Star Trek Discovery

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Redvers Ganderpoke

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 14:29

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 12:46
feels like these new "influencers" labelling themselves as "nerds" because its now somehow cool to be, but having no clue what that means. But it seems to be a general issue not exclusive to Trek, as the new Star Wars shows seem to suffer from the same blanditis. Rewatching Battlestar Galactica for teh 4th time seems a much better idea, not a fan of Orville as I'm not really into parodies.

MFG

Ketraar
It's trendy to be a "nerd" now - there are lots of pretenders. Anyhoo, I'm assuming you're talking about the remake BSG (I didn't like either.) I wouldn't call the Orville a parody, perhaps it started that way but I don't think it's been like that for a while.
A flower?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 23. Jun 22, 15:47

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 23. Jun 22, 12:46
while its miles better then anything else new Trek manage to create, the reason it feels off for me is that some one forgot that its a Sci-Fi show in the future. People speak, act and cloth themselves as hipsters from 2016.
That was my big problem with the second season of ST: Picard--going back in time and having most of the show set in contemporary America just seemed to completely forget what the franchise is about, all for the sake of some of the heaviest-handed eco propaganda they could stuff in there.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 09:30

Haven't got to the third season of the Orville yet. Didn't mind the first two seasons.
First season might suffer a bit from Macfarlane "Family Guy/Ted" writing.
The show is probaly still a Trek-lite but it is a homage to the Trek family.

Redvers Ganderpoke

Post by Redvers Ganderpoke » Sun, 26. Jun 22, 10:16

Third season Orville is sci-fi with a tiny bit of MacFarlane humour compared to season one is MacFarlane humour in a sci-fi situation.

Anyway just watched episode 3 of SNW and it was a recycled story done so many times and so much better elsewhere. Cancelled the Paramount+ sub before the 7 days free expires. Other content on there doesn't seem to be worth the money either.
A flower?

Return to “Off Topic English”