[SCRIPT] Auto Debris Harvestor v2.01 by Nividium 10/20/2007 UPDATED

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 01:02

I do have a question though..now that I remember.
The next sector on the menu (hehe) will be Split Fire. But that sector has a decent load of rocks well in the atmosphere of the planet. It the Harvester goes after those rocks, he will most likely be destroyed.
Will the harvester avoid those rocks?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 01:41

Gammel wrote:I do have a question though..now that I remember.
The next sector on the menu (hehe) will be Split Fire. But that sector has a decent load of rocks well in the atmosphere of the planet. It the Harvester goes after those rocks, he will most likely be destroyed.
Will the harvester avoid those rocks?

:lol:

Guess you better not put any Harvestors in there.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 02:58

Just saw your entry in the scripts sticky thread.

Can you clarify exactly what they are collecting ?

Is this the X3 1.4 roids added to make sectors look more cluttered ? If so, is the script avoiding the need to break them up first ?

Now I know about this, I will simply put down a HQ somewhere close and homebase to it. I use a modifed HQ with 50mil space, so its not an issue how much is collected. Then the HQ can sell the stuff, and a cargo hauler can move it to whatever complex needs it using 1-way script. I will also need to modify the script to allow my M6 and M5 vessels to use it, since my modified ships have replaced freighters for most things in my game. :)

Q. Have you thought of getting the ships to also beam floating wares onboard while they are at it ? It would be useful for them to clean out a home sector and collect dropped stuff that your home patrol creates keeping the peace. And if so, can you make that into a player useful command. It would be so much better if we could beam containers on board from a distance instead of getting a vulnerable snail to pick them up.

Edit : The site for download seems to be intermittently not finding your page, and the one time I did get it downloaded, the installer crashes. Not sure if its a corrupt download, or a genuine problem with the file.

Edit2 : Got another download to a different file name and the installer says it cant open the script package.

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:34

The mining ship trades the ore and wafers automatically if you don't use a homebase! But if you use home base they will drop it off there. They collect all the rocks which are not shown on the sector map but if you want to get rid of those too then just shoot them :) I've used this script to clean up Home of Light and also Seizewell. Seizewell is my HQ home as well and it is MUCH nicer without any rocks. It has some nice asteroids, lots of room and lots of useful factories near.

With 10 Demeter Haulers in Seizewell it took some days real time which is still much faster than otherwise!

But please make another script or variant for crates if you do ;) Better not to put too much of different things in one script type I think :D

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:38

Hi apricotslice,
they collect scannible small Asteroid Clusters that do not show up on your Sector map.

Yes this is for the X3 1.4 roids. Yes this script is avoiding the need to break them up first.

No I have not thought about getting the Harvestors to beam or use other methods to collect Flying Wares.

The website used to host the spk files is like any other and has intermittent problems and some down time like any other (there are 15 million websites being hosted by them). Anyhow, the download links and pages are working fine. Are you using the latest Cycrow Plugin Manager?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 03:40

Possibly not, I'll go check it now.

Edit : Oops, yes, thats the problem. Looks like hes been busy and I hadnt noticed. :oops:

Edit2 : Yes, he brought out a whole new program and I didnt notice, still using the old one !

Whole lot of raving deleted because it upset Nividium. Sorry.

Freedoms End is chocka full of junk roids, why cant the command find anything in there ?
Last edited by apricotslice on Wed, 10. Oct 07, 09:48, edited 1 time in total.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 07:30

Hello apricotslice,
I have no comment and will not respond to the situations you describe, after you have sliced and diced my script. Now you want me to comment on why it does this or that based on your customizations.

I don't think so.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 07:57

@apricotslice....You need to run this script a while I think. It moves ore pretty fast and takes some very long jumps at times. (it is not "always" going to the SPP excessive either)

The stuff in Freedoms Reach is all zero (0)...Can not be collected...

Bunny's scripts combined with Nividiums "Mining Relay Station" are good if you like to watch the action...Actually the combination of Bunny's and Nividiums work well together in any game....They have different approaches to clearing out the debri...Its alwas good to have many options, even better when they work together to enhance the game.

Homebase a few of these TS to your HQ or HB them to a station..It will fill up quickly...Cheers

Running them as "Free-Traders" in my opinion is the best..Great AI and not limited to just 1 sector jump....Cheers
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 09:45

Nividium, I'm sorry I upset you, that wasnt my intention.

Pogi, thanks, that makes sense.

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 12:56

I didn't try this yet because can the script work from a TL?? I figured since my TL is not doing anything I could set it to work as a huge mining ship! :)

p.s. I have been using the script since the release and it has no problems! Great script I think it should be signed! It really makes mobile mining viable!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 13:21

no, it only works with a TS.

I tried it with a TL (scripted it in), and the result was pretty hilarious. :)
But the main drawback is that the script only does a single collection of dirt before it goes to deliver or sell it, meaning that the space on board a TL is not used.

The script uses 3600 of cargo space to move silicon, so a ship that has a lot more than that free, is somewhat wasted. Would suit a mercury with 4000 very well though.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 15:26

@apricotslice...What I have noticed using standard sized TS up to around 7000-9000 max, is that the speed of which this script moves material is very impressive...The 4/4 you mentioned, is really a good formula in my opinion, because it waits until the 1/4 e-cell load is down to 1/4 of that before going for cells again...My TS jump around "very" fast using this script and move lots of product..No need for a TL in my opinion...If you want to use a TL, you "can" assign a TL as homebase with Bunnies scripts.....There is also a script from voxol "salvage ext. commands" that you can then move the product off the TL with it. A bit slow because of its Best Sell search routine, but uses jump and transporter device to get the job done. the use of a TL in this script and modifying the script as well is not a good idea in my opinion..Might as well just use a utility to wipe the universe clean. Don't see the use or the fun in sucking the sector clean in one swipe.. :D .............Cheers

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 15:35

Ohhhh I thought it fill the ship up with ore then it sells it so I thought it could work for TL too but I guess it doesn't then :) Thanks for tip on ship size! Even with 10x demeter hauler (about 70k cargo total!) it still took some time to clear out Seizewell so I think the speed is just right. It is not too fast and also not too slow :D
Last edited by xxbluedragonxx on Wed, 10. Oct 07, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 10. Oct 07, 15:37

I'm all for 1 swipe :)

It would be a major job getting a TL to behave differently, and beyond my scripting ability.

But on the basis of this script and the 1way-2way delivery scripts, I've finally come up with a whole new strategy of playing the game, and started again from scratch :) I put a HQ in Argon Prime, and 4 modded Discos doing dirt collection for it, with the HQ being my Superstore for selling from (another script to enable npc sales). For the first time, I'm going to build complexes that only produce product, and ship what they need from other complexes, with each complex in the race space it comes from. Dirt is the first step, which will then feed into a giant crystal complex feeding to a giant SPP complex,.....etc. Eventually leading to me making everything for ship construction. I've never done it this way before (since X2 anyway), so its a new challenge. :)

Incidently Nividium, you may not like me mucking around with your scripts, but I have to say as an ex-programmer, that they are about the best constructed scripts I've seen so far. And the first that actually use subroutines that I've seen. So a big thumbs up for great scripts. :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 14:42

I had a good go at this today and overall am very happy with it.

The only issue I can see, is if you homebase it to a HQ, it will never gather anything except silicon, because unless the homebase runs out of space, the condition for rejecting silicon will never occur.

I've got about 10000 silicon in my Hq now (running 26 crystal fabs flat out), but zero Ore. I cleared out Ore Belt entirely, and got no ore, which just doesnt sound right.

Maybe it would be better for the player to select which dirt the ship is to collect ? Or is there a way of randomising it, so if the homebase wants all 3 sorts of dirt, the ship alternates which one it collects ?

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 15:21

@Apricotslice...set up a "mining relay station" in between your HQ and the harvestors..assign the relay station to the harvestors as their HB..HB some TS to your HQ to transfer the ore/silicon/nividium from the mining relay station to your HQ (can use XAI script for repeat transfer)..Problem solved...Cheers

You can find the station here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=190539

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 15:39

Great idea, but kinda negates my game plan.

I'm using this script with the stations within a HQ script, so my HQ is acting as a super-complex. The aim being to not have any stations at all other than the HQ and thus not needing any ships other than the debris gatherers and UT's.

The downside I can see, is that in having a ship ferrying dirt from the relay station to the HQ, the relay station is never going to be full of any product anyway.

But for a more normal game approach, yes, your suggestion would be perfect.

I'm pondering upsetting Nividium a lot further (hopefully not) by making 2 versions of the key scripts, one for silicon, the other for ore, and then having a second command for ore, and assigning the ship via its command to one or the other. Thats within my limited scripting ability, and would solve the problem, albiet doubling the number of ships I'd be using.

My modified Discos are proving absolutely perfect for the job :)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 15:48

the relay station is never going to be full of any product anyway.
I don't understand what you mean here? The relay station is just that, designed to relay minerals to another station. You can best sell off of it too if you want, but for your needs just set up several and adjust the price so your TS that are HB to you HQ buy stock from it and the HB TS on the relay sell to the HQ...You are never going to solve the problem with the minerals because your HQ has such a huge storage..the relay station will make sure you get supply of both ore and silicon as well as nividium..(use bunny for that).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 15:53

HB ?

I really didnt follow that sorry.

As far as I can see, using any station as a relay, would entail moving the dirt a lot slower than the gatherers can deliver it. But anything faster than a pack-snail is going to keep the relay station from ever filling up of its product. If it is slow enough to allow the station to fill up, then the gatherers will stop working while it is.

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Fri, 12. Oct 07, 17:10

HB=Homebase...the mining relay station is "standard" meaning that it only holds standard amount of minerals..It will empty every time one of your HB TS from your HQ go for a pickup... :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”