Placing new gates in X3 Reunion

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

alowe

Placing new gates in X3 Reunion

Post by alowe » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 06:01

I remember doing this back when I played X3R years ago.
I remember buying a specific ship. Had to buy two. Then fly one to one sector and fly the other ship to the other sector. Once both are in place, generate a gate selecting the second ship as destination and do the same for the second ship selecting the first ship as the destination. Once both gates were placed both ships had to stay in position to "generate" their gates.
But I can't find the ship that does this. Don't remember requiring any mod and after a long search can't find any mod that does this anyway.
Thought at first it was an Otas ship that does this but after buying all of them, none of them have that command in custom, special, general or a command slot.
So thought it might be a Paranid ship and bought all of those with maximum rating. But it's none of those either. The only other thing I haven't tried is to test commands while actually in the ship in space, since some commands only appear when doing that (e.g. drop station can't be done remotely or while docked at a station).

Can anyone remember how to do this?

Update:

I've tested the command menus and slots of the following ships while in the ship in space. So far, none of them have the option to generate gates. But I notice I can't buy the Hyperion yet at Paranid Shipyards, even with max Paranid rating, so perhaps also need max combat rating of X=TREAM. :gruebel: And perhaps this means there are still more ships not showing. :?:

Paranid

Hercules
Zeus
Odysseus
Poseidon
Agamemnon
Deimos
Nemesis MkIII

Otas
Boreas
Custodian
HCF
Reaper
Castrum

Argon
Mammoth
Colossus
Titan
Griffon
Cerberus
Centaur MkIII

Teladi
Albatross
Condor
Phoenix
Tern
Hawk
Osprey MkIII

Boron
Orca
Shark (still to test, need rating)
Ray (still to test, need rating)
Swordfish
Hammerhead
Hydra MkIII

Split
Elephant
Raptor
Python
Panther
Tiger
Dragon MkIII
Faunus

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Placing new gates in X3 Reunion

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 18. Jul 23, 21:32

I think what you're describing is a feature of the X-Tended Mod for X3: Reunion.

A quick search through the XTM thread tells me that it's the Ollerus you're looking for. See this post for reference.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

alowe

Re: Placing new gates in X3 Reunion

Post by alowe » Wed, 19. Jul 23, 05:57

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Tue, 18. Jul 23, 21:32
I think what you're describing is a feature of the X-Tended Mod for X3: Reunion.

A quick search through the XTM thread tells me that it's the Ollerus you're looking for. See this post for reference.
Great! Can see it in the Terran shipyards. Going to take a while to get the ranking to buy that one. Terrans not known to be generous with their missions.
Thankyou for pointing it out. Doubt I would have found it in 1000 years. :)

Meanwhile, while waiting, managed to capture a type 2 Kha'ak Destroyer on the third try. :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”