[AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions v15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 18. Apr 07, 20:39

No, in the the search and destroy script, they're programmed to park themselves in a random location and wait for something to enter their scanner range. This decreases the system load significantly. When you start attacking them, they should awaken.

Are you sure they just sat there when attacked?

Also, I like your idea of establishing bases, and invading neighbours. You could have a real-time realistic war going on. Eventually, the whole universe could be taken over. Hmm..

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 18. Apr 07, 20:40

DangerDave,

I'm not using an "exist", I'm using a signal which captures the kill. Without that, I wouldn't be able to tell who killed the ship.

I'm using the same routines for the capture signal as well, but it simply doesn't fire.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 02:21

The invasion will not happen in any sector containing a shipyard.
Does this only include the normal shipyards or will additional shipyards spawned by other plugins (e.g. merc guild shipyard) "protect" a sector from a invasion, too?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 02:28

The check is for an object of type "Shipyard". So I imagine other mods spawning shipyards in systems will also render them unavailable for spawns.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 03:01

Litcube wrote:Are you sure they just sat there when attacked?
The J/Ks always react when you get close to them, however squadrons of L/Ms etc tend to be idle right up until they get attacked. Perhaps their scanner range is really limited? I could have sworn also, that some squadrons remain static even when you kill their mates, but I really should check that out a bit more.
Litcube wrote:Also, I like your idea of establishing bases, and invading neighbours. You could have a real-time realistic war going on. Eventually, the whole universe could be taken over. Hmm..
Seriously, how cool would that be. I think you'll have a VERY popular script if you decided to give it a go. Is something like that a major project, or only moderate?

AG.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 03:12

Take the initial time estimate for a project and multiply it by a factor of 100 to get the amount of work required. I'll be considering this.

subaluigi
x3tc

Post by subaluigi » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 15:46

Salut Litcube, :)

your script sounds interesting, well, both ;)
Will check them tomorrow/weekend. I hope, it's working fine together with the other scripts i've installed:
1101 & Bzzztzzr by Redspot,
Bounty Hunter Guild by Cycrow,
Xenon Migration by Cycrow,
Pirate Guild Intelligent Pirate Behaviours by Serial Kicked,
YakiArmada by Serial Kicked,
Race Invasion by STM,
Race Response Fleet - jump to protect by LV + toastie
and another Kha'ak- invasion script I found in my X3 downloadfolder, but I'm sorry, I don't know anymore, who made it and where it can be found in the Forum again :-(
But they all together are making an end to the calm and peaceful vanilla- X3. :D - There is always some action in universe :)

Well, talking about to extend this script. The idea of invading enemies is really cool, but let's talk about somthing different. I've checked the "Fight Command Software MK3: The new fighting AI" by X-Freak Cartman [KBG] and it looks cool. I would be happy if u could talk to Cartman if it would be possible to take his script and combine it with yours -> would mean, tricky, quickly evading special enemies... :twisted:
The idea is, I think a complete armada is a bit heavy, but from time to time a "special-invasion" with maybe 10, 15 M3 using this fighting MK3- software would be really fun 8)
We all love competition ;)
But well, it's only an idea, think about it :)

Have a good time, à la prochaine, merci

Louis
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***modified***
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨and proud of it!!
'Cause X without scripts is like girls without tits...

another new video of the: >>Terran Conflict<<

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Fri, 20. Apr 07, 14:44

Litcube wrote:Take the initial time estimate for a project and multiply it by a factor of 100 to get the amount of work required. I'll be considering this.
Hmm, fair enough! Well, its up to you!! I am more than happy to put my hand up as a "tester", but I'm sure you have plenty of other offers!

I think, if you feel you have the time for it, would be an amazing mod. I have not seen/heard ANYTHING along these lines. There are no mods/scripts which actually have enemies creating stations and expanding. This would be seriously popular I think.

There is an AI Competitor's script by LV, but unfortunately he's having to re-work some code, however that script I am very much looking forward too also.

AG.

Kalen

Post by Kalen » Wed, 1. Aug 07, 18:37

The invasions will only happen in any of the 5 major races sectors. The invasion will not happen in any sector containing a shipyard, or any sectors not found to have any stations.
I am playing with XTM and I would like to add the terrans to the script.
Would it be easy ?

Terrans need to know fear too :twisted:

Thanks

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 2. Aug 07, 01:34

Depends on how much scripting you know, I guess.[/quote]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 2. Aug 07, 01:52

I'm also planning an update to this within the near future.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 18:01

Version 12 of both XTM 0.7.2 and Vanilla 2.0.02 updated! See first post!

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 18:42

either the installer plays trick with my mind again - or you forgot to package the text file for the XTM version ?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 18:51

You're right! Remove those, and download again. I updated all 4 SPKs (file name didn't change).

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 19:00

thank you, I really like the scripts :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 06:36

Is everything ok with these so far?

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 07:23

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 10:14

hi litcube!
first of, you have some very good plugins, i really enjoy them, like all of the players that uses them
secondly, i told you once, and il tell you again, plz, add the script to the library...its got so so so much potential...
and thirdly, some of us are combat junkies and want the script more for the exciting combat that it gives, not for the money(me) so wouldnt it be possible to decrease the amount of time between invasions(yes i know its random) and also the payouts? this could be a selectable option for the player when he starts the script :)
im thinking of decreasing the invasion timers by half, as well as the rewards :)
The answer is just another question.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 17:19

You know, perhaps this might not be a bad idea. The initial concept, however, was just to add a looming threat over the Universe. You never know when these things are going to show up, you never know where, and worse yet, you don't even know what's going to show up when it does. That was my original intent.

That said, I should probably add the timer, trade/fight rank requirement (I read your issue), and reward variables to a text file, and have them read there, so non-scripters can at least change this stuff.

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Thu, 9. Aug 07, 23:22

yeah, since i must say, that your script is truly plugins for combat out there, but still, for those that are combat lovers we need MORE, most us us probably dont even want the rewards, i for one was surprised when i got the rewards, very surprised
and also, dont worry about using this script to get ppl reps up, simply because ppl nowadays just donate for rep so it doesnt make much difference
Litcube wrote:That said, I should probably add the timer, trade/fight rank requirement (I read your issue), and reward variables to a text file, and have them read there, so non-scripters can at least change this stuff.
great idea, i say you go ahead with tihs :D
The answer is just another question.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”