[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 17:17

rinkanu wrote:oh you are such a devil =p

atleast tell me something like "try the east/west/north/south borders"

been looking for those damn spectres since i got the bbs message and they are exactly that.. ghosts.

i bet you made em so hard to find just to mess with idiots like me.
Im on the same situation pal,

I would guess those teladi borders are refered to the ones near maelstron area maybe? :)

----

Btw, anyone could give me a spoiler about where to get that warp device in NH? I havent seen it after many hours of game! :(

I killed a Xenon P today that dropped an "UNDEFINED" item... could it be related?

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 18:50

Hi rinkanu & others, same situation, been playing for two months now.Note;The only clue i can think of is that it must be, (1) in a teladi sector,(2) past the eliptic,and (3) past the range of the map, rather past the the map visual, if you know what i mean.. Ive tryed maelstron past 150-200 in all directons,no luck :cry: . I was thinking of a universal map southernest teladi sector. By the two unknown sectors.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 18:54

ezra-r wrote:I would guess those teladi borders are refered to the ones near maelstron area maybe? :)
There are two gates which are connected to Spectre's Sectors. Remember, Teladi are your friends in this Mod. :)
ezra-r wrote:Btw, anyone could give me a spoiler about where to get that warp device in NH? I havent seen it after many hours of game! :(

I killed a Xenon P today that dropped an "UNDEFINED" item... could it be related?
These UNDEFINED items are existing as such in X3 Vanilla TWaresT files:

ID: SS_WARE_FREIGHTDRONE
Name: ***UNDEFINED***

That's it about it afaik

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 15. Jun 08, 22:03

Phlt wrote:
ezra-r wrote:I would guess those teladi borders are refered to the ones near maelstron area maybe? :)
There are two gates which are connected to Spectre's Sectors. Remember, Teladi are your friends in this Mod. :)
ezra-r wrote:Btw, anyone could give me a spoiler about where to get that warp device in NH? I havent seen it after many hours of game! :(

These UNDEFINED items are existing as such in X3 Vanilla TWaresT files:

ID: SS_WARE_FREIGHTDRONE
Name: ***UNDEFINED***

That's it about it afaik
and the warp device? :P

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 01:28

btw..

In the description I see this:

- Integration of ulfius’ Military HUD Mod which enhance significantly the fighting gameplay. For more details about the great features included, >>> Click here <<< - Courtesy of ulfius.

I dont see that integrated, at least I see the normal hud. Is it missing?

---

Nevermind, I downloaded from the TXU site, from the other site I see there is the hud included version.

---

More.. since for a strange reason I screwed up my entire game I had to reinstall and start anew so...

I am trying the pirate start, the ship starts with the weapons and shields in freight but not using it, so had to eject shields and retrieve them back as well as mount the weapons independently.

Wish me luck.. the ship is slow as heck, need some upgrades quickly :)

Hey!, the pirate ship doesnt have the cool pirate painting!!! :P

---

And another note of Pirate Start, dont know how that works, but it is alright when you start the games pirates look friendly to you, but even though if you dont attack them and act like a pirate, later on, new pirates generated for the game will look red to you.

TegVtec
x3tc

Question

Post by TegVtec » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 03:39

Hello!

First off, great mod! I'm having a blast trying it out but I have one question...

I started a new game with the Pirate Custom Start, attacked an Argon TS, the pilot bailed, but I couldn't claim the ship. (I got within 30 yards but I never got the option to claim the ship, as if there was a pilot still inside.) Forgive me if this is obvious I'm very much still a beginner, what am I doing wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks!

ezra-r
x4

Re: Question

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 12:57

TegVtec wrote:Hello!

First off, great mod! I'm having a blast trying it out but I have one question...

I started a new game with the Pirate Custom Start, attacked an Argon TS, the pilot bailed, but I couldn't claim the ship. (I got within 30 yards but I never got the option to claim the ship, as if there was a pilot still inside.) Forgive me if this is obvious I'm very much still a beginner, what am I doing wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks!
If you are sure it bailed maybe you didnt get close enogh, besides, did you eject from your ship? or you got close enough inside your own ship?

I did the same start as you do and didnt have such a problem, in fact, I got 3 marchants bail in a few minutes and could claim them without problems.

TegVtec
x3tc

Post by TegVtec » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 14:39

Weird,

I got frustrated and reinstalled X3, then NH and now everything is working fine, got 2 merchants to bail :D.

Thanks for your reply

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 16. Jun 08, 15:58

WTF!! Nova Cat and Uziel? :? :twisted: :lol:

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 18. Jun 08, 00:31

Mightysword wrote:WTF!! Nova Cat and Uziel?
You'll find those Mech's do really well with their turret/arms range of motion. :D

Talo124

Post by Talo124 » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 21:38

How do u buy the new ships from the mod, i cant find em in any shipyards plz help

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 20. Jun 08, 23:44

there are in certain shipyards of the game you have to explore a bit.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sat, 21. Jun 08, 00:41

Is there any way to get a spk or to know which files are the ISF police force? Id like to have it separate for use with other mods.

Would it be possible?

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sat, 21. Jun 08, 10:08

ezra-r wrote:Id like to have it separate for use with other mods.

Would it be possible?
You need to ask the author - Azz - permission for this. Afaik, the script is tailored made for NH, and it cannot be taken out an applied somewhere else like this.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 19:03

ok phlt, its alright.

About NH, I noticed that in seizewell when you buy a ship from the shipyard you get to equip it with the limited stuff in the ISF HQ in the sector instead of the teladi space equipment dock.

dont know if there is any way to make the sectors eq dock to have priority than others or this is unavoidable, in any case, Im reporting it in case you guys dont know.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 20:03

ezra-r wrote:dont know if there is any way to make the sectors eq dock to have priority than others or this is unavoidable, in any case, Im reporting it in case you guys dont know.
Yes, I noticed this as well.

I will have a closer look into it. :)

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 22. Jun 08, 20:36

• Slight changes have been made to NH Mod and the 2 versions of the Mod were available in the DL area since Sunday June 22nd.
- Music bug in "Kingdom Jewel" Sector adjusted - Maps
- Some useful wares added in two existing secret SY's - Maps
- 1 SPP M added in a Janus's secret sector - Maps
- Janus' M7 Paraves can mount PPC beta - .cat
- Cargo bay size of Xenon M7 "PX" has been increased - .cat
- One Italian file missing added - \t\ 397920.xml and 397166.xml adjusted

For the ones who have already DLed NH Mod, you can reinstall everything to benefit from Italian files (If you didn't dled the patch yet) and the slight adjustments made to the ships in the .cat. Your saves will be compatible with this adjusted version. However, just copy all your saves and x3 reunion directory in a safe place, prior to unzip the new version, just in case something would go wrong.

However, if you want to benefit from the improvements made to the maps, a restart is mandatory.

Downloads available below - btw, the archive size has been reduced by 42%. - Quicker to DL. :wink:

:arrow: Main Download area

:arrow: Mirror Download area

Enjoy! :)

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 20:02

is there a spk file for this mod i down loaded it twice and nothing that i could install with cycrows plugin manager :x :evil: :x
[Insert sig here]

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 20:42

jordan kirwan wrote:is there a spk file for this mod i down loaded it twice and nothing that i could install with cycrows plugin manager :x :evil: :x
I am so sorry that our work doesn't suit your needs. I do apologize...

jk16

Post by jk16 » Tue, 24. Jun 08, 20:46

Thank you Phlt for patch :)
BTW: Biiiig gratz for music in your Mod – in my opinion you should teach Egasoft how to create perfect atmosphere through the sound track :thumb_up: .
"GRATZ" EGASOFT FOR CLOSING POLISH FORUM
Zapraszamy wszystkich na nowe: http://xudb.pl/index.php

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”