[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 17. Jul 06, 04:38

I'd love to see the DDRS mod fully support a Yaki Armada 'pirato-centric' existence. And will continue to explore creative ways to make that happen. Can't let you XFP guys have all the fun!
Beeing a dev. on XFP makes things easier for me, as I can modify, betatest, adapt YA and rebalance Yaki fighters and mobile bases freely. That's why future versions of YA will have some features that will be unlocked only on this mod. Afaik, Yaki Armada is perfectly compatible with DDRS, so i don't plan/need to be involved in this mod. Moreover, i've already little time to give to my own projects due to real life issues.
P.S. One of the major problems about going all or mostly pirate in vanilla X3, is that pirate fighters will always appear and behave as enemies...So if you set up some fabs in a pirate sector, you can't make friends with 'em, always have to kill 'em to protect your fabs/ships.
So I'm so glad that YA makes it finally possible to make pirate fighters go 'blue' neutral.
YA doesn't allow you to have blue pirates. Only my other (work in progress) plugin, Pirate Guild (PG), will allow that. The good thing is that XFP will include a very small part of PG, basically a comm. system with pirate ships (more or less the same as in YA) allowing you to speak with pirate pilots, and eventually turn them blue.

Cheers.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 21. Jul 06, 23:52

Version 1.05 Released !

This version now fully support the Xperiment Fusion Project (XFP Mod).

It includes various small bugfixes and various features, as usual a full changelog is available in the first post.

Mobile bases will now only focuse on 2 random races, allowing pirate players to stay friend with the others. A Guild HQ is also spawned in Ocracoke's Storm allowing members and wanabee yakis to easily join the guild or keep track of the other mobile bases.

Enjoy :)

Note : The plugin should be able to update itself correctly, but it's more secure to desactivate it in the AL setting, wait about 10 minutes, save, quit and then update your game to the newest version.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

withar
x3tc

Post by withar » Sat, 22. Jul 06, 01:17

Brilliant…… :D

As long as those 2 random races are the Split and the Paranid then it's all good :P
When The Law Breaks The Law
In The Name Of The Law- There Is No Law

Belfast Graffiti

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 22. Jul 06, 01:36

In fact each different mobile base will have 2 different targets. So if you found a base that target 2 races that you like, try to find another one ;)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 15:59

Ok I saw the new version and so thought yay. Went into cycrows script installer and when did the autoupdate check rather than it say newer and the version number it said 'older' and didnt have the option of updating??? Anyone else have this problem.
Im going to just dload the script again and reinstall it, but thought I would bring this to everyones attention.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 17:44

Yup i've noticed that also.

And I don't know why the installer thinks it's older than the previous release. The version number is higher (1.01.stable -> 1.05) and the date is more recent. So, I dunno.

Just uninstall the previous version in XScript Installer before installing this one and it should work.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 19:36

Well just so you know I was updating from the original script which was before the stable version - think the original installation was from that 9.C version and that could be a factor in the autoupdate function.

I have re d'loaded the new version and installed it, but if anything comes up I will let you know.

BTW - This is a fantastic script and I love the idea of a pirate badass guild that you have got sorted. What makes me wonder who at egosoft 'effing hell' hasnt said well we should bring these people onboard for future versions as Im a programmer and my skills dont match what you guys can do, as what theyve (scripters) produced is fantastic. In all honesty right now if it wasnt for all the scripts, I would have just binned the game as i had done it all in previous versions of X and you guys (wont name names as Im likely miss someone and get in trouble) have given a full reason to play

Sorry, im ranting ...... again. Cycrow has seen this before and told me take a chil pill.

Eat Rice.... Be Nice

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 19:42

if the old version was 1.01.stable and the one on the site was 1.05 then there shouldn't be a problem with the auto update checking a new version.

there was a few problems with the versions in previous versions, but it has been fixed.

if ur still having problems, u could tell me the exact versions and ill try to debug it

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 19:51

Cyc mate the version I was updating from (and was the orignal install) wasnt the 1.01 stable version, it was the0.91
It would be down to that and now Im working off the new install as the original this prob wont rear its ugly head again. Cheers for responding so quick and not telling me to shut up :roll:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 21:08

Yup after a test i've the same issue as Dread. When i tried to update to 1.05 from 1.01.stable the XScript Installer (1.60) told me it was my script was outdated. 1.05 is the first version packaged with XScript Packager 1.60, can't remember which version i used in the previous versions. Maybe it's related, dunno.

Anyway it's a minor annoyance and i don't really care (i won't package it again for something so trivial. Uninstalling the previous version and installing this one shouldn't be too complicated for the average user)

@Dread : Thanks. Yeah i wan't to be hired by Ego and i wan't a Porsche as my first pay check :mrgreen:

Oops i guess i also need to take my pills :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Jul 06, 21:22

i will take alook at the version when i next do an update to the Script manager, there are a few small things i need to do with it sometime

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Jul 06, 09:48

Readtext error, when calling page id 8512 text id 300.

[ external image ]

440001 indicates that PID/TID is for a SE 'Null'. Wtf?
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 25. Jul 06, 10:07

Oh, yes i forgot to disable missions and other goodies from the guild HQ. Missions should be accepted only once you've reach a real mobile base.

Thanks, will be corrected in next version.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 25. Jul 06, 18:49

The mirror (http://getfile.biz/44601) doesn't work either...

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Tue, 25. Jul 06, 19:43

First a beta tester (me) then a nitpicker (DDA), we giving Serial a hard time.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 02:25

lol right :)

Mirror links updated to a new host.

//EDIT//

Important : Please, like i said to Jakesnake5, do NOT accept missions from the Guild HQ or you may encounter bugs. This HQ should be only used to join the guild, locate active mobile bases and resupply your ship. Thanks.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 05:11

I think I can hack the script that's not checking to do:

THIS ship is YAKI HQ tell player to BUGGER OFF! :)

I CAN script, you just have to take a stiff belt before hand to not be shocked by the ugliness :)
[ external image ]

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 05:19

lol :)

Thanks but i'll do it myself (you can still modify the script for your own need, as long as you do not publish it)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 05:28

I don't publish others scripts without permission, but I may snaffle some of the code on occasion. :twisted:

Besides, its a good learning experience for me to try to do it a bit 'neater' than I normally get away with.
[ external image ]

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 26. Jul 06, 08:59

SK, I just found a bug, I think. Not sure. From what I remember, if you join the Yaki guild, your supposed to lose all you police liscences. I didn't
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”