[Script] TerraCorps Fleet Package

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 18:04

Quickest or cheapest?

Quickest way is to use a Argon/Teledi TD in a nice safe sector. Give it 9 m5's, 6 m4's and as many M3's as you need. Keep track of which pilots have good traits for later. You could do it manually but that wont be quick at all

give it 6 to 12 hrs for all the promotions to go through. ( this will only get you to Ensign iirc)

Now if you just want to cheat yourself some pilots. Spawn fodder for combat rank cheat works. Captains and above still need fight time, no matter their rank, to be able to enter larger ships.

As for the Cheapest no idea. Its not really a script that can be done cheaply.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Firewrath
x3tc

FBC ...issues. And request. :P

Post by Firewrath » Tue, 29. Sep 09, 18:49

So ofcourse, first off, Like the mod, :P
i would Love it, but ive been having some problems with it,

Mainly,
the FBC likes to reset its patrol sector every time i load my game,
i have the FBC in a Wheat Farm set up in Omicron Lyrae, and i currently have the patrol sector set one sector 'up' from the base in Circle of Labour, as Xenon like to wander through OL and destroy my recruits,
But everytime i reload the game, my fighters start patrolling OL again instead of CoL.

Also, the FBC tender isnt equipping the ships the base hires,
ive left it set for hours on SETA with 6 million in the station/FBC, and the Tender just sets there with equipment in its cargo bay, (IE: shields / weapons) while my fighters patrol equipment-less,
i thought it might change once the Tours of Duty were over, but theyve had a few and even go back to the station/FBC before heading out again, but still the tender doesnt hand anything over to them,
But, if i turn off the FBC, sell everything the Tender is holding, then restart the FBC, it starts buying stuff and equipping everyone till it decides to stop again,

and im sorry if this has been brought up before, i scanned through the thread, and the read-me post, but didnt see anything on it,
(but knowing my luck i most likely missed it, :P)
ive also had a pilot name comes up as 'rea. readtext ######'
but only once, so i dont remember the numbers, and the Xenon took it out before i could pay much attention to it anyways, :P
(ive also cleared my log since then, sorry, i really didnt plan on posting, but the patrol-sector issue has finally irked me enough, ^-^)

Eitherway though, since the mod seems to be in update/rewrite, maybe the FBC bit is worth a look?
(Also, my mod list is at the bottom of the post if that might be causing some issue)

Now for the request, cause those two oddities just werent enough. ;)
i Love the idea behind the FBC, but the Tender issue has pointed out an annoyance, and another minor point,
First, would it be possible to make the FBC buy the S/M/L ship load-outs?
this would at least help with the equipping bit if you cant find an issue with it. (IE: if its something on my end)
and secondly, would it be possible to set the Missile Fire Chance using an option from the FBC for the ships it hires?
i noticed the tender (when its working for me, :roll: ) gives the fighters missiles, but the fire chance is still at 5%, which is fine in most cases, but if i wanted to change it to say 25%, id have to do it on every ship,
like i said, its a minor point, but eh, would still be a nice option.

Also, (yes, theres more, :P)
Would it be possible to make it so you can setup a FBC in a TL/M1?
id Love to be able to grab an Elephant and set it up in a pirate/enemy sector as a FBC enabled forward base that would automatically replace its fighters.
Maybe set it so the TL/M1's 'home' (if a shipyyard) is where it recruits fighters from, and have the fighters that cant dock, (in the case of the TLs) just follow/'protect' the ship when its moved.
I can see having it recruit ships from more then a few sectors away might be a problem, but eh.

Anyways. Sorry for the long post.
As i said, i really didnt plan on posting, but since i did, might as well get it all out. :P
As for the request and the 'well why dont you do it yourself instead of causing me more work?'
Weeellll, uhm, ...Look! over there! something Shiny. *runs off*
heheh, Nah. But it never hurts to ask, right? ^-^;;

Anyways. My Mod list and then im out.
  • ADAMS - ITT
    Auto Freight Scan V5
    Bounty Boost
    Community Extended Mod Pack
    Improved Kha'ak
    Improved Xenon
    Mass-Driver Ammo Generator
    Player Friendly Equipment Docks
    Player Friendly Shipyards
    Race Response Fleets Final
    Report Enemy Action
    STO (IE: Sector Take Over)
    TCCPTF Additional Commands
    TerraCorps Fleet Package
    Universe Explorers
    Xenon Shipyard
    Yaki Armada
I also ran respawn-roids and respawn-stations when i first started the game, and X3 is all updated, plus most of the bonus pack, minus a few things like afterburner / shield hacker / pickup astronauts / etc,

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Mon, 5. Oct 09, 02:22

Just to let you all know, I'm still around, even though I haven't posted for a while. Had a few RL things distracting me lately, but I'm still working when I can.

I've had the FBC patrol stuff running for a while now without any problems. I haven't done anything with the "buy ship" or "buy tender" scripts, and the tender warehouse/refit feature is still original, too. But I've looked it over a few times to see what I can do to improve it.

Also still need to finish up the TF scripts, since the patrol stuff seems to work.

Hang in there... :)

Firewrath
x3tc

Post by Firewrath » Thu, 24. Dec 09, 13:04

...soooo just wondering whats going on with the script,
since its been a while since anything was said and me 'hanging in there' only last so long, :P
3month it turns out, :wink:

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Fri, 25. Dec 09, 07:45

I must have missed your previous post - sorry.
Mainly,
the FBC likes to reset its patrol sector every time i load my game
News to me - I haven't thoroughly tested that though, so it's possible it's something I missed.
Also, the FBC tender isnt equipping the ships the base hires,
ive left it set for hours on SETA with 6 million in the station/FBC, and the Tender just sets there with equipment in its cargo bay, (IE: shields / weapons) while my fighters patrol equipment-less
It should work - it does for me, and that is something I've thoroughly tested. Is the equipment appropriate for the ship type(s) being used by the FBC?
and im sorry if this has been brought up before, i scanned through the thread, and the read-me post, but didnt see anything on it,
(but knowing my luck i most likely missed it, Razz)
ive also had a pilot name comes up as 'rea. readtext ######'
Full text of whatever message you're getting would be more useful, or a description of what process leads to that. Difficult to say from that what the issue might be.

Do you have the latest version?

As for the request, for the moment at least, I'm not working on TFP. I can't say whether I will return or not at any stage, although it's looking less and less likely at the moment.

christina one dash one
x3tc

Post by christina one dash one » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 02:58

hay does your Terracorps Fleet Package or other work in terran conflict?
Freelancer GIRLIE SI FI nutter

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 07:33

'Fraid not, no. BlackRain attempted a port, which does work though I believe there are a few unresolved issues. There's supposed to be a package which is similar (and probably superior) - CODEA I think is the one I'm thinking of?

christina one dash one
x3tc

Post by christina one dash one » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 08:07

i played,with my brother, X2 to death .
we just pooled our pocket money together.
Cos , x3 gold is not in Australia. But i saw a copy in eb games.. and BEGGED my mum to buy it and dave and I paid mum back ( bit by bit)

BUt the question is..
what is a good mod for better terran conflict game/x3 game.

we got the cheat mod so we can make a film, but at the moment we are saving for fraps.cos the trail version only does 30 seconds of capture.
so any good mods for 3x terran conflict and x3 please
thank you christina.
Freelancer GIRLIE SI FI nutter

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 08:23

Take a look in the TC forum, is the best I can suggest. Do a search - there's bound to have been 'Must have' or 'which scripts/mods' threads.

haafie

Post by haafie » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 19:44

In the readme of the file from Xai upon installation with the Plugin Manager, it states I will require the original Combat Pilot Script. I have looked to see where I can download that specific file, but have unfortunately been unable to locate the right file. Is this file included in the package TCCPTF-1.53.spk?

Thank you for helping a new player.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 04:44

The package contains everything required. Not sure which readme you were looking at (there are several included from previous incarnations/separate packages which are now incorporated in this one, and it's likely you were reading one of those. the Readme_1st is the one which has the info for this package.)

copow33
x3tc

nee d this script for X3TC

Post by copow33 » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 07:08

Has This Script been ported for X3TC yet and if it has where do i find it

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Tue, 30. Nov 10, 19:57

As far as I know it hasn't.

Oh, and Hi!

I'm getting back into the scene and I'm going to pick this up and see if I can port it over. So, give a a while and I'll see what I can do.

CODEA for TC is a nice Carrier command suite, however it doesn't do the things I would like it to do.

That being said, I'll probably end up rewriting this whole package to fit into TC, or not, depending on what I must change.

I'm not promising anything, but I'll try. It's been a long time since I have done any real script work.

jagji56
x3tc

Post by jagji56 » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 07:56

Quick question. I read though this thread a bit, but was unable to work out exactly what the script is suppose to do.... could someone explain it for me?

Thanks.

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 15:07

jagji56 wrote:Quick question. I read though this thread a bit, but was unable to work out exactly what the script is suppose to do.... could someone explain it for me?

Thanks.
Quick dirty and simple.

Lets you hire pilots to fly your fighters. They learn as they gain rank.

Let's you set a commander for a station which will allow you to make it a fighter base. The commander of the FB helps train pilots and orders replacement ships and maintains his base in general.

These pilots can then be moved into larger ships and a fleet can be started that can patrol an area.

This is all for X3: R, not for X3: TC

Hope that helps.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 16:50

Nice to see you back on the case.
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Mandrak
x3

Post by Mandrak » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 17:06

Anything happening with this one? It was such a cool script, one of my favorites, and i'ts a shame there is no x3tc version of it ;(
Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 15:31

What exactly does this do? It dsnt say on the first page... :|
F signature

siath70
x4

Re: [Script] TerraCorps Fleet Package

Post by siath70 » Mon, 23. May 22, 04:17

Welp, I am necroing this thread as I am back.

And yes I have the original TCCTF files I'll be putting up after I do a check that everything is working. (Read, I'll be installing X3-R to check the scripts and if they're ok I'll put a drop box link and if there is a play a Nexus link to the PCK files.

I am not actively playing X3 - reunion, however I am starting to play X3 - FL. I am considering updating this to work with that. Which should in a round about way make it work in TC and AP, or at least let me adjust it easier to work.

It has been a long time and I am retired, so I have time to work on this off and on.

I'll update more in the future when I am ready to post the files.

P.S. I left this here to notify people I am back and this script will be active again. I'll be starting a new thread for this script as it will be needed. So, I'll post a link here to the new thread when I am ready.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”