[AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions v15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 19:18

Litcube wrote:If you're familiar with scripting, edit the .main file of both of these scripts. Look for an array called Time[x] (it could be called Timer[x]). It's an array of seven integers, if I recall, each depicting the range of time that the scripts will randomly spawn for a countdown until the next event. The numbers represent the number of "ticks" that the script counts down until the invasion. A tick is equal to 60 seconds.
Thanks, this can be made in the script editor?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 19:53

Er.. If you're asking if the changes I've outlined above can be made in the X3 script editor, then yes.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 20:36

Ok, I thougt you where refering to the script itself. thanks again...

goulchewer
x2

Post by goulchewer » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 21:14

Litcube,

LitQB.Lib.FormatNumber.xml is not included in the packages and I am getting rewards with null quantities (although they pay me the right amount of money :) ). LitQB.Lib.GetSoundNumber.xml and LitQB.Lib.Gen.GetSectorArray.xml are also not included but I got them from 0.6 version. Finally, I found out that, in the khaak package, there is a al.LitQB.XenonInv.EnemyKilled.xml instead of a al.LitQB.Khaak Inv.EnemyKilled.xml; so I guess that something is not working as it should (although I have not check it)

I hope the feedback can help you. I also think that the x-universe is quite boring and need some extra action :D .

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 00:39

Oh crap. Thanks again, goulchewer. I'll upload the proper package. All these careless errors I'm making packing this thing.

Thanks, man. I would have never known if you didn't do the research into what was missing.

Give me an hour.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 00:48

V11
- Thanks to goulchewer again, I packaged the scripts incorrectly. Rewards should show up correctly, randomly generated sectors should work. Sounds should now function correctly.

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 22:05

A Question:

Will the invasions keep on respawning indefinitely at periodic intervals?

If not, is there a way they could be made to do so? It'd be nice if they kept on attacking randomly every so often, not just once and then done. :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 20. Jan 07, 22:09

They keep coming.

1) Countdown timer begins.
2) Once countdown reaches zero, [race] invader spawns
3) [race] invader begins to destroy everything in sector
4) Countdown timer is frozen until [race] invader is destroyed
5) Once invaders are destroyed, countdown timer spawns random countdown again. Process repeats.

Obviously, there's two different countdown timers per both the Xenon and Kha'ak.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 02:36

Great script! Been having trouble capping Kha'aks and annoyed that there aren't enough flying around. Will try it out as soon as I can!

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 04:06

**Note on capturing these spawned enemies**
For some reason, the signal command -> capture for xenon ships is either bugged or simply doesn't work, so I can't attach a script for any ships that bail. If you see a xenon ship that was spawned by this script that had bailed, you will have to destroy it in order to close the current spawn. Sorry folks, but if someone can explain to me why it's not working, I'll fix it.

I would cautiously submit that this is also the same for the Kha'ak script.

pasty11
x3

Post by pasty11 » Wed, 28. Mar 07, 14:44

Yo,

Thanks for this. After installing the jump to protect script, which I found necessary to create immersion (if anoyed me how race military would idly watch as an aggressor went on the rampage in a sector) I found that the Race fleets squashed any threats including kaack in core/border sectors.

This made things dull. This script should make the universe more hostile again and should combine nicely with the above script.

I am surprised this script isnt getting more attention because scripts of this nature are normaly very popular. Why is not in the script library?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 29. Mar 07, 21:44

I haven't requested it to be in the library. I figured if people liked it, it'd catch on by worth of mouth. Some of the self-promotion with mods is embarrasing, and I wanted to avoid it if it wasn't worthy for the community.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 1. Apr 07, 10:16

Just had my second Xenon invasion, and boy, does this slow down my computer :)

I found a maybe bug/maybe deliberate misinformation ... the number of Xenon listed in the first message does not necessarily correlate with the actual numbers shown up for the fight.
In the first one, I had (among others) 1 J and 18 L. In the sector were 2 J and probably quite a few more L (didn't have the time to count exactly though).
In the second invasion, the message listed 0 J and 2 K. Insector, there were no K at all, but 2 J.

Also, at the end of the first mission, I had pretty much cleaned up the sector. After much searching I found a lone M, which jumped out of the system before I could get there. No other Xenon were to be found, but the mission did not end. After some 30 minutes, there was a message that the sector was cleaned, but I received no reward at all.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 17:55

Hello, Mailo.

If the AI destroys some of the ships in the sector, you're not going to get a reward for it. Interestingly enough, though, the Xenon don't jump out of sector on their own. They stay and fight until the end. What might help is covering the sector in adv. satellites to ensure that you got em' all.

One more thing, capturing a spawed ship will delay the end mission result until that ship is destroyed (as stated above).

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 18:36

Litcube wrote:Hello, Mailo.

If the AI destroys some of the ships in the sector, you're not going to get a reward for it. Interestingly enough, though, the Xenon don't jump out of sector on their own. They stay and fight until the end. What might help is covering the sector in adv. satellites to ensure that you got em' all.

One more thing, capturing a spawed ship will delay the end mission result until that ship is destroyed (as stated above).
You mean, if the sector forces destroy one single Xenon M5, I won't get payed for any of my ~50 kills? Ouch ... then I'll never get paid.

As to the jumping out, I had the ship in my target when it jumped.
On second thought, I have the Race Response script installed, maybe one of those killed the last ship, and then jumped out. I just saw the target disappear and at the same time, a jump flash ...

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 18:52

Xenon Migration is taking me 2-3+ capital ships to keep things clean. Lets see what type of havoc this script will create :mrgreen:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:13

Mailo, I mispoke. You will get credit for the ships that you kill, just not the ships that you don't kill. If you kill 2, and someone else kills one, you'll be paid for 2. I did test this script extensively on my own game with an increased spawn rate, and everything seemed in order.

I have completely written the AI on the ships themselves, and it's only search and destroy. If the ships are jumping out, either they weren't spawned by this script, or another mod is taking them over.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:18

Ok, then something else went wrong, because I received no reward at all for my ~50 kills.
It is possible I left one ship behind that turned neutral, which would explain why I didn't find any hostiles but still didn't get a "mission complete" message. Only quite some time later, right before I was notified of the next invasion, did I get a message that the sector now was safe again.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:30

Ah, ok. Yeah, what happened is one of the following:

a) You did not kill the ships (regardless of how hard you looked, you didn't find them. I have never ran into that problem as I've always had 8 adv. sats in every sector, modded, so I can see everything.

b) You accidently capped a xenon ship.

If the following day you recieved a mission complete message, it means another race found the lone ship and destroyed it, thus completing the invasion. It's not likely to happen, because the search and destroy script has the ships returning to the center of the sector every so often to re-calibrate their search pattern, but depending on the design of the sector, these lone spawned ships could be lonely for quite some time.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 22:28

Litcube wrote:Ah, ok. Yeah, what happened is one of the following:

a) You did not kill the ships (regardless of how hard you looked, you didn't find them. I have never ran into that problem as I've always had 8 adv. sats in every sector, modded, so I can see everything.

b) You accidently capped a xenon ship.

If the following day you recieved a mission complete message, it means another race found the lone ship and destroyed it, thus completing the invasion. It's not likely to happen, because the search and destroy script has the ships returning to the center of the sector every so often to re-calibrate their search pattern, but depending on the design of the sector, these lone spawned ships could be lonely for quite some time.
I captured a Kha'ak carrier... will it work if i reverse-engineer it? (I capped it using heavy assault technollogy). Also got a m3 and 2 m5s.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”