[Script] TerraCorps Fleet Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Thu, 10. Sep 09, 17:10

Hey Jumble, looking forward to see your efforts at work! ;)

Melquart
x3tc

script recognition

Post by Melquart » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 17:51

Hi,

Sorry for the slightly off topic but I have encountered a problem with this script. My game does nor recognize it as it is not in the AL menu, although, I have installed it using Cycrow's script installer. Could anyone lend me a hand with this? I have other scripts running which are recognized by the game.

Thank you.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 12. Sep 09, 22:25

I'll try

Have you changed your player name to "thereshallbewings"? Saved and reloaded, to activate the script editor?
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 06:03

It might seem logical that TCP would have an entry in the AL menu, but the current release doesn't. It needs a special type of script to create such an entry, which hasn't yet been used in TCP (although WIP AL plugins exist and future versions of TCP will likely contain AL entries)

Other than lack of an AL entry, is there any reason that you don't think it's working? The script doesn't actually change much until certain conditions are met, assuming that this is the first time the script has been installed in your game. For new games with the current script, you need to find a BBS message from a Terracorp Officer at Terracorps HQ in Home of Light, and that will kick things off.

Melquart
x3tc

Post by Melquart » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 12:07

Yes, it was the only source of worry that I could not find the entry among the other ones under the AL menu.
Thank you for the response. I will check the Terracorp HQ out.

kage-ookami
x3

Post by kage-ookami » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 19:19

The current version (1.53) has all the TF commands (links to the scripts) commented out, so you *will* get weird behaviour if you update from a "working" TF version... I've tried to hack me into the code, and link the commands at the appropriate places, but my Taskforce (Cpt. from the BBS quest on a Zentaur, 2 M4 (Lt and LCdr) and 5 M5 ships, the latter all Rookies) does nothing at all. Leader moves to the first assigned Sector (0,0) the rest of the force stays "Off Duty" even in 1000% SETA for almost an hour.

Oh, and I had to fix a few German t-files to fill missing nodes, nothing big though (I use the English one where there is too much trouble to translate before I have it working for me).

Anything I might have missed? Or is the whole TF code bogus and needs serious fixing?

FBC works wonders though. Only problem is that even 3 M3s don't make it through a pirate sector patrol, and Cpt. needs hostile sectors to gain cxp...

PS: As I write this, a pilot with name "BLA. NAME" is created, is there a random number out of bounds? Feels like the separation entry between names and surnames.

PPS: Oh, and please don't steal HVT or other trading ships working at the same station. I suggest setting a little marker or something on the TA Tender when purchased, and look for a freighter with the marker if you 'restart' the commander (to change the Shipyard or something) or just buy a new one. Changing shipyard would be nice to have as a command, same for assign Tender manually. I suggest leaving the Name 'TA Tender' and use that ship if found.

Edit: Need to buy Cargo Extender if Shields don't fit... I have a rising amount of fighters starting tours w/o shields... Check for shields before tour would be important as well. (Going into combat without a shield is the silliest thing an AI of any kind can do...)
Last edited by kage-ookami on Thu, 17. Sep 09, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
***modified*** und stolz drauf!

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 15. Sep 09, 03:41

kage-ookami wrote:The current version (1.53) has all the TF commands (links to the scripts) commented out, so you *will* get weird behaviour if you update from a "working" TF version...
No, you shouldn't. The reason those entries are commented out was due to a change made to handle the TF commands a different way.

I tried to ensure that all worked - I upgraded a previous version myself to check - and it seemed fine for me, so if you have noticed any issue I'd appreciate hearing about the circumstances.

Off hand, I'm not sure what will happen if you reenable those lines, but it won't be anything good.
Anything I might have missed? Or is the whole TF code bogus and needs serious fixing?
The TF code doesn't have the issues that you're experiencing, so something's been introduced there. Whether it's something that you've done, or whether it's something I overlooked, would need investigation.
PS: As I write this, a pilot with name "BLA. NAME" is created, is there a random number out of bounds? Feels like the separation entry between names and surnames.
That's a new one to me. You mentioned changing files over from the English version? Exactly what did you do?
[PPS: Oh, and please don't steal HVT or other trading ships working at the same station. I suggest setting a little marker or something on the TA Tender when purchased, and look for a freighter with the marker if you 'restart' the commander (to change the Shipyard or something) or just buy a new one. Changing shipyard would be nice to have as a command, same for assign Tender manually. I suggest leaving the Name 'TA Tender' and use that ship if found.
I think that's its current behaviour. I may be thinking about the WIP again though...

Hit_Moose
x3

Post by Hit_Moose » Wed, 16. Sep 09, 05:55

Great stuff guys, this is almost a second game in itself.

Also, is there a Readme, or some kind of documentation on this script? 115 pages is a fair bit of text to sift through to get an idea.

Thanks!

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 01:57

try starting at pg 100. plus the scripts have readme's.

Hit_Moose
x3

Post by Hit_Moose » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 09:34

Thanks dminor, last post of page 101 is quite useful.

Hit_Moose
x3

Post by Hit_Moose » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 07:23

An odd thing happened yesterday when I was playing. I recruited a pilot who had the 'trouble maker' trait, and for some reason he was promoted up a couple of levels before I could check their traits. Is that supposed to happen?

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Fri, 18. Sep 09, 13:27

IIRC thats been reported :gruebel: pretty sure it has. It has happened to me before also. So chaulk it out to be a bug and send that Trouble Maker into trouble. Maybe he'll do you a favour. :wink:

Alexal
x3tc

Post by Alexal » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 06:43

Is it compatible with MARS, Anarkis and Race Response Fleet?

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 10:01

IIRC....Yes

Hit_Moose
x3

Post by Hit_Moose » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 11:28

so whats the quickest way to level you cadets?

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 18:04

Quickest or cheapest?

Quickest way is to use a Argon/Teledi TD in a nice safe sector. Give it 9 m5's, 6 m4's and as many M3's as you need. Keep track of which pilots have good traits for later. You could do it manually but that wont be quick at all

give it 6 to 12 hrs for all the promotions to go through. ( this will only get you to Ensign iirc)

Now if you just want to cheat yourself some pilots. Spawn fodder for combat rank cheat works. Captains and above still need fight time, no matter their rank, to be able to enter larger ships.

As for the Cheapest no idea. Its not really a script that can be done cheaply.

Firewrath
x3tc

FBC ...issues. And request. :P

Post by Firewrath » Tue, 29. Sep 09, 18:49

So ofcourse, first off, Like the mod, :P
i would Love it, but ive been having some problems with it,

Mainly,
the FBC likes to reset its patrol sector every time i load my game,
i have the FBC in a Wheat Farm set up in Omicron Lyrae, and i currently have the patrol sector set one sector 'up' from the base in Circle of Labour, as Xenon like to wander through OL and destroy my recruits,
But everytime i reload the game, my fighters start patrolling OL again instead of CoL.

Also, the FBC tender isnt equipping the ships the base hires,
ive left it set for hours on SETA with 6 million in the station/FBC, and the Tender just sets there with equipment in its cargo bay, (IE: shields / weapons) while my fighters patrol equipment-less,
i thought it might change once the Tours of Duty were over, but theyve had a few and even go back to the station/FBC before heading out again, but still the tender doesnt hand anything over to them,
But, if i turn off the FBC, sell everything the Tender is holding, then restart the FBC, it starts buying stuff and equipping everyone till it decides to stop again,

and im sorry if this has been brought up before, i scanned through the thread, and the read-me post, but didnt see anything on it,
(but knowing my luck i most likely missed it, :P)
ive also had a pilot name comes up as 'rea. readtext ######'
but only once, so i dont remember the numbers, and the Xenon took it out before i could pay much attention to it anyways, :P
(ive also cleared my log since then, sorry, i really didnt plan on posting, but the patrol-sector issue has finally irked me enough, ^-^)

Eitherway though, since the mod seems to be in update/rewrite, maybe the FBC bit is worth a look?
(Also, my mod list is at the bottom of the post if that might be causing some issue)

Now for the request, cause those two oddities just werent enough. ;)
i Love the idea behind the FBC, but the Tender issue has pointed out an annoyance, and another minor point,
First, would it be possible to make the FBC buy the S/M/L ship load-outs?
this would at least help with the equipping bit if you cant find an issue with it. (IE: if its something on my end)
and secondly, would it be possible to set the Missile Fire Chance using an option from the FBC for the ships it hires?
i noticed the tender (when its working for me, :roll: ) gives the fighters missiles, but the fire chance is still at 5%, which is fine in most cases, but if i wanted to change it to say 25%, id have to do it on every ship,
like i said, its a minor point, but eh, would still be a nice option.

Also, (yes, theres more, :P)
Would it be possible to make it so you can setup a FBC in a TL/M1?
id Love to be able to grab an Elephant and set it up in a pirate/enemy sector as a FBC enabled forward base that would automatically replace its fighters.
Maybe set it so the TL/M1's 'home' (if a shipyyard) is where it recruits fighters from, and have the fighters that cant dock, (in the case of the TLs) just follow/'protect' the ship when its moved.
I can see having it recruit ships from more then a few sectors away might be a problem, but eh.

Anyways. Sorry for the long post.
As i said, i really didnt plan on posting, but since i did, might as well get it all out. :P
As for the request and the 'well why dont you do it yourself instead of causing me more work?'
Weeellll, uhm, ...Look! over there! something Shiny. *runs off*
heheh, Nah. But it never hurts to ask, right? ^-^;;

Anyways. My Mod list and then im out.
  • ADAMS - ITT
    Auto Freight Scan V5
    Bounty Boost
    Community Extended Mod Pack
    Improved Kha'ak
    Improved Xenon
    Mass-Driver Ammo Generator
    Player Friendly Equipment Docks
    Player Friendly Shipyards
    Race Response Fleets Final
    Report Enemy Action
    STO (IE: Sector Take Over)
    TCCPTF Additional Commands
    TerraCorps Fleet Package
    Universe Explorers
    Xenon Shipyard
    Yaki Armada
I also ran respawn-roids and respawn-stations when i first started the game, and X3 is all updated, plus most of the bonus pack, minus a few things like afterburner / shield hacker / pickup astronauts / etc,

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 02:22

Just to let you all know, I'm still around, even though I haven't posted for a while. Had a few RL things distracting me lately, but I'm still working when I can.

I've had the FBC patrol stuff running for a while now without any problems. I haven't done anything with the "buy ship" or "buy tender" scripts, and the tender warehouse/refit feature is still original, too. But I've looked it over a few times to see what I can do to improve it.

Also still need to finish up the TF scripts, since the patrol stuff seems to work.

Hang in there... :)

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 13:04

...soooo just wondering whats going on with the script,
since its been a while since anything was said and me 'hanging in there' only last so long, :P
3month it turns out, :wink:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Dec 09, 07:45

I must have missed your previous post - sorry.
Mainly,
the FBC likes to reset its patrol sector every time i load my game
News to me - I haven't thoroughly tested that though, so it's possible it's something I missed.
Also, the FBC tender isnt equipping the ships the base hires,
ive left it set for hours on SETA with 6 million in the station/FBC, and the Tender just sets there with equipment in its cargo bay, (IE: shields / weapons) while my fighters patrol equipment-less
It should work - it does for me, and that is something I've thoroughly tested. Is the equipment appropriate for the ship type(s) being used by the FBC?
and im sorry if this has been brought up before, i scanned through the thread, and the read-me post, but didnt see anything on it,
(but knowing my luck i most likely missed it, Razz)
ive also had a pilot name comes up as 'rea. readtext ######'
Full text of whatever message you're getting would be more useful, or a description of what process leads to that. Difficult to say from that what the issue might be.

Do you have the latest version?

As for the request, for the moment at least, I'm not working on TFP. I can't say whether I will return or not at any stage, although it's looking less and less likely at the moment.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”