[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 21. Jun 08, 19:35

OUTLAWJamie, Karlfrans,

For both of you, if there is any chance that you have a clean copy of your X3/XTM install "without" the converter, STOP before going any further and make a back up copy of that entire install folder. Trust me it will save you time and time again.

The converter is installed by either using the .SPK file or "manually" copying the contents of the "scripts" and "t" folder into the same places in your X3 install location. If you use the .SPK, you use the Plugin manager to simply install it, you don't extract it.

OUTLAWJamie,

I don't know what you used to "extract" the .SPK so it could be that the right files didn't get to the right place. You can try re-installing the converter using the .SPK file with the Plugin Manager. It should then put everything in the right place.

Karlfrans,

See above for OUTLAWJamie.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 02:52

OUTLAWJamie wrote:downloaded it
extracted spk. into scripts in x3 reunion directory
Just a thought, and apologies if I'm wrong, but I know you're after the "copy ships" script, not the converter. Are you sure you downloaded the right package? There are several downloads available in the first post, you're after this download which is about the fourth download down.

OUTLAWJamie

Post by OUTLAWJamie » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 13:00

yes Eladan i have that fixed now its just my rally big problem what i have posted in XTM mod tech support

please look there and see if u have any idea what i can do

thanks in advance

Kitty
x3tc

Post by Kitty » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 17:40

Many thanks for the X2 X3 Converter, and for the station kick fix published on this thread (solving the issue of stations not starting after creation).

Besides this, thus in case nobody wrote it before, there is another bug: some ships are not exported from X2 - and there is a possible fix. Since I have nop space for downloading file handing, I cannot share my personal fix, but here is the idea:
in the part of the script tagging the ships for future export, there is a loop on x and y for the sectors, ok, then a copy of the ships owed by player and stations owned by player in an array.
Then the stations owned by player are visited for ships. This is the error. You have to visit also stations not owned by player, and not take all ship but only those owned by player.
Pseudocode:

Code: Select all

stationArray <- get stations of the sector
for each station in stationArray do
 tmp.array <- get ships from this station
 for each ship in tmp.array beginning by end of array to first of array do
    if ship is not owned by player
      remove ship from tmp.array
    end if
 done (ship)
 add all tmp.array in Array 
done (station)
This is certainly more time consuming, but it worked well for me at not that much time overhead (276 items exported w/o the fix, 287 with the fix for a total of 287).

Anyway, I'm lucky that fix was enough: given the algorithm there is another risk: since the script is interuptible, there is a chance that while it is running a ship changes sector from a sector unmarked to a sector already marked. With 113 ships my probability was low, but I keep in ming that this could happen, I saw no protection against that in the script and I have no idea how to avoid it and still work in background.

milp

Post by milp » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 17:50

Does anyone know if this also converts the mission stats of the main game plot and the xtm and bala gi missions?

burningcpu

Thanks Symtech, this script was wonderful!

Post by burningcpu » Tue, 29. Jul 08, 22:30

This worked nearly perfect for me. The only problem was a few spp's weren't producing, but I ran the kickstart program (provided on page 17 of this thread, with instructions), and now everything is running great. Thanks again!

th0th
x4

Post by th0th » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 10:33

Sounds like a neat little program, now if only i can find the cd with my old x2 empire can't believe i didn't come across this sooner, as an aside, was there ever a similar one for :xbtf: & :xt: -> :x2: , sorry if that's been asked or previously ruled damn near impossible, i am merely curious as i can find my old old empire :headbang:

Poobah
x3tc

Post by Poobah » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 17:20

With the X3->X3 version of this script will X3 plot progress be saved?

Cheers.
Lead me not into temptation,
For I can find the way myself!

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 17:42

mufassa,

As far as I know, no. Only if you are importing your empire into a save game that already has progressed into the plot. But beware, the converter has code that doesn't allow you to duplicate your empire if its been imported already.

Meaning if you started a NEW game and ran the plot to a certain point, you could then import your empire from a previous save to that new plot point.

Your plot progress, as far as I know is saved in your savegame, but the converter doesn't pull any of that data.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 05:10

You are correct spoidz the converter does not save plot progress.

SymTec ltd. do you have a problem if i post a 2.6 x3-x3 converter bug fix?
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Duke Flipside
x4

Post by Duke Flipside » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 17:30

Sorry if this has been covered before, but should this work for XTM 0.7 -> XTM 0.7? I tried it, but it only copied my cash, visited sectors, and some race reps (Argon+Boron I think); didn't copy any of my ships at all.

I used the X3-X3 converter (not XTM 0.6->0.7, since both saves are XTM 0.7 and I figured that might screw things up), following the instructions in the readme. Just wondering if there's something else I should be doing, or if it's just destined to failure?

If anyone's wondering why I should want to do this; I fairly-recently installed XTM, and I want to visit the Terran sectors, but started a plot game without realising I can't get there until finishing the plot. And since my processor is so rubbish the game gets too laggy for me to be able to complete the second mission, I figured I'd just switch to a non-plot game. But I don't really want to start over...

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 17:46

Duke,

Did you already import your Vanilla into a new XTM start? The converter won't allow a "double" import.

The converter has had some problems with XTM ships, I have always used the .6-.7 add on no matter what, because I had some special ships in my vanilla. But I haven't tried XTM to XTM either.

You CAN turn on the Terran sectors in a plot or non-plot game using the AL menu. BUT...once you do, you can't close them back. And if you are way low in Argon rep to start, your Terran rep is gonna be deadly and the Argon-Terran wars are gonna be ferocious.

Duke Flipside
x4

Post by Duke Flipside » Sat, 23. Aug 08, 21:59

No, it's a fresh XTM start, I didn't copy across a vanilla save prior to this. And the problem is that the gate in Heretic's End doesn't appear until the plot is completed :( Have already seen Terran Expeditionary Forces flying around, but the gate just isn't there :cry: Good point re: Argon rep though, I may want to leave it till I've boosted that a bit!

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sun, 24. Aug 08, 02:21

Duke,

I'm waiting on a reply from the XTM forum that may answer some questions for both of us.

I have always used the .6-.7 addon no matter what type of XTM game I start. You could try adding it and retry the converter.

Or if you are happy with your Ranks and money at this point, LV cheat your ships back into your empire. You LV cheat their equipment back as well.

Li1t

X2-X3 converter? Links broken

Post by Li1t » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 18:24

I just played through X2 again, and have just started playing through X3R again, in the run-up to X3TC coming out. After completing the story in that, I'd established a nice little empire and was flying around in a Osprey swatting Xenon K like flies.

Now what I want to do is transfer this to X3R. I know there's a conversion script, but all of the links on that page seem to be dead.

Is there any chance someone could link me to a working download?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Re: X2-X3 converter? Links broken

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 4. Oct 08, 17:21

Li1t wrote:I just played through X2 again, and have just started playing through X3R again, in the run-up to X3TC coming out. After completing the story in that, I'd established a nice little empire and was flying around in a Osprey swatting Xenon K like flies.

Now what I want to do is transfer this to X3R. I know there's a conversion script, but all of the links on that page seem to be dead.

Is there any chance someone could link me to a working download?
I fixed the download links. Not only did my whole script database get lost last week, but it also looks like the backup server is moving this weekend. Sorry. :roll:

Additionally, I have to announce that there won't be any more updates to this script pack. I know that there are still issues with the scripts, but I don't feel able to solve them. Thanks to the thousands of people who used the program nevertheless. :)

rhohltjr
x3tc

Close to X3 TC now

Post by rhohltjr » Tue, 14. Oct 08, 00:48

I hope you are considering doing a X3 Reunion to X3 TC converter.

:D :D :D

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 21:13

Hmm.

Just did an X3-X3 conversion from a previous save, but it says "Created 2 objects". I had about 11 ships i think, and it didn't create a single one. It just gave me my money and my sectors, and probably race reps. That's it.

Why could this be?

Oh my god! Araknis! You absolute freaking legend. You were spot on the money, i was reading through the entire thread when i randomly stopped on your post, i tried your suggestion and it works perfectly now! Hooray!

Thankyou so much!

By the way, i didn't select the factory, and it still worked, so i don't think that flashing was relevant
Rawr.

Mistac2000

Post by Mistac2000 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 21:49

apologies if this is covered in the thread, but the search functions are at the least difficult with this forum. Anywho, I have a steam version of both x2 and x3. Is the process the same in this case as the readme. And if it is, is their anyone who'd be willing to walk me through this because it really seems to be more difficult than the readme promotes.

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 01:37

Mistac2000

What exactly do you want to do?? Are you adding XTM to X3R?? Or are you staying vanilla X3.

Are you going to stay with Steam X3??

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”