[SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How do you rate this script?

Excellent
67%
Good
25%
Average
4%
Poor
1%
Abysmal
3%

Total votes: 360

johntmax
x3

Post by johntmax » Sun, 26. Jul 09, 00:10

The download isn't working for some reason. Does anybody have a mirror?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 18:21

I am aware of the problem, hopefully it will be sorted soon. EDIT: fixed
Last edited by nirwin on Sun, 9. Aug 09, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 13:31

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can the taxation parts be disabled? I just want plain sector takeover without raiding parties or tax...

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 14:44

yes you can

the most setting and option are in the AL menu
there is also an hotkey which give you more option for single sector and/or for the entire universe

The_Lost_Marauder

Re: [SCRIPT] Sector Takeover v2.4.3 [Updated 20-Apr-2007]

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 15:58

nirwin wrote:* Enemy sectors of the original owner race located within up to 4 jumps of the claimed sector will periodically send small raiding parties to destroy player's Trading Docks to take the sector back. The player must then defend his Trading Docks, and try to claim all enemy sectors of the same race in that part of the X-Universe.
Question: and if the surrounding sectors do NOT belong to the ex-owner of the sector I claimed? Should I still worry about seeing enemies raiding my sector?
Also, for example, if the sector I conquer is an isolated Xenon sector like the 101 or the 472 will other Xenon still arrive to kick me?
Or should I rather worry about spawning point of enemy ships in this sector?

Final thing about taxes: can they be toggled on/off?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 18:05

The_Lost_Marauder wrote:
nirwin wrote:* Enemy sectors of the original owner race located within up to 4 jumps of the claimed sector will periodically send small raiding parties to destroy player's Trading Docks to take the sector back. The player must then defend his Trading Docks, and try to claim all enemy sectors of the same race in that part of the X-Universe.
Question: and if the surrounding sectors do NOT belong to the ex-owner of the sector I claimed? Should I still worry about seeing enemies raiding my sector?
No, in that scenario the script shouldn't spawn any raiding ships to attack you in your sector. That doesn't mean that hostiles might not come through your gates and attack your property, but it shouldn't be the script doing it.
The_Lost_Marauder wrote: Also, for example, if the sector I conquer is an isolated Xenon sector like the 101 or the 472 will other Xenon still arrive to kick me?
Or should I rather worry about spawning point of enemy ships in this sector?
If there is no other xenon sectors in the required range, the script will not spawn any ships to attack your new sector. The xenon are however an incomprehensible race, and you may find yourself on the receiving end of some migration pattern or such, but it should be unrelated.
Once all xenon sectors have been conquered, the Xenon may start to warp into their old sectors in an effort to ratake them.
The_Lost_Marauder wrote: Final thing about taxes: can they be toggled on/off?
Yes they most certainly can, see the 'options' message under the "Trade" menu I believe, the docs on the first post probably explain it.
Nirwin
------

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Sun, 9. Aug 09, 18:15

nirwin wrote:If there is no other xenon sectors in the required range, the script will not spawn any ships to attack your new sector. The xenon are however an incomprehensible race, and you may find yourself on the receiving end of some migration pattern or such, but it should be unrelated.
Once all xenon sectors have been conquered, the Xenon may start to warp into their old sectors in an effort to ratake them.
I was planning to conquer Xenon Sector 101 which is very peaceful (when no terraformers are raiding in) and somewhat far from any possible pirate raid... :)
Yet, it would be pretty annoying being kicked by Xenons appeared from nowhere... :(

thanks for replaying nirwin :wink:

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 14:42

hi

sorry if this has been covered.

i have built HQ and equip dock in farnhams legend but sector is still not coming over to my control?????

any ideas

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 15:03

* Only foe sectors can be claimed. An appropriate adjustment to "Global Commands" menu under "Pilot" menu may be required: for example, to claim an Argon sector, the relation to Argon must be set to "Foe" and then transmitted to "all reachable properties". After the sector has been claimed, the relation can be set back to "Friend".

* In order to claim a sector, the player must destroy all stations in the sector, and build his own Trading Dock in the sector. The ownership of the sector will automatically go to the player within 5 sec. Alternatively, the player can first build his Trading Dock, then destroy all other stations in the sector.

That help?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 16:09

no because i have read all of that in the script reamme and have allready done it.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 16:35

Ok, what about this?

You can modify it to take over sectors with HQs (from what I remember) there should be a flag in the main script called HQ_CLAIMING or something like that, just needs to be set to TRUE. If you need more help with that PM me and I'll help you out
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Wed, 12. Aug 09, 17:21

@nirwin: can I translate your script in Italian (creating the file 397352.xml) ?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 00:44

The_Lost_Marauder wrote:@nirwin: can I translate your script in Italian (creating the file 397352.xml) ?
Yes, that would be great! If you would like to send me the file, I will add it to the script here too.
Nirwin
------

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 11:33

nirwin wrote:
The_Lost_Marauder wrote:@nirwin: can I translate your script in Italian (creating the file 397352.xml) ?
Yes, that would be great! If you would like to send me the file, I will add it to the script here too.
Here it is! :D
http://rapidshare.com/files/269883583/397352.xml.html (file updated: 8/21/09)

If you release a new version with translation included could you please advice me? Because I'd tell then to Italian Mods that a new version with Italian Language has been released and there is no need to separately download the .xml file I made. 8)

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 23:38

I've got a few questions:

1. Suppose a sector is owned by pirates. There are no pirate stations in this sector, but there are a few Teladi stations. Would I have to destroy the Teladi stations before I can claim the sector?

2. What would happen if I took over a few sectors, then uninstalled Sector Takeover?

3. Overall pirate activity in my x-universe has skyrocketed recently, which is causing a lot of trouble for my UT's and such. This is why I installed this script, so that I could eliminate/reduce pirate activity. Is there any way to set up this script so that random pirate spawns are disabled/reduced when I take over all pirate sectors in a given area?

For example, every few minutes (with SETA active), a large group of pirates spawn in the middle of Ianamus Zura, despite the fact that this is an Argon sector. By taking over the three nearby pirate sectors, I want to stop the random spawning of pirate groups in the surrounding systems.

Is this possible?

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 13:01

Pruvmerong wrote:1. Suppose a sector is owned by pirates. There are no pirate stations in this sector, but there are a few Teladi stations. Would I have to destroy the Teladi stations before I can claim the sector?

2. What would happen if I took over a few sectors, then uninstalled Sector Takeover?

3. Overall pirate activity in my x-universe has skyrocketed recently, which is causing a lot of trouble for my UT's and such. This is why I installed this script, so that I could eliminate/reduce pirate activity. Is there any way to set up this script so that random pirate spawns are disabled/reduced when I take over all pirate sectors in a given area?

For example, every few minutes (with SETA active), a large group of pirates spawn in the middle of Ianamus Zura, despite the fact that this is an Argon sector. By taking over the three nearby pirate sectors, I want to stop the random spawning of pirate groups in the surrounding systems.

Is this possible?
1) If they really are Teladi factories, there should be no problem in havng them IS

2) the sector would return to original owner

3) don't know, sorry

4) Ianamus Zura should be a Teladi sector :sceptic: It's quite strange your report of spawning pirates there...

Are you using other addons/mods more than Sector Takeover? :?:

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Wed, 2. Sep 09, 21:29

Ah, my mistake. You are correct, it is a Teladi sector. And the only other scripts/mods I'm using are the bonus pack, and a satellite deployment script. I've been playing this particular savegame off and on for almost two years, so I can only assume that the pirate spawning is just the god engine acting up.

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 13:05

Sadly there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done from scripts to stop certain races respawning, which is quite a problem for Sector Takeover. The engine likes to keep plenty of each race in game, and if they have no sectors to spawn in, they spawn anywhere they can.

Someone else may have figured a way to stop this annoyance, but I sure haven't.
Nirwin
------

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Thu, 3. Sep 09, 23:47

Among LV cheats there is one named "keep clear" which should instantly remove any hostile which is within X km from you.
And if you give this "power" to a satellite (or something else)? You place - i.e. a satellite - in the middle of a sector and everytime an enemy of that race spawn in that sector it gets instantly killed.
Would it be possible?

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 11:53

I guess it should be possible, maybe using the claiming Trading station/HQ, it would also have to only destroy the race that originally owned the sector, and I can imagine it causing problems with the 'raids', though I believe it would be possible to exclude these ships from the destruction.
Might nerf RRF script though if anyone uses that too.
Nirwin
------

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”