Are you my mummy? [Dr Who]

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MGA
x2

I found My mummy. (Doctor who)

Post by MGA » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:32

That episode last Saturday was great. Questions were answered and tension was eased.

What do you lot think?
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:38

I think I booked my holiday at the wrong time.

I've missed the dalek episode and the conclusion to both 2 parters :evil:

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:48

what I think?
I think: "what is this Dr Who those UK guys keep talking about... I only know that bond movie with Dr Who.."

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:50

Merroc wrote:I only know that bond movie with Dr Who.."
That was Dr. No.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:51

Apothos wrote:
Merroc wrote:I only know that bond movie with Dr Who.."
That was Dr. No.
O..k.. then I dont know Dr Who...

Besides, Dr No, Dr Who... whats the difference :P

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:53

Man you moderators are quick today. Mergeing my thread with Tsar's. Nice sig Merroc.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:53

Merroc wrote:Besides, Dr No, Dr Who... whats the difference
The number of letters, the characters themselves, the year of conception, the genre, the fact that one is made for tv the other for big screen, etc.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:56

MGA wrote:Nice sig Merroc.
Thanks, home made :)
Apothos wrote:The number of letters, the characters themselves, the year of conception, the genre, the fact that one is made for tv the other for big screen, etc.
Ok then, tell me (of Dr Who):
- the year of conception
- the genre
- why the popularity
- just tell me more about it than 'its a popular UK TV show', that i already figured :roll:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:59

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Mon, 30. May 05, 17:59

Merroc wrote:Ok then, tell me (of Dr Who):
- the year of conception
- the genre
- why the popularity
- just tell me more about it than 'its a popular UK TV show', that i already figured :roll:
1963, Sci-fi, because its pretty good, look it up you lazy sod. :)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 30. May 05, 18:05

Ok, thanks CBJ...

One more (easy) question, is it on either BBC or BBC 2?

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Mon, 30. May 05, 18:08

BBC1 and BBC3.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Mon, 30. May 05, 18:10

Ah, good, the ill have a look when its on and ill watch it too ;)

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 30. May 05, 19:01

Its rather good :)

The concluding episode to Empty Child, "The Doctor Dances" I thought was very good actually, and had some classic lines:

Spoiler
Show

After reprogramming of nano-probes to repair nearby humans properly:
Lady: "Doctor, before I was in your care I only had one leg, now I have two!"
Dr Constantine: "Well my dear, there is a war on.... are you sure you hadn't just miscounted?"

:rofl:

"Well this isn't the first time I've been sentanced to death.... last time I ordered 4 triple strength vodkas for breakfast.... its a bit of a blur after that, but I woke up in bed with both the executioners.... lovely couple, they stayed in touch... not many executioners do..."

:lol:
Anyhow...

Post by Guest » Mon, 30. May 05, 19:24

[Originally posted this in the other thread - don't know why it wasn't transfered :(]

I enjoyed these episodes. I thought the first of this two parter was really good, possibly the best yet. If the script/story writing continues at this level there is a strong future for the old Doctor (assuming they don't run out of regenerations).

And to those who have been having a moan about Billie Piper - the good news is she is now staying :)

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 30. May 05, 19:50

I think the moan against Billie Piper is rubbish personally (I think i might have posted this alread :? Deja Vu)

I think people are just pre-predjudiced against her and say shes crap because they think that she should be.

I personally think she plays the role of a 21st century average london teenage girl very well actually. Not only that but there is a clear chemistry between her and Ecclestone.

And really what are you expecting? A classical reproduction of Hamlet?

MGA
x2

Post by MGA » Mon, 30. May 05, 20:49

Tsar_of_Cows wrote:I think the moan against Billie Piper is rubbish personally (I think i might have posted this alread :? Deja Vu)

I think people are just pre-predjudiced against her and say shes crap because they think that she should be.

I personally think she plays the role of a 21st century average london teenage girl very well actually. Not only that but there is a clear chemistry between her and Ecclestone.

And really what are you expecting? A classical reproduction of Hamlet?
Aasvogel wrote:[Originally posted this in the other thread - don't know why it wasn't transfered :(]

I enjoyed these episodes. I thought the first of this two parter was really good, possibly the best yet. If the script/story writing continues at this level there is a strong future for the old Doctor (assuming they don't run out of regenerations).

And to those who have been having a moan about Billie Piper - the good news is she is now staying :)
I can explain;

I posted a thread about the second episode. Somehow the mods thought it should be merged with Tsar's thread on the first episode.

So Piper is Staying? That for me is good and bad.

Good-She plays the part well.

Bad-I would sometimes prefer Natasha Bedingfield.

I could have sworn that the Mirror had a front-page story about Piper being replaced with some, "shallow," girl, but then the Mirror...

Post by Guest » Mon, 30. May 05, 21:46

MGA wrote:I could have sworn that the Mirror had a front-page story about Piper being replaced with some, "shallow," girl, but then the Mirror...
You did see that in the Mirror. I read the same article last week. The story changed towards the end of the week - I found out on BBC teletext. Not sure if any of the press have picked it up.

If and when Billie does decide to leave, replacing her with a 'shallow' girl would be a mistake. Good looking yes, after all nothing wrong with eye candy, but in today's day's day and age one would expect a bit of intelligence (and I know that may be expecting too much in Tony's Britain).

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 30. May 05, 22:18

Well, Billie finally got to be convincing enough for me to forget who she was and think of her as the character she was playing. But I remembered again partway through the episode, so she's not all there yet.

It has been getting more Buffyesque by the episode. The humour is still rather distracting at times, people going slightly out of character to crack a joke. We now also have a bisexual character on primetime Saturday evening TV. If only it wasn't sandwiched between Graham Norton and Julian Clary in the scedules.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Java Jawa
x3tc

Post by Java Jawa » Mon, 30. May 05, 23:13

OMFG I was spooked to the bone by both of these episodes . . . I am sad that Chris. Eccleston is leaving after one series, but to make matters worse, he is being played by pansy Casanova! Shame, Chris makes a really stunning Doctor.
i7 940 @ 2.93GHz
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator 1600MHz RAM
XFX GTX 295 1792MB GPU
ASUS Rampage II Extreme MoBo w/ X-Fi
Logitech G19, G9, Z-2300 THX speakers
Sennheiser PC350 headphones

Return to “Off Topic English”