Cyberpunk 2077

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by euclid » Thu, 17. Feb 22, 19:50

1.3 game works, that's good news, thanks. Guess I'll give it a go. Uhh btw I'm using one mod called "Hats are Hair" just not look like a clown :-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 20. Feb 22, 20:48

Long time no see! :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 23. Feb 22, 07:57

Enjoy the bugs while they still exist. I would have never taken this screenshot without the one that throws you way above the highest building in Night City. This was on the way down.

I'd like to add how great the photo mode is in this game. Here It seems to mimic the distortion of architecture the same way a camera lens does. You'd be surprised how complicated architecture photography is and the depiction of the buildings here looks like it was actually taken with a camera. Or very close to it. There are some specialty lenses that can aid in this IRL and some editing tools to straighten them out but hard to do when people are in the frame. I also appreciate the aperture options. No Man Sky also has a decent photo mode but not as complex. Unfortunately, the cyberpunk one downgrades the quality and I do not know what setting prevents it. It keeps the pixel size but seems to downgrade everything else. :rant: I did edit in some noise because the juxtapose it added to the screen shot. So, the noise was not what I mean by downgrading as that was deliberate ion my part.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Tue, 24. May 22, 02:41

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/esport ... ar-AARTcf2

Cd Projekt Red pays a settlement of 1.8 million to the shareholders. Fortunately, a small number for what they game has and will continue to make. But what bothers me is the game was initially "it will be released when it is released" type of game which made me very happy. But then all the sudden it is released on consoles not capable of handling it, and full of the kind of bugs that made the game feel rushed. They never were able to cut the older gen form the lineup, and the game was unfinished. A little odd for a "it will be released when it is released" approach. So, to my mind it was released like this at the demand of the shareholders. and then unhappy with the release and loss of potential revenue, the shareholders managed to sue for damages. Am I reading this wrong?

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 26. Dec 22, 11:04

Night City, feels good to be back :)

Spoiler
Show

Warenwolf
x4

Post by Warenwolf » Wed, 28. Dec 22, 19:44

Incubi wrote:
Tue, 24. May 22, 02:41
So, to my mind it was released like this at the demand of the shareholders. and then unhappy with the release and loss of potential revenue, the shareholders managed to sue for damages. Am I reading this wrong?
I think you are reading it wrong. First of all, shareholders can't demand anything from the board unless they have voting majority (depending on jurisdictions not all shares give voting rights, just to make it complicated) and as far as I know CD Project Red majority of shares is held (or was held at that particular time) by guys that started the company.

While many, imho, are too quick to blame shareholders or supposedly evil publishers in gaming industry, the reality is often bit more complicated:
Sometimes the owners of the company (and this probably happened here to a degree) paint a too rosy picture or outright lie to potential and existing investors about perspectives of the company just to make them invest (either buy shares or offer the capital in case of publisher) in the company.
Obviously if shareholders were the ones pushing the release prematurely they would not have dared to go to court for this - the judge would surely throw out the case if CD Project Red could prove it and would be given golden PR opportunity on shifting the blame to an outside force - Cyberpunk has become synonymous with a botched release and "doing a cyberpunk style release" is recognizable concept among gamers.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Wed, 4. Jan 23, 01:50

Picked this up on sale on the Xbox. It's not bad so far, although I'm doing what I always do in open worlds: ignore the plot and wander around killing people and finding things.

One funny bug was V performed a finisher move with mantis blades, leaving the dead person stood T posing over me in an apparent attempt to exert dominance.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:35

Spoiler
Show

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 14:47

Must admit with Starfield coming in October I doubt I'll be much interested in Cyberpunk2077, the fact that Cities Skylines 2 releases in September doesn't help.

I liked Cyberpunk the first run, but when I realised playing any faction would essentially mean the same experience with a few text lines added, it lost most of the appeal for me. Might check it out at a later stage.

MFG

Ketraar

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 28. Jun 23, 15:06

I'm looking forward to Starfield but, as all Bethesda games, it will require some bugfixes and tweaks (mod community). Hence I'll postpone the purchase for some time.

The Cyberpunk expansion is a different thing for me. What I like most are the different setups (skills, cyberware, weapons etc.). My lastest toon is a pure netrunner and I love playing it. However, I wonder if you can start the expansion at any stage of your game or if it's better (even required?) to make a new game. Guess time will tell.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 4. Jul 23, 10:49

euclid wrote:
Wed, 28. Jun 23, 15:06
~ However, I wonder if you can start the expansion at any stage of your game or if it's better (even required?) to make a new game. Guess time will tell.
I think (not entirely sure) that part of the story is a cure for V
So it probably does allow a continuation of your nearly finished everything save.
Although I wouldn't mind starting the whole thing over, its really good.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 19:26

Reference starting the whole thing over .. Thats now a recommended thing in the latest Updte v2 released yesterday, its a major overhaul of the game with some really good changes it was crying out for :

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.p ... .11118898/
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 21:05

Yeah, I finally finished the download (~50GB on GOG) and the changes are massive. :o

So far all the perk trees are new, the cyberware is hardly recognizable. Cars can have now builtin weapons, police is patrolling the streets (on foot / in vehicles). Combat and healing changed a lot too - I barely survived a fight I normally would've laughed about (some street thugs nearly gave me quite a beating). Armor system is now tied to cyberware, clothes are only for visuals - no cloth modding anymore. The whole questlog UI changed.

That's all I experienced first hand after poking around for an hour (or let's say stumbling around). I guess I roll a new character to "feel" the progression / learn all those things anew.

edit Performance changed a lot for me, too (for the better, but I've a RTX rig). CD Project RED also included a note about that in the changelog - users should definately check that in order to not being surprised by the changed requirements. (depending on the own system one might not want to apply this update and stay at the previous version)

Spoiler
Show

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 26. Sep 23, 10:17

Oh yes, I have an RTX aswell, Cyberpunk 2077 is now the smoothest game I have ever experienced on a laptop (even before this version it has always been pretty good on my machine). Performance is amazingly fluid, and the laptop never overheats with some pretty high settings I wouldn't use in other game engines.
Using the Scalpel Katana when on Jackies bike was a memorable moment for me. And its not awkward driving while fighting/shooting which surprised me, I thought it would be something I wouldn't bother with because I imagined I would have fudge fingers trying to execute attacks.
Driving itself is a lot better, I used to just ride bikes because other vehicles were always a bit awkward, now with the new weighting of cars the handling is greatly improved.
I also find the new ways of upgrading weapons and your armour is a lot less tedious than it used to be. Being able to craft higher tier from lower tier items is also good.

Just one thing I hope they sort out, those new wandering police, for example if you get in a fight to assist the local NCPD and help them out, along comes a wandering plod, decides you are doing something illegal and starts shooting at you. If you shoot back .. the ones you were helping will then turn on you for shooting at a Policeman :D. All you can do in those cases is run away to calm things down again.

The Edgerunners bonus items are still in game, I found Rebeccas shotgun (although it needs a bit of upgrading via the perk tree, to cut down on recoil effect, this shotgun really knocks you back), and acquired David Martinez Jacket.

Anyway here's looking forward to more updates, but right now the DLC Phantom Liberty is downloading.

Seeker of Sohnen.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 5. Oct 23, 13:21

V2.01 released ..
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49231/patch-2-01

Looking forward to more :) (I submit a few tickets last night and both responded to this morning, so they are still working on more after this mornings patch)

Anyone has any bugs to report, scroll down here https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyb ... e-issues-3
and click Contact us.

Seeker of Sohnen.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 19. Oct 23, 20:04

Now I have a monster truck. Ho-ho-ho! 8)

Image Image Image

2.0 and the DLC Phantom Liberty are just awesome - totally new experience, more Night City, more cyberpunk. I'm happy :)

Spoiler
Show

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Sat, 21. Oct 23, 15:46

I will say Frame Generation is such an incredible game changer. For the settings I am using it increased average FPS from 42 to over 130. Really an impressive technology.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 22. Oct 23, 11:03

clakclak wrote:
Sat, 21. Oct 23, 15:46
I will say Frame Generation is such an incredible game changer. For the settings I am using it increased average FPS from 42 to over 130. Really an impressive technology.
:roll: Yes, its not so long ago I upgraded to a laptop with an NVidia 3060 for DLSS .. Now I really want a machine with a NVidia 40xx.
Now waiting until I can afford one of the new ASUS laptops which also have the AMD X3d processors with lots of L3 cache.

Meanwhile I think CP2077 update 2.02 is probably coming out in this coming week, hope so anyway there are a few things really need fixed still which 2.00 broke and 2.01 didn't fix.
Patience required :)

Seeker of Sohnen.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Mon, 23. Oct 23, 00:43

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 22. Oct 23, 11:03
clakclak wrote:
Sat, 21. Oct 23, 15:46
:roll: Yes, its not so long ago I upgraded to a laptop with an NVidia 3060 for DLSS .. Now I really want a machine with a NVidia 40xx.
Now waiting until I can afford one of the new ASUS laptops which also have the AMD X3d processors with lots of L3 cache.

Meanwhile I think CP2077 update 2.02 is probably coming out in this coming week, hope so anyway there are a few things really need fixed still which 2.00 broke and 2.01 didn't fix.
Patience required :)
Full disclosure, I said this a lot throughout this threat but I will repeat it so that no wrong ideas come up. I do not own a 40xx card. I do however have a 1gbit internet connection and a founders edition of Geforce Now, thus cheaper access to their RTX 4080 branch 4k game streaming. I am not sponsored by Nvidia, but I am damned impressed how well it works. There is no question that playing natively with a computer with the same specs will yield better results and also be less troubling as the service is far far from perfect, but to someone like myself who does kot plan on getting a PC with a strong GPU any time soon it is the perfect solution for the time being.

Edit: Will screenshot and copy the settings I am using in here at some point.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 3. Dec 23, 17:58

Cyberpunk 2077 gets even more awesome with the next massive 2.1 update - which is basically yet another enhanced version of the game:
  • Fully fledged metro system (preserving fast travel and adding sightseeing)
  • Portable radio (Hell yeah!)
  • More cars, more bikes
  • Races connected to a particular quest are now a repeatable activity which also allows earning Autofixer discounts
  • Bike gameplay enhanced (stunts are now possible - like driving in the walls of a concrete tube or doing saltos in mid-air)
  • Bike combat enhanced (throw knifes & tomahawks)
  • .. and more (e.g. more romantic getaways)
@source: REDstreams — Update 2.1 Overview with Paweł Sasko and Monika Janowska

Spoiler
Show

Return to “Off Topic English”