[Script] Universe Explorers v1.0.1: Update Apr. 16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Should the following be added?

Hire Explorers from the BBS
12%
Options to customize satellite deployment
18%
Both!
65%
Neither, go make some other script 7ate9tin11s
4%

Total votes: 92

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:38

Hmmmmm strange. I just checked the stats on Rogueys Site. Rangers in X3R can take 1x200mj shields.

I've also managed to add the GR to a shipyard in my game, so I can buy it. :D
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 00:41

200MJ shields don't exist in vanilla X3R (1MJ, 5MJ, 25MJ, 125MJ, 1GJ, 10GJ), so you're probably running one of the major mods then and it changed it. My stats come from the X Models 3D Viewer program and vanilla(ish) X3R :D

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 08:05

I think your right digdug. I'll have to check in game to be sure, but it looks like Rogueys site needs an update. The info is supposed to be for X3R 2.5 vanilla.

Also never noticed the terrible max speed. Looks like I'll have to utilise Cycrows BBS overtune script :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 09:07

OMG! I've just hired an explorer with a Starburst!!! :o I wonder how long it will be before he ends up going 'splat' on the windscreen of a passing cap ship, or the side of a station. :D :lol:
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 18:03

Universe explorers can be moved between ships using the 'Move Universe Explorer Pilot...' command under the 'Start Universe Explorer...' command in the navigation commands menu.
So how does this ship swapping work? I would imagine both ships need to be docked at the same station? Or can it be done in space?

Anyway, my first explorer perhaps had a collision with something today (in Queens Space) cause' i had no messages suggesting he was being attacked, just ... "Remote link has been broken" or some such.

He started pretty well and just got on with it exploring the Argon home sectors. He did seem to go back and forth sometimes between sectors he'd already visited though, but on the whole he did a pretty thorough job dropping adv nav sats in the middle of each sector (How do i get him to drop them where i want them dropped?).

I'm also using Rogueys Mod and LV cheats, and a couple of others (Anarkis carrier commands, Local trader, Turret on/off).
- Buck Rogers ; I was using the M.A.R.S turret script recently and found it absolutely excellent (aims better, shoots better, kills quicker, saves power), the only strange thing (although totally intentional) is that it will temporarily uninstall some of the guns (on lesser targets) so as to be energy efficient, installing them again for more dangerous targets. - Which isn't a problem at all but just kinda strange if you're used to having a full loadout.

However when i installed Anarkis carrier commands my game started crashing when loading saves so i figured it was one or the other. So i decided to favour the carrier commands. - However, i only just installed the X3 bonus pack (with it's group management for up to six wings/flightgroups) which would suffice pretty well for combat instead of the Anarkis carrier commands.

So i think what i'm gonna do is get rid of the carrier commands and use the bonus pack group management instead, which will let me reinstall M.A.R.S ... because it is so good. I just means i'll have to do without the naming and turret orders specifically. I know it's a pain renaming ships and doing their turrets but heck, i don't have to do it that often.

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Sat, 20. Feb 10, 10:45

I think i'm getting the hang of these explorers now. I was faffing about trying to transport his navigational software to a new Split Hawk (Rogueys mod) i got for him, but it seems i didn't have to cause' he just takes it with him anyway. The Hawk seems pretty damn good for his purpose, it's a pretty ugly red thing but it has a 10mj military shield and does 240ms or thereabouts and to boot it can carry L size cargo and has a fair size cargo hold. I'd still like to get my hands on the Mjollnir though. Split scorpions seem pretty good too with a good speed and M size cargo.

So my explorer man started at 17 and he's 21 now. The first guy i tried to hire was only level three and i wasn't good enough for him! ... honestly some people!!

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:39

Eh,, this is late but still.

SO I installed the script using the plugin manager, the m5 has an explorer softer installed (bought the split jaguar for it's speed), but I can't find the start universe exploration command anywhere.

Help would be appreciated.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 23:51

From the 1st post of this script topic:
Player owned M4, M5, and Goner Rangers may hire a pilot by choosing "Start Universe Explorer..." from the navigation commands. The ship must be equipped with Explorer Software from the official bonus pack.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 00:50

Yes, I own an m5, I have the explorer software extension, and the options do not appear in the navigation menue........

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 10:42

Is your game already set to modified?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 16:06

Yes it is, the only mod I have on are the universe explorers and the asteroid relocator (disabled). Although the usual community plugin configuration, hotkey manager and ware manager from cyrows are active.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 22:40

Hang on. Isn't the community plugin configuration, hotkey and ware manager thingy's from TC?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:19

not sure if they are or not, but they are authored cycrow and in the x-univers plugin manager lite v1.30 coded by cycrow.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 23:52

In case you're playing X3:TC, which is what your script list suggests, then X3:R scripts aren't compatible without further adjustments.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 00:28

OH.. that's strange when I made the search I specifically imputed x3 tc. I got 0 experience with coding, but do you know what changes would have to be made to the script so it worked with TC?

*facepalms as he just noticed where the thread is located* :? jokes on me I guess lol

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 10:29

I got 0 experience with coding, but do you know what changes would have to be made to the script so it worked with TC?
It always depends on the complexity of the script. To be able to load the script in the script editor changing the scripts engine version as well as the name of the text files is the first step. If the script is simple enough, these steps can be enough to get the script working in TC. But the more complex it is, i.e. if it references certain ships, wares, objects or calls certain vanilla X3:R scripts or the like, the more likely it is that you would have to adjust the script itself (i.e. rewriting the script or parts of it).
All in all you might be better looking for a TC version of this script. Currently on page one of TC S&M Forum there is the Universal Explorers Continued 2.4.Beta2 by FalconGrey. I haven't tried it yet, but judging from its name and description it seems to be similar to the script here in this topic.

Hellblazer
x3ap

Post by Hellblazer » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 17:37

Thanks for the reply, I wonder why the search engine didn't show me that one instead :? But anyhow, it seems to be doing what this one is doing in reunion.

Thanks again.

Davhanks81

Universe explorer

Post by Davhanks81 » Sat, 15. Oct 11, 17:15

Im haveing trouble getting the universe explorer to work

I have equiped a ship with the explorer upgrade but can only get it to explore sectors.

What do i need to o in order to get this working?

Thanks

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Oct 11, 17:41

Please ask questions about scripts and mods always directly in the respective script's or mod's topic.

***Merged***

According to the OP's description the hired pilot need to gain experience and increase his level, before he is able to explore the universe on his own.

biliskner25
x4

Fix for GAIUS incompatibility

Post by biliskner25 » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 20:31

Fix for GAIUS and Universe explorer incompatibility in the FCS Mk3+Gaius thread
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 46#3730746

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”