - makes the universe come alive some more.

Cheers!

steve0

Post by steve0 » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 09:04

Wow, looks well ,i'll try it !

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Mon, 8. Sep 08, 03:54

I've got a problem. Whenever I hire an engineer, I get them with high moral, then shortly after I assign them to a carrier, their moral goes to -1% and they don't repair my docked ships. How can I get their moral back up, and how do I get them to repair the docked ships again?

Thanks.

-Big Dan

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 8. Sep 08, 17:39

if there moral is too low, then they wont repair thier ships.

does this happen fairly soon after assigning them ?

there are several ways to prevent thier morale from dropping. These include making sure you have enough money to pay them, that they are not overworked, ie constantly trying to repair your ship without any help.

you can also hire cooks and put food on board your ships to increase thier morale

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Mon, 8. Sep 08, 19:59

It seems to happen fairly quickly, yes. I'll hire one and put him on my only Colossus, I'm fairly certain I have a chef and surgeon, but I'll check again. I've got plenty of cash, and the ship never gets damaged. That, and whenever one of the TerraCorp pilots gets damaged, it gets sent to a shipyard instead of his home carrier (which is what I'm trying to get around by having a mechanic and crew).

Strange thing is, I just outfitted my new Elephant with a full crew and it seems to be repairing itself just fine, with 100% moral.

Like I said, I'll check to make sure there's a chef and surgeon on the Colossus. That's likely the problem.

Thanks.

-Big Dan

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Mon, 8. Sep 08, 20:02

Wait, and when you say food, do you mean actually having a stock of meatsteak cahoonas and the like? And if so, do I need foodstuffs compatible with each species tastes?...

... :S

EDIT: Okay, so I found the readme. Sorry, I'm sure you guys get sick of answering questions that are already answered.

-Big Dan

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 8. Sep 08, 20:40

any of the foodstuff will do, i didn't wanna go too complex and make each race need thier own food.

the food is not needed, but if its thre it will be used and it will help keep morale up

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Tue, 9. Sep 08, 00:29

Yup, they just needed some sammiches....

... :lol:

-Big Dan

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”