[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Fri, 30. May 14, 08:51

Hey guys, I read through several pages and just couldn't find a straight forward answer for my question, so I'm sorry if it's been asked and I missed it :X

I started a X3TC campaign recently, was starting to gain momentum, then read about the XTM. Sadly I misinterpreted what it was, thinking it would just "enhance" the current X3TC with these new features and fixes and make my current game better. But yeah.....

Of course now I can't load my vanilla games and there's no real way to uninstall just the XTM to complete my original game first. So while I'm not totally opposed to just starting over, is there a way to at least use this script to convert my ships/credits from the X3TC game to a new Terran XTM campaign??

Thanks for any help!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 30. May 14, 17:17

Yes. No.

Yes, you can go back to X3TC and finish your "Vanilla"-game. Easiest way: Do a fresh install of X3TC, patch it to the exact same patch you have been using before, load original save. Enjoy.
A clean install is better than deleting scripts and folders from your installation.

You write about XTM - but that is a (fantastic) Mod for X3-Reunion. I think, you are speaking about XTC, the Xtended-Mod for X3-Terran Conflict (X3TC). There is no way to use a X3TC-savegame in XTC, as the Mod is kind of total conversion and changes the X3-universe completely. All the sectors are new, the map does not correspond in any way to X3TC and so on.

In other words: XTC is a new game, based on the X3TC-game engine. You have to start a new game. But it is worth it :)

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Sat, 31. May 14, 05:13

Ha, everything makes so much more sense now. Answered so many questions. Thank you for that zaz :)

And you're 100% right I was referring to XTC. I started a Paranid campaign, it's still great (though I'm off to a....slow start), but I was doing so well in my Vanilla game, feels like I'm cheating on it with this new mod :X

Thanks again

Nelkhael
x3ap

Post by Nelkhael » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 12:20

I'm trying to spend my departure from X2 to X3 and X2 part of this check well but can not find the "X2-X3-Converter command - Decompress this script in the X3.
How do I move my stuff from X2 to X3 Meeting ¿?

Kisty
x3ap

Stations not generating resources

Post by Kisty » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 17:07

Hi there!

Thanks for this amazing script! Have been able to transfer everything from X2 to X3:Reunion. My problem is, my stations from X2 aren't generating any resources. Have I missed something out?

Thanks!
"Press any key... where's the any key?" Homer J. Simpson

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 17:36

Do you actually mean resources or more generally wares (i.e. products)?
Resources are the wares a station requires in order to produce products. Resources are never produced by the station, but have to be supplied. Products are the wares which are produced by a station. If a station doesn't start its production cycle, check that it has enough resources of each type. The number in brackets below the stock value of each ware tells you how many units of that ware are required to start one production cycle.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Kisty
x3ap

Post by Kisty » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 18:13

Ah right, thanks for the quick response and info.

I mean that when the stations are transferred from X2 to X3, the station is not generating any wares and not using any resources with a production cycle of 00:01 and 0% for each of my stations. See the screenshot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1476522139

(for some reason I can't inline the direct screenshot file with the img tags, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
"Press any key... where's the any key?" Homer J. Simpson

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”