[SCRIPT] Bail Signal Extension: Higher Chance & Big Ship Bailing 2.1 (8/18/07)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Fri, 18. Jul 08, 01:41

Meltdown wrote:But if a far more powerful ship than his own has just stripped his shields in two seconds flat he has to know he doesn't stand a chance in hell. In that case, realistically, he should bail even if the ship's hull is in perfect condition, and hope I have a good enough heart to just take his ship and not enslave him (I don't :twisted: ).
Kinda like me in my M7 and that little M5 that's buzzing around me like a gnat around a fruit bowl...until my turrets swat him.

But not to worry, I carry an M4 with cargo life support... :twisted: I'm such a nice guy, I'll "help" him get back to a station...or maybe I'll pool him with the other slaves and store them on my HCF as part of a boarding party that I'll send over as cannon fodder to capture another big ship. :twisted: :twisted:

nman
x3tc

Luckiest man in the universe!

Post by nman » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 00:38

Man, I started a new game, and within 1 hour, a Kha'ak carrier decided to invade Elena's Fortune. It must have hit an asteroid of some sort, because its shields went down, and half of it's hull got damaged, and the pilot bailed...

Well, now I have an Eclipse, a few bailed pirate harriers, half a million credits, and a huge kha'ak carrier... Now if I can only manage to repair it...

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 01:03

so your playing a mod. .....
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 04:36

Oh, the wild and wonderful world of Bail Signal Extension. :D

What a novelty item, too. Keep that one around, no matter how tempting it might be to cash him in.
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 06:21

But the repair and equip costs will break him (I am of course refering to the shield equip costs, find guns will be... troublesome)

vaylies

Post by vaylies » Mon, 6. Oct 08, 14:38

Just found a program that goes along very well with Bail Signal Extension.
Scorp's map program. Not only does it make the best X3 maps I have seen, it also is mod friendly. XTM,DDRS they all work with it.
One feature of the map program is being able to find free ships. With Bail Signal Extension installed "free" ships also means the ships that bail during battles.
AND if you think there is too little catch?? Go add LV's Race Response Fleets scripts into the mix. Roleplay style salvager.
:lol:

bariumdose
x3tc

Post by bariumdose » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 17:58

How do I adjust the capping rate on the BSE? I think I'm getting way too many pilots who bail from their ships.
Gene O Mui

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Sat, 18. Oct 08, 04:17

will this be updated for TC?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:31

bariumdose wrote:How do I adjust the capping rate on the BSE? I think I'm getting way too many pilots who bail from their ships.
Assign a Hotkey, press it, and you get a menu.

Found a bug with this script. If you put explode at 1% and bail at 100%, the ships explode every time. :D

-G

@Vaylies: Ya, Scorp's map rules!

bariumdose
x3tc

Post by bariumdose » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 18:49

I'm sorry. I'm a little bit noobish with using hotkeys. How do I assign a hotkey for the BSE in order to bring up the menu where I can set the bail probability? I just want to adjust it so that the pilots don't bail so often. On a related note, what is the default bail probability when you first install the BSE?
Gene O Mui

wpk

Post by wpk » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 07:02

I'm having a problem (I think?) with this mod. By no means am I an expert on vanilla X3, but ever since I installed this mod it seems like about 50% of the bailed ships that are left, accelerate randomly in circles or (even more strangely) autopilot to a nearby station.

I don't remember this happening with vanilla, is this a known bug with this script?

Using BSE, Salvage Claim Software and XTM. Also Pirate Guild mod, but I don't see how that would mess with unpiloted ships.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 04:59

This looks like a fun script :) But I wonder, if AI vs AI bails produce a lot of derelict ships around the universe?

Will they stay there forever, or will they get deleted after a time? If not, then I could wind up with thousands of ships just floating around? :D

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 22:54

You don't get a bunch of derelicts. The races have 'salvager' ship that travel around the universe salvaging pilotless ships. The best is when they do it to you in combat and steal your hard earned salvage :P (Like that Pirate Galleon that just bailed on me... stupid Boron salvage stealers)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 15:27

kipstafoo wrote:You don't get a bunch of derelicts. The races have 'salvager' ship that travel around the universe salvaging pilotless ships. The best is when they do it to you in combat and steal your hard earned salvage :P (Like that Pirate Galleon that just bailed on me... stupid Boron salvage stealers)
Haha, I noticed. My trial run for the script was to attack a Argon Centaur in Home of Light and it bailed. I just went around looking after that, and when I came back some time later it had vanished :) So some lucky salvager now has a nice ride ;)

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 01:25

i was just on an innocent trade and i wanted to do a lil mining in elena's fortune when all of a sudden when i got there this huge ship was on the other side of the gate! i quickly turned to evade thinking it'll just zap through the gate but no.... what i nearly hit was an argon mammoth that was just hit my some pirates and it had a Solar plant XL in its bay! JOY! forget the lottery!
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

Spikyrob
x3tc

Post by Spikyrob » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 07:45

Wow nice. Im gonna try this script when i play x3 next i think.

bariumdose
x3tc

Capping Capships with the BSE

Post by bariumdose » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 19:55

Is it possible to capture a capship with the BSE? I managed to disable a Xenon capship, but when I hit the Piracy key, my ship seems to go around in circles without doing anything. I used SETA and nothing.

Or, do I need to have the Heavy Assault script and some boarding parties in order to capture a capship? Or, do I have to simply eject and fly my guy over to the capship to manually claim it?

{merged. The Forum rules. jlehtone}
Gene O Mui

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sat, 29. Nov 08, 03:37

Was tinkering around with this script the other day (XTM game) and got it to bail friendly race unknown drones instead of astro's..Much better for my game style (nice guy that would rather rescue astro's than sell them)..Pretty easy edit..These unknown drones zip off to the nearest station at about 400+ and don't clog up the sector..Kind of like each ship is fitted with emergency escape drones now.... :D
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

snyper636

Post by snyper636 » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 02:41

Ok, loving the sound of this but can't seem to get the menu up. It is enabled in the AL plugins in game when I look. How do I assign a hotkey for the menu? I tried altering the @ symbol in the xml script file but still no menu :cry: Any help greatly appreciated as I would love to use this excellent piece of work.

Big Bad Orca
x4

Post by Big Bad Orca » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 09:01

You assign a hotkey in the options - controls bit. One of the tabs in there (I think game or controls), somewhere near the bottom is the area to assign the hotkey.

I'm really enjoying this script - it's given a whole new lease of life to X3R for me!! I've just completed the main plot and along the way, when the paranid core sectors were off limits to everyone, there was much fun and merriment for me to just sit in Trinity Sanctum and collect the bailing TS and other ships. Got a bit addictive though!!

Eventually I completed the main plot and I've just collected my brand new shiny Khaak destroyer from Heretics End that bailed during the final fight. Once I've built up my money again I'll be able to afford to repair it!
My favourite memory of the X series was babysitting that TL across half the universe in XTension and finally arriving in Getsu Fune to be gifted the TL! I called her Big Bad Orca...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”