[SCRIPT] PiloteAI III.70 (28.09.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Avantoll

Post by Avantoll » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 10:50

Yes, i have the mEngine installed. Could it be that this replaces the x2script.xsl file? I remember some other mod using this file aswell.

edit.: I just tried if i get any errors without your script, and it is definitely incompatible with one of the plugins i listed. I am not sure in which way though, as the only things that get broken are the LV Cheats menu and the Pirating menu (i hope its called like that in English, i only have the German install of the game).

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 11:48

and what release of PilotIA are you using ?
If this is a german one, can you tell me where I can find it, as it is not a very official one :-).
I will verify if this archive is Ok or if there is any mistake in it.
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

Avantoll

Post by Avantoll » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 12:54

Azz wrote:and what release of PilotIA are you using ?
If this is a german one, can you tell me where I can find it, as it is not a very official one :-).
I will verify if this archive is Ok or if there is any mistake in it.
I am using the X Plugin Manager one from the first post :wink:

I will try the normal download now.

edit.: And its amazing to actually find a community where people are actually this helpful.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 15:28

@Azz

Azz is it possible to isolate the ship renaming scripts/t-files and use those only? Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE your script but I run a heavily scripted game and sadly had to remove this one due to some conflicts.

Anyhow, is it possible? Ship renaming scripts are sadly lacking in the community. Of course there are great batch renamers like Gazz's version of RSwE and Osiris_sams renaming script but you are more or less forced to use the names the script creates.

Thanks!

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 10:34

No it's not possible simply...

You can use another script for renaming, but there is a command slot conflict between PilotAI and RSwE

The new incoming release of pilotAI will offer more parameters for renaming :
it will be now possible to use variables :
*ID : ship ID
*PN : Pilote Name
*PL : Pilot Rank
*GN : Squadron Name
*SC : Ship class ex : M3
*ST : Ship Type ex : nova avant-garde
*SN : Current ship name
*HB : ship HomeBase
*LD : ship Leader

and you can mix variable and text

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 11:30

Thank you for the response Azz. However there was still one question you did not answer :D

I think there is some confusement here. I have LV's RRF script installed and have had no conflicts. I have seen my AI's eject and NPC AI's to. I have seen posts which mention his PLAYER response fleets script. I did have that, but removed it before installing this. As I thought that one caused the problem.

So which is it that causes the problem? RRF? or PRF?

Also. What exactly does this conflict cause?
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 13:30

RRF :

compatible but some npc capital ships, those that are managed by RRF, would not be taken in account by pilotAI, an thus don't eject pilot or ai, and don't generate bounty for the player.

PRF :
when you use the 'Jump to Protect' command, if the ship is killed, it will not be detected by pilotAI, and so if the ship is a leader, it's squadron will not be reformed.
PRF do almost the same thing as the Early Warning & Strike Network and ComAI.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 14:04

Thank you Azz. I think I shall stick with your strike network. :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Avantoll

Post by Avantoll » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 12:06

Tried the normal non-script packager version. Didnt work either. It really seems to be incompatible with LVs Cheats

sartha
x4

Post by sartha » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 13:08

I've been playing with both PiloteIA and LV's Cheats combined for about a year now... and I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times over that year... There is no compatibility issue between the two on my system whatsoever >.>

The problem probably comes from another script you have installed.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3436478/923c ... Ships.html Home of the Wing Commander ships (xsp format) for X3 Reunion.

"Her speed and maneuverability make us look like we're standing still..." --about the Vesuvius-class Supercarrier.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 12. Jun 08, 21:44

This is a cool idea but can you make them eject when their ships are almost distroyed like when you cap ships. Then the AI could also cap your ships...LOL. That would be cool.

Avantoll

Post by Avantoll » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 12:55

sartha wrote:I've been playing with both PiloteIA and LV's Cheats combined for about a year now... and I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times over that year... There is no compatibility issue between the two on my system whatsoever >.>

The problem probably comes from another script you have installed.
Yeah, but which? I really want to use this script, but seeing as i get an immense amount of Readtext errors its completely unusable for me.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 13:05

Does nothing at all show up in the PM, if you use the .spk verison?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

sartha
x4

Post by sartha » Fri, 13. Jun 08, 18:40

Avantoll:

I'm not an expert but the only way I know how to verify which script is causing conflict would be to uninstall all the scripts then install PiloteIA and install your other scripts one after the other... testing the game between each script you install. Long but might be worth it.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3436478/923c ... Ships.html Home of the Wing Commander ships (xsp format) for X3 Reunion.

"Her speed and maneuverability make us look like we're standing still..." --about the Vesuvius-class Supercarrier.

LordAlrik

Post by LordAlrik » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 06:46

Sorry for the slow reply:

I do have the mEngine Library installed, yes. I still cannot use number 1 and 6 as Squadrons, as the Squadron leader, no matter who he is, will constantly "flicker" and any commands will be reset to "none."

Estar

Post by Estar » Thu, 19. Jun 08, 02:40

Amazing script!

A problem though. Read through the entire thread and couldn't find an answer.
Not sure if its a problem on my part or just missing from the mod. When displaying info on a ship, the rank of the pilot is not displayed in his name, forcing me to use the Pilot Status command to see what rank he is and this cancels current orders.

Example:

Vanilla: Production Director John (25)
PiloteAI: John

Instead of "Able Jaks (0)" I get "Jaks"

Also, how to access the extra rename functions?
When I use the "Input PilotAI Name" function I can only change the name and nothing else.

X3 Reunion V2.5
Bonus Package 3.1.07
Xtended 0.7.3
Race Response Fleets 1.7a
Improved Kha'ak 1.1
Improved Xenon 0.9
Universe Explorers 1.0.1
Salvage Insurance Contract 1.01
Fight Command Software MK3 Light 1.2
Open Combat System (OCS) 1.0 With FCS MK3 fix
PiloteAI 3.56
PrizzZ Library mEngine 1.1b

Thanks!

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Mon, 30. Jun 08, 12:45

I would really love to get this working :cry:

I can get most things to work like the AI database, installing AI's, upgrading AI's... etc. I cant get the most important features to work like multi sector sattelite network response fleets.
Not really clear on how to set up but i have tried most things i can think of including installing a ComAI in a Panther (XTD Support Carrier), creating a sqd of m3/m5 and through their leaders command console - piracy/squadron - SQ squadron commands - ComAI strike squadron.
That results in them just sitting there in the same sector and not responding to threats 1 jump away. I believe they did attack any hostiles in the same sector... if i recall correctly.
The only thing i can do at this point is assign a several sector patrol through the standard controls which is far from ideal or let them defend single sectors.

I'm running the XTD mod with the XTD version of any scripts that have it available. I am also running the following scripts most of which are listed as compatible with only a couple not on the incompatibility list:

Ashleys Factories & Extended Complex Hubs XTM
Asteroid creator
Autotrader Sector Lock
Complex Cleaner
Economy and Supply Trader
Emergency Escape Transporter
PiloteIA III
Product Finder
Ring of Fire
Satalite Early Warning Network
Station Trader Camper
Xtended Mod Scripts
x0ne Turret Control System (TCS)

Installation proceedure:
I installed the [LIB] mEngine by copying the files from the T and script folders into the same ones in my X3 dir. Then i ran the PilotIA spk through the installer, then i copied the T/script folder files that came with PilotIA into my X3 folder. Launched the game and fired up Thereshallbewings... saved... restarted. Not really sure if that order or proceedure was correct.

Any help to get this working correctly would be greatly appreciated as it sounds like the best grp command suite out there.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Sat, 12. Jul 08, 11:14

Apparently this thread isnt very lively anymore. Anyway, i finally figured some things out that arent explained in the manual or are lost in translation. For others who follow here are a few tips:

ComAI: To get a COMAI you must either level up one to 24+ lvl or buy one from the hacker station. Once you have it com the station again and request to upgrade it to COMAI. The station will send a drone out and automatically extract it from your AI database, wait until it completes the extraction before sailing off.
It takes a while for the base to get it ready, come back after a while, comm the station and request another "upgrade to COMAI" from the station... IF the COMAI you left is ready it will send it out to you.

COMAI Strike Squadron: To get this to work I use a fighter to limit the response range to a 5 sector radius (playing extreme mode in XTM... very hostile) and install a COMAI. I Strategically place this COMAI Fighter center of a cluster of sectors i want to protect.

Once he's in position I go to THAT COMAI's command console/general/AI communication with pilot AI... from there you get a pop up message, scroll to bottom and choose "COMAI early warning network settings"... another message pops up... I choose "network initializition in global mode", wait for the pop up... then i choose all hostile ship monitoring... wait for pop up... then i choose "COMAI : logon"..... finally when the last popup comes... choose cancel to close it out.

I made the mistake of logging off instead of canceling the last message and that doesnt work.
Also, make sure you have the AI extension running in additional ship commands. Once you have a large fleet i find it easier to just log onto the global settings from my ships command console and select "run AI extension on all properties" or something like that.

Tankers, Suppliers and frustations oh my! What a pain in the arse this is. Unless i missed something, i could only get a tanker and supplier squadron to replenish another squadron on a one time basis, then it would sit idly by waiting for me to tell it to replenish another squadron.

Come on! that can't be how it was intended! Was it??? I want them to continue following that squadron around replenishing them constantly until i tell them to stop or go to another squadron. This way is nearly useless.

Eventually i just loaded up an orca or an asgard with ecells and joined 1 each for each squadron and made it an ecell supplier. The squadrons dont really make good use of missiles or drones anyway. Oh yeah, dont forget to run that ai extension in the additional commands slot or they wont work.

Critique:

First let me say that the script has a lot of good points and your efforts to further the gameplay of others is appreciated and to be respected. Thses are some areas that i believe either need inprovement, changes or better explanations in the manual to avoid the problems because they have me pulling my hair out...

#1 Wayyyy to many messages to get things done. For example, buying, selling or upgrading AI's. Why do i have to go through several commands and then several pop up messages just to ask the station to buy or sell an AI???
Why not just have one simple command click to comm the station i'm targeting, rather then have to choose the sector, the station and then have to get within 4k of it anyway???

#2 Once you choose to buy some AI's you have to repeat this click intensive nightmare for each purchase. Why not give a repeating pop up message until you're done buying and have 1 drone deliver them all like when you sell them?

#3 If you want your fighter squads aboard you carriers to actually defend your carrier, you have to install an 8+ lvl AI in the leader and issue him the command "defend homebase/carrier" or else they will sit merrily aboard the carrier as it gets wasted. That should be automatic?

Of course since fighters dont have a great life span you have to install several 8+ lvl AI's in that squad so when the leader dies the next one will hopefully be high enough level to actually carry on defending its carrier.

Why not forget the AI's in fighters altogether? Have the squadrons assigned to a carrier get their orders from the carrier AI? That way you dont have to mess with installing so many AI's in disposable ships.

I've tried not assigning them squads and they will just sit in the ship wile their carrier is under attack... did i miss something?

#4 In battle the AI wont withdraw from battle and go for repairs until it's only got about 10% or so of armor left... by then it's usually too late. Why not have player choices for both fighters and cap ships in the global AI commands?

You could choose to have them retreat at a % of shields or hull or fight to the death. Personally i would rather have fighters retreat to their carriers after minor structure damage to get repaired and sent back out.

If a carrier's got 60 or so fighters then it would still have plenty in the air to fight as the damaged ones are returning to the carrier. If the carrier got in enough trouble then it would jump away based on the suggested "retreat value" you selected for cap ships.

#5 Why do fighters go to a station when they need repairs rather then docking at the carrier they are assigned as a homebase?
In XTM and even vanilla X3 with the right mod carriers can repair their docked fighters. Any fighter with a homebase should head there. I have several hundred ships... i really dont want to scroll through that looking for them.

#6 When you try to send a squadron to a sector or defend another ship or whatever, a message pops up with a list of every sector (several pages worth) which are not in any order i could see. This makes it virtually useless imo as it takes too long to achieve the results.
I'm assumming they're not in alphabetical order because of the translation to english, but isnt there a way to just use the ingame maps as the selection process?

#7 overall, too many things requiring user attention and micromanagement that could have been made automatic or less click intensive.

Thufar
x4

Post by Thufar » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 14:52

I've been trying to upgrade a level 30+ AI to a ComAI. I've dropped him off at a Hacker Station, and given him 28 game hours to be upgraded. I've tried several times to retrieve him. Each time I come back to retrieve him, I get the message to wait for the drone to deliver my upgraded ComAI. When the drone gets to my ship, nothing happens. Am I missing something? This is very frustrating...

EDIT: Well, last night I've figured it out... if you buy an AI, sell an AI, or deliver an AI to a Hacker Station to be upgraded, a drone is sent to your ship and the AI is automatically downloaded from or to your database. In the case of claiming your ComAI back from the station, the drone is sent to your ship, but you must manually download the ComAI from the Transfer Drone (at least in my game you do). AZZ, could this inconsistency be fixed in later versions to automatically download the ComAI back into our database, or at least added to the manual?

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Sat, 30. Aug 08, 19:54

Thufar :

it's in the pdf :
(General/Communication with Station menu)
Restricted to Hackers stations only
You have to target a Hackers Community Station first, then activate control and follow Hacker's
explanations…
If you buy an AI, the Hackers will send you a drone transporting the AI, you will then have to collect it via the ‘Collect AI’ command as usual.

dukedroklar :
#1 Wayyyy to many messages to get things done. For example, buying, selling or upgrading AI's. Why do i have to go through several commands and then several pop up messages just to ask the station to buy or sell an AI???
Why not just have one simple command click to comm the station i'm targeting, rather then have to choose the sector, the station and then have to get within 4k of it anyway???
i know that but the scripts offer very very limited solutions for the user interface. And i am also (self-)limited in the use of slot commands, what complicates even more the things.

Other points which you indicate are interesting.
I have already advanced on things, but that takes me a lot of time and I have no much of it.
Furthermore, the arrival of the new extension cast doubt on this script what makes me doubt the interest to work still on pilotAI :(

but anyway, here is :

• PilotIA 3.57
New in 3.57 : PilotAI is now in German, thanks to CS for his translation :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”