[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 23. Nov 06, 03:39

Hi Serial, great script, really adds atmosphere... I was shocked when a red-boxed TL jumped in just as I was about to jump out!

One thing tho, this TL was named "Split High Tech Transporter" but was red-boxed. When I attacked it, it unloaded about 20 "Yaki Fighter Drones". When I blew it up, I got the message of 250k reward, no Split race hit (I think!!).

Is that normal, I mean the "Split High Tech Transporter" part? Also, the text wasn't formatted right, it was more like "Split High Tech Transpo" with the last bit cut off due to length, and double spacing.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 02:42

Arcana75,
you encountered a MobBase in 'incognito' mode, masquerading as a non-Yaki. But once you killed it, you got the 250k reward. And shouldn't've suffered a Split rep hit.

Serial,
went to Senator's Badlands, landed at the Yaki JobCenter, and also commed with Yaki patrols--but none would tell me where I could contact a mobile base. Was this the result of not yet being a Yaki member?

Regards,

Hieronymos

P.S. Just started a new campaign. Any tips for quickly finding a mobbase to sign up with?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 15:46

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to be observing something really interesting.

I only saw the aftermath, which was a bunch of Yaki drones and 4-5 JTP capital ships.

I check my log and my sector patrol was totally wiped out (1 M6 and 4 M3s).

Is it possible that my sector patrol wiped out the incognito Yaki TL, but the game believes it's a real Split (or whatever race), then the JTP script kicks in to "save" the TL? Then my ships start attacking the JTP ships and bam I get a race rep hit?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 18:36

@Serial

Access Forbidden on all links in OP.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 27. Nov 06, 10:06

@Serial, sorry for bumping this...

Could you help me look into my problem with the JTP ships? I'm concerned my OOS ships attacking incognito Yaki TLs could be causing my race reps to drop, probably cuz JTP ships jump in to save that incognito TL.

I posted a detailed description here in LV's JTP script thread.

Knot3n
x3

Post by Knot3n » Tue, 28. Nov 06, 12:38

Donwload is broken -.- i want it
Ich wollte die Welt verändern .. doch Gott rückte den Quellcode nicht raus ...

[ external image ]

H.F._Mudd
x3tc

Post by H.F._Mudd » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 16:25

arcana75 wrote:Please correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to be observing something really interesting.

I only saw the aftermath, which was a bunch of Yaki drones and 4-5 JTP capital ships.

I check my log and my sector patrol was totally wiped out (1 M6 and 4 M3s).

Is it possible that my sector patrol wiped out the incognito Yaki TL, but the game believes it's a real Split (or whatever race), then the JTP script kicks in to "save" the TL? Then my ships start attacking the JTP ships and bam I get a race rep hit?
Well, I think that's definitely what is happening because I'm having a similar problem!!!

I'm not using LV's script, but when one of my patrols kills an 'incognito Yaki' the sector police turn on my patrol... I lost several Argon and Paranid race ranks in just a few minutes.
Wanderin' the wastelands...

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 29. Nov 06, 20:22

Come to think of it, getting a sector patrol eliminated because of killing an incognito Yaki mothership is really sort of poetic justice...

One quick solution: remove JTP. Which makes YA practically useless anyway..

Regards,

Hieronymos

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 04:01

So it seems that the game (and the JTP script) reacts negatively to an "Unknown Big ship" being attacked.

If a game's Yaki is red and we set "enemy if enemy to me", the game believes a benign TL is being attacked and responds accordingly. If you don't set "enemy if enemy to me", your patrols will ignore rampaging red Yaki.

Since the game currently believes the Yaki isn't an enemy, compared to the tagged enemy races of Pirate, Xenon and Khaak, both race and JTP ships will react negatively.

So bottom line, use YA only if you're prepared to take race hits.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 09:51

Actually, you can shoot Yaki race ships and most other Races won't give a flip about them, as they don't like Yaki either. The Incognito ships, however, are viewed as 'Race' ships, and JTP reacts accordingly.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 20:59

Have observed 3-4 times in last few days: When Yaki motherships are in incognito mode they're usually en route to a pirate base for supplies...After they undock, they revert back to their Yaki designation. If you want to hit them..

Serial has wanted for some time to alter the specs of the Motherships to make them more survivable. Specifically:

1) Arm them with Flak's..for de facto invulnerability from M5's, M4's; and a fighting chance vs. M3's and lighter M6's.
2) Speed sufficient to outrun M2's, M1's, most M6's..but not too much as to unbalance game.
3) Hangar space for 20-25 fighters.

At DDRS we're looking at modding the Mobile Pirate Base accordingly (despite as a rule our not tweaking specs of vanilla ships). It makes good sense for us, as we use Deadly's asteroid base as pirate bases..and thus the PMB is sort of 'unused'.

It's also our way of thanking Serial for a job bloody well done :) !

Hieronymos

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 21:37

Not quite, the plot uses them after a fashion. If you alter them, you give plot users a bit of trouble completing a couple of the plot missions. :D
[ external image ]

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 30. Nov 06, 21:47

Woops! :shock: Thanks for the heads-up (I've actually never played the plot).
..Thinking cap goes back on..

Hieronymos

andyjg247
x4

Post by andyjg247 » Wed, 13. Dec 06, 22:58

Not completely sure if this is the pirate plugin or the Yaki plugin but my yaki sector (Ocracoke's Storm) has about 40 pirate bases in it at the moment. Is this correct? Its the only sector my pc slows down in. If i disable this plugin will the expire over time or do I have to destoy all 40?

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 15. Dec 06, 02:49

Andyjg247,
are you also running SK's Pirate Guild?
The "Pirate Job Center" station seems to be generated by PG..and they do indeed multiply like mushrooms..SK seems to be 'on vacation' ATM in RL, but will hopefully address the problem soon..

Jakesnake5,
there are actually two Pirate Mobile Bases in Tships: 1 for the plot, and 1 for non-plot. Presumably YA uses the second, so modding it will not affect plot in any way.

Regards,

Hieronymos

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Tue, 19. Dec 06, 07:43

:!: :!: >|- BUG -|< :!: :!:

Yaki Armada v1.08

Received message from Yaki Mobile Station in sector Trinity Sanctum.

The first of the guild members that will destroy the Paranid Hercules will gain a bouty.

Paranid Hercules destroyed by Player M7.

Thanks for your help against one of our enemies.
You have received the amount of 31000 credits in your bank account.

Player account only contains 31,000 Credits (reseted to 0 then bounty reward added).

:!: :!: >|- BUG -|< :!: :!:

tomol
x3

Post by tomol » Mon, 25. Dec 06, 21:03

A small bug in tnal.pirate.exp.xml

Code: Select all

120     = $lt -> call script !job.fight.attackallenemies : 
should be replaced by

Code: Select all

121     $lt -> start task 0 with script '!job.fight.attackallenemies' and prio 100: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
Otherwise, tnal.pirate.exp.xml will not return untill lasertower is destoried.
AMD Althon XP 3000+ @ 2.4 GHz
nVidia Geforce 7600GT 256 MB
2 GB DDR400 Memory @ 267 MHz
No Extra Cooling

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 16:03

you have forbidden us to download all eht efiles on the server.
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 17:49

-Joshua- wrote:you have forbidden us to download all eht efiles on the server.
I don't think he actually forbade us to access his server. More likely, the server is having problems. In any case, you are correct that we can't download any of his mods.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 29. Dec 06, 20:17

I put download links in the Cycrow Where are you? thread.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”