[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 20:54

I am enjoying this mod, it is something different from what I have played before.

However docking at a cap ship and having all the weapons revert to what they were when I found it, is a bit of a pain.

I would like to have Gazz's MARS turret script as this looks good. However should you come up with a fix for the problem, I'm encountering then thats fine as well.

Please can I get this fixed?

Thanks in advance ZB
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Ilyrm
x3tc

Post by Ilyrm » Tue, 5. Aug 08, 22:44

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:Well I found an Anvil. I have tried to set the weapons on this ship, and its impossible. The reason I wanted an automated turret script was due to this.

Every time I dock at this ship its resets the weapons load out. Not to put too fine a point on it. It is a pile of dog poo.

I need to be able to control the weapons. Any help with this?
Just disable the turrets in the Command Consol (Command for all turrets/none). Then you should be able to control the weapons :)
"La recherche scientifique est la seul forme de poésie qui soit rétribuée par l'État." Jean Rostand

Vous aimez perdre votre temps? Les Gens de Farnham peuvent vous y aider !

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 08:43

Argh... I want to play this MOD, but I can't... My game is German (I'm German, too.)...and the MOD isn't aviable in German...stupi*... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :headbang:

EDIT: Could anyone translate it ? PLEASE

Ilyrm
x3tc

Post by Ilyrm » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 10:29

Phlt already answered your question :
Phlt wrote:Thanks for your interest.

Recently, a NH German translation Team formed. I hope we will be able to introduce NH Mod in German. I do not give an ETA, as it is a long and hard job to do. :)
So... be patient, someone is translating the NH Mod in German :wink:
"La recherche scientifique est la seul forme de poésie qui soit rétribuée par l'État." Jean Rostand

Vous aimez perdre votre temps? Les Gens de Farnham peuvent vous y aider !

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 13:38

Ok that's good!!

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 14:08

Too bad this doesn't work with XTM, but good work anyway.

Azz
x4

Post by Azz » Thu, 7. Aug 08, 22:24

Okay...
40some minutes to DL the mod, 3 minutes to verify the bug.
Your mod contains bullets #0 - #29. Thundersomething laser references Bullet #30.

Boom. Guaranteed X3 crash.
And no, Egosoft TLaser/TBullets don't do that.
It seems to be a left-over of a try to equip a particular ship.
But this laser is normally used by no ship of the mod.
This will be corrected in the next version.
iou naud ouate, aille ama pis | Pilote IA | Site

Lonk61524

Post by Lonk61524 » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 01:54

I have had the mod for a few weeks now and been looking for the spectre space around teladi sectors and the eastern edge of the universe map, all to no avail, so it is starting to get a bit frustrating >.< I am really looking forward to enjoying the new race too, so are there anymore suggestions to be had as to the race's location?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 11. Aug 08, 21:49

Hi Lonk61524,

I struggled to find Spectre space myself, despite having a good idea where to look. Had been giving this thread a refresh every hour or so to see if anyone had replied - luckily I've found out by myself in the meantime :-)

If you're sure you want to know without finding it yourself then check out the spoiler below:
Spoiler
Show
Head to the normal X3 sector of Merchant Haven. From here take the East gate to the New Horizons sector of Lost Planet.

There is a 'hidden' South gate in the sector, way of the usual map. I tried looking for it manually myself with no luck, however as I have some extra BBS stuff installed I got a 'Show me all Gates in this Sector' BBS message. After paying the money I could see the South gate on my map at coordinates: -88.3km, 143km, -142km.

Hope this helps you, I literally just flew through that gate as I type this.
Cheers,

Scoob.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 20:30

New Horizons v.2.01 is now available

This version is compatible with X3 v.2.5 - It will not be compatible with X3TC

This stable version should not need a Restart if you are already playing with v.2.0. However, just copy your current install in a safe directory prior to install v.2.01, just in case :wink:

What is new?

1. Script HackingII by Azz is better balanced regarding:
* Yaki's firepower and range of nuisance
* Yaki's Assassin missions
* Hacking capabilty of Ships and Stations
* A warning chip is activated in every hacked ship. The owner can regnozise his stolen ship and call police...

2. Script GUT by BenIsra is doing more:
* A Pirate chip is now available. This might help the player not to pay Taxes
* Used Ship Dealers are spawned in the Universe. Find them and buy ships in more or less good conditions at good price
* Insurance and Bank account / loan Plugin has been enhanced

3. Compatibilty with Mars Fire Control by Gazz should be OK
* TLaser has been hopefully properly adjusted

This version is available in English, French and Italian.

Enjoy ! :)

:arrow: Download at TXU

:arrow: NH Mod Forum at TXU

zamorra
x3tc

Post by zamorra » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 08:11

Glumski wrote:Ok that's good!!
Hi Glumski, Com `on - I m german too, we learn english in school since we `re ten years old - get yourself an english version of X3R and then install the New Horizon Mod.
I ve made the same, cause it does not really work with the german version.
If you dont know how to get it in english, send me an email, I tell you.

with my regards
Zamorra

Rsm Uin
x2

Post by Rsm Uin » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 09:16

Any help available on this game?

2 problems.. first might be a tech problem and the second is a story line problem.

First off, i have the steam version of the game, no idea if that's the Bala Gi version but it is the 2.5 version (Does that mean this mod is working ok?)

Second, i downloaded this mod as pirating in the vanilla game is just... well.. boring. but... when i start in this game i start in a extremly over powered but stupidly slow ship? (I know i can get the engine upgrades but it seems a bit stupid that the ship starts so slow and powerful).

Again on the storyline side of things, i have no clue where to go in the game to find these new pirate bases, i tried using the map but it wasn't any use. It said there was a pirate base in "Danna's chance", i'v roamed around at a painfully slow 64m/s looking for it with no luck. A message at the start of the game giving me some clue as to where i should go might be an idea.

To be honest, i was hoping to start out in a little fast but weakly equiped M5 with low rep with everyone (Except pirates), but instead i get a M3 with 2*125mj shields and 9 crazy weapons. Doesn't give me much to aim for does it?

Seems this mods has what i want, just need to find out what's wrong.

Thanks
Uin.

Final note: When i stopped in to the Pirate base in Brannan's Triumph (Vanilla Pirate base) i noticed i had an error with one of the items which makes me think i might have installed something wrong. I'm used to using the Spk files but i notice you haven't got these yet.

zamorra
x3tc

Post by zamorra » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 10:44

First off, i have the steam version of the game, no idea if that's the Bala Gi version but it is the 2.5 version (Does that mean this mod is working ok?)

Seems this mods has what i want, just need to find out what's wrong.

Hi Rsm Uin, im not sure to understand you right - you have the steam version - does that mean you are using Terran Conflict ?

second, how many custom starts do you have with your installation of the New Horizons Mod ???

greetings sends Zamorra

the answers of my questions might me make me able to help you

ascold
x3tc

Post by ascold » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 06:25

can somone send me a link for the NHPlz :D

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 11:18

ascold wrote:can somone send me a link for the NHPlz :D
Have a look at the OP.

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 20:05

hi, in the first post there is the version 2.01 mentioned as the actual version. At the download location there are only 2.0 versions.

I would do the german translations.
What has too be done?
For anything beyond t-files and ship descriptions(xsp files?)
a short explanation(pm?) how to handle those files or a link where to find that explanation would be appreciated.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 22:07

@Schabernack
Only the t-files.
They come as raw data, they aren't included in the mod-cat.
So you don't have to extract the t-files from there.
The use of XSP's in this mod is possible, but many of them (mostly ships with internal docking) will have strange grafic issues although the ships themselves work.
I personally only adjusted the language numbers in the t-files to prevent that all is shown as "read-text" because I didn't need a real translation.
If you want to do that, just translate the t-files and adjust the language number 44xxx in every t-file to 49xxx.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 03:04

thanks for the fast answer 8)

i will have look at it
tc-ap minimax

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 11:36

Schabernack,
Do you have the intention to translate our Mod in German? Is this for your personal use or general use?

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 12:17

General use, atm i download again the mod as the first version from
http://www.xchangeguild.net/page_nh_en.html was corrupted.
should i do the german forum site for that at the same time,too?

I have the nebelex mod at all my games and some other performance related scripts/mods which i wanna test and perhaps make a version of them if necessary for NH. Till now i made some small changes and translations to different t-files, job.txt and TBackgrounds.txt for my private use, but this seems to be a bit bigger so i would make it available.
tc-ap minimax

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”