[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

the_dewar
x4

Post by the_dewar » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 06:31

First I'd like to say that I love new horizons, the hacking thing.. genius. It's what the game needed to make things interesting.

Here are my questions:

Can anyone shoot me in the direction of the kyon stations?
I've been looking for ages.

And

Is there another download site for lazerath's kyon replicators?
All of his links are broken.

Thanks lots!
山高皇帝远
The mountains are tall, and the emperor far away.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 28. Aug 10, 21:29

Sorry mate for the late reply, I missed your post. :oops:

Unfortunately, the Kyon stations have proven not to work as they should. They do not produce Kyon's

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 16:23

phlt wrote:Hi Rod, thx for your interest in the Mod.

You can either post your feedback/questions at egosoft or at TXU. Il will reply to you in english.
Thanks phlt, I'll try not bother you to much. I'm just used to reading the forums to get the answers I need, but sadly their isn't a lot to read. I'm playing custom start, NH, and my biggest questions are
1 - are there no missions? the only missions I've seen are BBS missions
2 - making contact with the Spectre race. Do you need a certain race ranking before you can make contact or get a bbs offer regarding them?

After a month of exploring your wonderful universe and claiming some new ships, love the Anvil M8, I have yet to figure out how to make contact with them. I decided to use scorps map yesterday to see if I was missing many sectors and so far the only ones that I see I had missed were Ancient Realm and Janus' Sanctuary, plus all the neutral race sectors with no gates. The one thing I haven't tried is gate rebuilding and will probably try that as soon as I get put of Janus' Sanctuary

Doh! Just realized I replied to your PM. Will cut and paste to one of the forums

Thanks,
Rod

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 16:41

Did you already enter in one of the Spectre's sector ?

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 17:42

I'm not sure what you mean by Spectre sector. I have thoroughly searched spectre prime and docked at most of the stations looking for a bbs message. I loaded up scorp's map yesterday and saw a bunch of neutral race sectors with no gates. Just wondering if it's like having to wait until a certain rank to get coordinates to the Khaak sectors, or am I missing something? Just working on salvaging a couple of gates right now, another interesting twist to the game. :thumb_up:

Thanks,
Rod

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 20:22

There should be some BBS around and at Spectre Prime letting you guess what you are supposed to do in order to find Kha'ak sectors.

However,
Spoiler
Show
To face the Kha'ak challenge,you better should fly South West
Enjoy ! :)

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 21:18

Well I'll go have another look before I use the spoiler. It's taking a long time to gather resources to rebuild the gate, so I was thinking about looking for a good fight, but this is more interesting I'm hoping.

Thank You Sir!

Edit
Well at last I figured it out. I had to read every single post at TXU but finally I came across one post which confirmed what I was thinking. There is no actual spectre race to meet. Their sectors are labeled as Teladi sectors, they have some different stations and some very nice ships but the game itself shows the sector and stations as Teladi. It is still worth finding for the ships, but the trading opportunities aren't as good as the BBS messages make it out to be. If LV's cheats work on NH, you could clone a couple of their factories to fill in the short fall in commodities, but as far as I can tell you can't but any of these new factories.

ShadowRouge

Where to download New Horizons Mod

Post by ShadowRouge » Thu, 16. Dec 10, 23:26

i've been looking everywhere for this mod and either the links give me a 404 error,link dosent work or in some other laungage :evil: can anyone give me a working link in english without having to signup to some forum or something to get it thanks :D

{Forum rules, thread of mod, etc. Merged. jlehtone}

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 01:51

hey does anybody know where i can download it every place i go to is in french or something

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 03:17

The only place I know of where to find it, is at the exchange guild which is a french site. Took a bit of work as my french isn't to great, but here's the link
and it does install in english

http://www.3enfamille.net/Mod_Confrerie ... MilHud.zip

It's a nice little mod with some nice new scenery and some wild ships.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 10:23

Thx for the support rod. :)

All DL links have been reshaped in OP.

You can directly DL NH Mod with or without Ulfius' Military Hud as well as NH Map from this topic.

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 17:29

No problem Phlt. You guys did a great job with this and deserve the support! And now after that brief moment of sucking up, I have a couple of questions

1 - In the GUT control menu, there is a command for managing your own sectors. I haven't found any way in the game to actually to own the sector. Do I need to add a script like STO to actually claim a sector?

2 - I've mentioned before how my Scorp's map shows a whole bunch of extra unknown sectors with no access points. I seem to recall reading how the different game starts have different universes/maps. If that is true, then could his map be picking up on those sectors as well and they are inaccessible because there are no gates for them in my game. It just drives me nuts not to be able to access every sector. And speaking of driving me nuts, I still haven't had anyone offer to sell me the coordinates for the Khaak sectors and I so want to get in and mix it up and make some money.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 20:01

"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Ben Isra
x3

Post by Ben Isra » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 09:22

1 - In the GUT control menu, there is a command for managing your own sectors. I haven't found any way in the game to actually to own the sector. Do I need to add a script like STO to actually claim a sector?
Hi rod,

If I remember well, yep, you're right. It's unfortunately one of the (many) things I hadn't the time to finish for the mod release.

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 15:10

Thanks Ben. I'll add the STO script one of these days and post back here to let everyone know if their are any conflicts. Thanks for the excellent script as well

RAMchek

What the hell's that racket?

Post by RAMchek » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 00:02

Everything looked great about this mod until I entered a custom system and the god awful music kicked in...It absolutely ruins the sense of atmosphere and mystery. It's not in keeping with the X3 soundtrack and seems totally out of place. I deleted the additional Mp3's, but playing the game in complete silence is just as atmosphere breaking. Word of advice...Video game music is an art in itself, bolt on some contemporary dance tracks and expect them to gel with the rest of the soundtrack, the results are bound to unbalance the package. Imagine watching Aliens or Terminator, even Star Trek to some wishy washy, Post Rave Euro dance?....Nah, I can't either.

Would have been an excellent mod, if it wasn't for the music :cry:

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 22:17

Strange, my mind-reading ability seems to have stopped working.

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Post by RichardDaborn » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 23:07

Which mod is it may I ask?
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

RAMchek

Post by RAMchek » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 02:53

New Horizons MOD, It didn't link to the mod thread....Odd. I must have made a mistake somewhere. :P It's a great mod, just the music is pants. I may take some time looking through the soundtrack and editing it. The problem is there are a number of tracks that have singing in them and some that are like an ambient, world music/folk hybrid. Seems so out of place. I now it might seem strange that I'm grumbling about an old mod. But I've just returned to the game after a number of years out. And for some reason I can't lodin to my old forum account?? :evil:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 14:24

RAMchek wrote:New Horizons MOD, It didn't link to the mod thread....Odd. I must have made a mistake somewhere.
Don't worry. You'll get there. Now. :) jlehtone

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”